Sign in to follow this  
shawy13

New York City RL

Formally applied to join the leagues in 2019. What’s people’s thoughts on this? NY has never appealed to me somwouodnt be on my list of away days but I think it’s fantastic news for rugby league. 

C1B9D5CF-9688-409B-8DCA-BFD6BFA4D3DB.jpeg

Edited by shawy13

not sure that the influx of yanky and canadian teams employing a lot of our players is going to be beneficial to the rest of the rugby clubs below superleague but it might make a profit for the money men if they can get crowds of 10,000 plus as predicted

Or it might give the game a real boost in the USA and globally who knows. There is nothing to lose as far as I can see just like there wasn’t with Toronto. 

you say there is nothing to lose but I think we could lose some traditional long standing clubs but I hope i'm wrong

If we lose a club it won’t be because they made a FREE trip to America once. Teams are struggling now unfortunately regardless of having to go to NY or Toronto once a year 

it s not the trips away i was thinking about but the player pool being stretched to the detriment of the bottom clubs and the fact that it will be harder for the lower clubs to sign decent players when the cream will be signed up by the money clubs over the water and the more overseas teams apply the harder it will become

• Like 1