Sign in to follow this  

For those fans in the Yorkshire area who like to visit a lower league team when they can't follow their SL team Doncaster are offering season tickets for £60 maximum. This could drop to £30 if the 1000 target is reached. Bearing in mind it was £15 to pay on the gate last season then £60 is a bargain let alone £30. 

As part of the Dons Challenge 1000 season ticket launch for the 2018 season, all adult and concession season tickets have been reduced to £60 as of Wednesday October 18.

However, your season ticket may become cheaper, depending on how many are sold by the Dons as a club.

The campaign is explained below:

The more adult (& concession) season ticket prices we sell, the cheaper your season ticket becomes.

If we sell less than 500 season tickets - you pay £60

If we sell 500 to 749 season tickets - you pay £50

If we sell 750 to 999 season tickets - you pay £40

If we sell 1000 or more season tickets - you pay £30

Furthermore,

The first 250 children under the age of 16 will receive free Dons season tickets, and that number will be raised depending on the demand of tickets.

The Challenge 1000 and kids go free campaigns will run until Christmas, when we will announce the final number of adult season ticket sales and the final amount to pay and the final number of kids season tickets that have been ordered.

Between then and now fans can secure their season ticket with a deposit of £30, with the final amount (hopefully nothing) due after Christmas.  Any outstanding balance will be due on the collection of season ticket books (date TBC).

So make sure you encourage friends and family members to purchase a season ticket to ensure that all fans enjoy a successful season both on and off the pitch. 

Season tickets will be valid for home league games only and will not include play off games.

View the full article

Edited by deluded pom?

It sounds like hull will be using Doncaster quite extensively now they've closed down the reserves, will hull be sure subsidising this deal? 

We (Doncaster) can only play 5 players on loan/d-r on a match day . We have signed 4 on loan !

Deano  have you something against the Dons , remember people in glass houses ....

Nothing at all and I wish you well. With the quality of your squad will mean more winning pay with less income. It just doesn’t add up to me. Good luck

Deano ,our marketing team are bringing in more income , I am sure all the sums have been done.

Any way hoping to see you guys home & away next season.

3 hours ago, jpmc said:

It sounds like hull will be using Doncaster quite extensively now they've closed down the reserves, will hull be sure subsidising this deal? 

Didn’t realise this happened, why? Rumour of Wire doing the same. Seems odd when it might be a condition of SL structure in 2019

jpmg , we (Doncaster) have 4 players on loan if they play we can only have 1 on d-reg & that player must earn less than £25 k so it will one of the youngsters !

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, weighman said:

jpmg , we (Doncaster) have 4 players on loan if they play we can only have 1 on d-reg & that player must earn less than £25 k so it will one of the youngsters !

Happy to watch how it pans out throughout the season.maybe hull will be using other clubs as well

I remember when then chairman Peter Hood took to the pitch at Odsal to announce a similar scheme.

Within a year we were in Administration ( and it's been downhill since)

Just sayin'

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, weighman said:

Was that the 1st , 2nd or 3rd time paul.

Just sayin'

1st

It was top of a (very) slippery slope.

We were assured that people would make up the shortfall by spending money on food, drink and merchandise in the stadium. But it didn't turn out that way. 

So the scheme will work if they go some way over the 1,000 tickets sold. I'm presuming that is the goal as the stadium holds 15,000 I believe. It will create a better atmosphere with a larger crowd, assuming ticket holders turn up regularly. 

14 hours ago, weighman said:

I think Doncaster are in the position that they can afford to do this is as  they have increased sponsorship income.

That's part of what they said at the Bulls as well. 

That said, for balance, similar schemes seem to have worked well at other sporting clubs - mainly football. Bradford City on a larger scale is one example. 

Edited by Amber Avenger

As a Donny fans this is a great deal. I haven't had a season ticket since I was a teenager, so will definitely be buying one for next season, as will 4 other family members who haven't been for years. The club is run very well, and being run under the club doncaster umbrella, along side the football club ensures the club can easily afford to make deals on tickets like this one. The owners of club doncaster are worth a good few hundred million so the days of the Dons going bust are thankfully long gone.... roll on 2018

• Like 1