Sign in to follow this  
IAmASeatonRanger

James Newton

33 minutes ago, IAmASeatonRanger said:

I have heard that James Newton has left us to play for Barrow anyone else heard this and any truth in this

Heard him and miller where both approached by barrow Glenn Riley as also been mentioned aswell. 

34 minutes ago, millomite said:

No truth in what you have stated Seaton ranger

No truth that he's going to barrow or that he's been approached. Riley is the latest linked and fair play to him if he goes way too good for this league.

On 10/18/2017 at 10:03 AM, IAmASeatonRanger said:

I have heard that James Newton has left us to play for Barrow anyone else heard this and any truth in this

Left us :shout: Anonymouse was bang on unless there is someone with the same name posting on the Town forum concerned about our squad.;)

sorry to see newts go is he thinking same as me we,ll be half the side we were last season.some poor signings made so far.looks like championship one for some time to come. 

18 hours ago, sl1234 said:

sorry to see newts go is he thinking same as me we,ll be half the side we were last season.some poor signings made so far.looks like championship one for some time to come. 

I think this season will be the toughest League 1 season ever with Bradford being in it and the strong recruiting by all of last seasons top 8 clubs so far doncaster have signed half of hull , york have made very good changes and additions as have kieghley and newcastle , towns main problem was size and depth in the pack last season and seem to be addressing that nicely now so I'd say haven will finish below them this season but the derby games should be more competitive .

• Like 1

On 10/11/2017 at 12:29 PM, Anonymouse said:

I think this season will be the toughest League 1 season ever with Bradford being in it and the strong recruiting by all of last seasons top 8 clubs so far doncaster have signed half of hull , york have made very good changes and additions as have kieghley and newcastle , towns main problem was size and depth in the pack last season and seem to be addressing that nicely now so I'd say haven will finish below them this season but the derby games should be more competitive .

i think haven and town will struggle to achieve anything better than 6/7th theres looking like better sides than us 2.both teams need to hit the ground running as a month in the writing could be on the wall. 

6 hours ago, steven dawson said:

i think haven and town will struggle to achieve anything better than 6/7th theres looking like better sides than us 2.both teams need to hit the ground running as a month in the writing could be on the wall. 

All it takes marra is a good early run of 6 or 7 wins early on and both teams are capable of it but anyhow just landed in Benidorm now for 5 nights drinking darkfruits cider so happy days 😂😂😂😂

I think we should Trust Amanda and the Bod, we have got a good spine of a team if we were to bring in 3 quality signings and dr with a top outfit we will me more than capable of competing next year 

On 14/11/2017 at 3:16 PM, donald said:

All it takes marra is a good early run of 6 or 7 wins early on and both teams are capable of it but anyhow just landed in Benidorm now for 5 nights drinking darkfruits cider so happy days 😂😂😂😂

enjoy lad look after tys 

• Like 1

On 10/11/2017 at 12:29 PM, Anonymouse said:

Bit late to respond I know but you certainly are showing your true colours. Have I missed something or have haven been hammering town for the past few years ? Last season we won 2 out of 4 games, should have won on good Friday and got slaughtered in the last game with the bare bones of a team and 6 wingers playing. We have dominated haven for quite a while now so maybe you need to think before you post.

1 hour ago, unicorn106 said:

Bit late to respond I know but you certainly are showing your true colours. Have I missed something or have haven been hammering town for the past few years ? Last season we won 2 out of 4 games, should have won on good Friday and got slaughtered in the last game with the bare bones of a team and 6 wingers playing. We have dominated haven for quite a while now so maybe you need to think before you post.

True colours,it was a fair post on the upcoming season and where does it say Haven have been hammering Town,as for dominating Haven,that has happened the last 2 seasons now has it,witch hunt springs to mind.

Derby games should be more competitive this season ? What's that all about ? No witch hunt on my part I agree with a lot of his posts but I couldn't let that one go it made no sense.

it seems ironic that town fans slated haven last season for supposedly putting all their eggs in one basket in a attempt to reach the championship.isnt that exactly what town are doing now yet they said last season they would build over the next 5 years .bailey and penky will swallow at least a third of the salary cap.as for sunday i think at home haven will prove very difficult to beat and will play the conditions better than town.im going for a tight game but haven to edge it 18-12

7 hours ago, haven n proud said:

it seems ironic that town fans slated haven last season for supposedly putting all their eggs in one basket in a attempt to reach the championship.isnt that exactly what town are doing now yet they said last season they would build over the next 5 years .bailey and penky will swallow at least a third of the salary cap.as for sunday i think at home haven will prove very difficult to beat and will play the conditions better than town.im going for a tight game but haven to edge it 18-12

I don't believe we know the cost of Penky although I cannot see it being a huge amount given that he was originally "retiring" when he left TWP.   Bailey is on a pay per game basis with it covered by one of the sponsors according to reports.  I don't think given the other recruiting Town has undertaken which I have been following (the new loan being an example) that your summation of "all eggs in one basket" is an accurate assessment.

It will be an interesting test for both clubs.  If the game shows up on youtube next week I will be very interested to watch it and see how accurate the fan optimism prior to the game translated on the field. 

Haven does have a good squad - if both sides play to their potential it will be a good benchmark for each. 

7 minutes ago, Captain Survival said:

I don't believe we know the cost of Penky although I cannot see it being a huge amount given that he was originally "retiring" when he left TWP.   Bailey is on a pay per game basis with it covered by one of the sponsors according to reports.  I don't think given the other recruiting Town has undertaken which I have been following (the new loan being an example) that your summation of "all eggs in one basket" is an accurate assessment.

It will be an interesting test for both clubs.  If the game shows up on youtube next week I will be very interested to watch it and see how accurate the fan optimism prior to the game translated on the field. 

Haven does have a good squad - if both sides play to their potential it will be a good benchmark for each. 

There's no way Bailey would be on pay per play.towns signings gives the impression it's do or die this season to most folk.should be a juicy game.