Sign in to follow this  
shawy13

Doncaster Season Tickets

Is this something that could work at Barrow? Obviously you can’t just give tickets away willy nilly but Doncaster think they can make it work.

Absolute bargain, if that doesn’t get people through the gate then they may as well just give up 

http://bit.ly/2gQcb1w

Their average crowd for the first eight home games was 591,

maximum was 943 v Toronto

minimum was 334 v Oxford

I'm guessing their STs will be £60 but still a good buy.

Out of interest Barrows average was 843 for those eight games,.

Of course teams played different teams at home in 2017.

Obviously I didn’t mean can Barrow copy it exactly. Numbers would need tweaking accordingly but it’s a great incentive and if you could potentially pick up a season ticket for £60 - £80 it may get the floaters interested. 

Huddersfield also offering some great deals. Only catch is you have to watch Huddersfield every other week  

I'd buy one at any of those prices. I typically get to 4 or 5 games a year so makes sense to me haha

27 minutes ago, shawy13 said:

Obviously I didn’t mean can Barrow copy it exactly. Numbers would need tweaking accordingly but it’s a great incentive and if you could potentially pick up a season ticket for £60 - £80 it may get the floaters interested. 

Huddersfield also offering some great deals. Only catch is you have to watch Huddersfield every other week  

No intention to offend or criticise, great to bring this to our attention.

Must be a difficult commercial decision to make, pricing Season Tickets and general admission to maximise income but also maximise crowds.

At the EGM there was an indication Barrow STs would soon be on offer to get some income in before the winter, I'm watching out...............

Toronto does seasons tickets and from what we Torontonians have been led to understand did very well out of it even in their initial year.  One could also buy blocks of tickets for 3 games.   They have not released how many subscribers for next year they have but its suspected to be a few thousand already not even knowing what the fixture schedule might be.

It surprises me to hear that seasons tickets are not the norm for all RL teams - I was very surprised to see this thread on the matter.  From a financial perspective every dollar already counted allows for that much more forward planning.

Were I Barrow management I would be making a very strong push on season ticket holders.  Even at a discount once in the door  you can push to them all confectionery and merchandise sales, promotions, etc

Edited by Captain Survival

2 hours ago, millomite said:
51 minutes ago, Captain Survival said:

Toronto does seasons tickets and from what we Torontonians have been led to understand did very well out of it even in their initial year.  One could also buy blocks of tickets for 3 games.   They have not released how many subscribers for next year they have but its suspected to be a few thousand already not even knowing what the fixture schedule might be.

It surprises me to hear that seasons tickets are not the norm for all RL teams - I was very surprised to see this thread on the matter.  From a financial perspective every dollar already counted allows for that much more forward planning.

Were I Barrow management I would be making a very strong push on season ticket holders.  Even at a discount once in the door  you can push to them all confectionery and merchandise sales, promotions, etc

I’m sure all clubs do season tickets. I was just drawing attention to the offer Doncaster have becauee I thought it was great value and could maybe entice a few floaters like myself. 

Problem is would the extras sold make up for any loss on usual sales 

• Thanks 1

@shawy13 thank you for clarifying.  I just read the Doncaster promotion in full  and I think it is very worthwhile and the pricing is astonishing.  If they succeed in getting a thousand ticket holders I have to think the potential weekly confectionery sales, etc should be more then enough to offset the loss on "usual" sales.

This is a great opportunity for both the club and fans.  And imagine the benefit for players seeing a fuller house every week to cheer them on, very motivating.  This would be something great for all to build upon.

Edited by Captain Survival

£180 for Barrow early bird offer and pay on the gate prices are staying at £15 pound for adults, kids season tickets are £9.99.

• Like 1