Sign in to follow this  
Red Willow

New Badge

4 hours ago, Konkrete said:

Unfortunately it's worse than awful, it's laughable.  I'm sure all the symbolism is very well conceived but, ho'way, this is 2017.  The modern world, the age of Aquarius etc etc.  Just who tf do they expect to inspire with this insipid effort?  It's suposed to be a rough tough rugby league side...aka the red devils, not some protected wood near Hebden Bridge.   FFS!

Again your hate for anything Salford just comes across as sour grapes and yet more woe us  from Bradford.

Have you not got a few pending court cases to discuss rather than be fixated  on Salford?

Perhaps you could suggest a new logo with a dying bull looking to be out of its misery with a few hyper excited fans running around it as a suggestion (being an entirely new company with NO links to the previous TWO bankrupt ones(apart from the ground, the name, the logo....) -  surely it needs a new start?

3 hours ago, kiyan said:

Again your hate for anything Salford just comes across as sour grapes and yet more woe us  from Bradford.

Have you not got a few pending court cases to discuss rather than be fixated  on Salford?

Perhaps you could suggest a new logo with a dying bull looking to be out of its misery with a few hyper excited fans running around it as a suggestion (being an entirely new company with NO links to the previous TWO bankrupt ones(apart from the ground, the name, the logo....) -  surely it needs a new start?

So you're not going to respond to anything he has said, just attack him and attempt to bring the conversation off topic?

C'mon, give it a rest. It's not about Bradford.

Way way way too many things you can barely see in the outer shield. The inner shield of the willow might actually make quite a good badge for a team that wasn't called the Red Devil's.

i appreciate they can't go too far in to Man Utd territory with the devil but a trident  could get the message across and look good.

The tree represents the meaning of the name Salford not the old ground.

This badge will disappear on a red shirt and all you will see is the tree. I saw someone take this design and make it look an awful lot better on face book

4 hours ago, kiyan said:

The guy doesn't like the logo. I don't like it. A lot of people don't like it.

It isn't a question of needing a new start, rather a question of making the right new start. This isn't it. 

10 hours ago, Damien said:

I presume the Salford fans weren't consulted on this design?

Appears not. Marwan’s parting gift. A bit like one of those flaming parcels that are left on your door step by trick or treaters. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

Seriously, big **** off 'S' on a red background.

Job done.

Don't overthink it.

TBH if they wanted the heritage integrated into the logo, then I think they have done it nicely (again it looks just like Wire's re-brand so I assume they used the same company) but that part is subtle, nice enough and things like the bees look good. It is the centre-piece that is terrible. A red S or a Devil would have been perfect instead of a droopy tree.

7 minutes ago, Dave T said:

TBH if they wanted the heritage integrated into the logo, then I think they have done it nicely (again it looks just like Wire's re-brand so I assume they used the same company) but that part is subtle, nice enough and things like the bees look good. It is the centre-piece that is terrible. A red S or a Devil would have been perfect instead of a droopy tree.

Big **** off S.

The rest is details for designers.  Only us saddos on forums are going to much notice or care.  Man City changed their badge season before last for example.  Anyone notice?  Nope, because on the big stuff it looked the same.

Who has ever associated a sad looking tree with rugby?

6 hours ago, kiyan said:

So no Bradford supporter can comment on anything about any other club without being accused of 'sour grapes'?

Perhaps I should just delete my account from this site? Yeah, that will 'solve' the design issues with Salford's new branding...

6 hours ago, kiyan said:

Perhaps Salford's logo should be changed to a giant handbag?

The worker bees are very symbolic of Manchester, which may make the move easier.....................

No doubt they paid a consultant lots of money to produce this monstrosity. I know it's a subjective thing but it's truly awful. Branding is important nowadays and having such a poor badge wont be helpful to a club trying to grow its fan base. 

14 hours ago, Futtocks said:

This one?

DL9oDI0X0A8xNrl.jpg

The Dewsbury one reminds me of the Briggs or Baines collectable cards from the early 1900s, which is a good thing.

Is the Dewsbury team that played prior to 1898 considered to be a predecessor club? 

3 hours ago, Henson Park Old Firm said:

DMetEUZWsAA0Yid?format=jpg   gee.  they should have went with this

That's the improved version posted by a fan the white will make it stand out against a red shirt.

5 hours ago, Stevo said:

If it hasn't got a cartoon scary animal/ giant on it, it's not a SL standard logo.

Widnes hasn't, Wakefield hasn't, hull kr hasn't, st Helens hasn't, Wigan hasn't, 

Some teams quite legitimately are named after scary animals, so it stands to reason that their logo would reflect this.

My personal favourite is the Widnes Vikings logo