Sign in to follow this  
RogerT

New season shirts

As anybody heard owt yet about what next season's home kit is going to be like.

I just hope they ditched the awful design of last season or owt similar.

I favoured something like our away kit of last season as the home kit.

We seem to have moved away from the original club colours, which were Cerise and Fawn, which were re-introduced after the red and white hoops. We've gone more yellow/gold recently. I liked the Cerise shirt with the narrow fawn bands and I think reversing that shirt would be impressive. The away kit of the 2017 season was too similar to the home kit of 2016. A good away strip would be a homage to the cherry and white era, maybe copied from Hull FC's design. What I would like to see is the Batley town crest put back on the shirt somewhere; maybe on the right breast to balance the Bulldog crest on the left.

• Like 1

I believe they can't get the right mixture for the Fawn colour , something to do with the printing.

I must admit my favourite format was the original version when they reverted back to Cerise and Fawn as in the era of Henry Oulton with the narrow Fawn bands, and our first sponsors name on I believe was Del La Mer.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

Was cerise and fawn the original strip of Batley RLFC?

Yes.

Cerise and fawn hoops.

Worn by the club after formation in 1880.

Edited by il cattivo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, il cattivo said:

Yes.

Cerise and fawn hoops.

As a rugby union club !!! What was Batley rl original colours when the northern union was formed tho

Even though we've flirted with the giants /Brisbane colours lately they are an improvement on red and white. Leave that to Oldham Leigh saints Wigan...

I welcome outlandish colours for away strips, home shirts with miniscule design twists don't shout buy me x3

3 hours ago, il cattivo said:

Yes.

Cerise and fawn hoops.

I thought everything was in black & white before 1974

On ‎21‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 7:41 AM, RogerT said:

As anybody heard owt yet about what next season's home kit is going to be like.

I just hope they ditched the awful design of last season or owt similar.

I favoured something like our away kit of last season as the home kit.

I liked the home shirts from last season.......I bought one

I didn't like the away kit......

Fawn is not on Raven sports colour chart apparently .....

but thin hoops looks good.....IMO     .....but please bring back the white shorts.....

Batley Rugby Shirt.jpg

Edited by RPH

Somebody obviously could provide the fawn colour in the 80's!! regarding Batley colours on the change to RL, they wore white shirts in the first CC final. Seen them in blue and white hoops, green, red and white hoops and then the red and white a bit like Hull's design, and all variations of the cerise. Just make it a bit less yellow then!! As I said, a reversal of the above to a fawn/gold shirt with the cerise band would be good, and PLEASE put the town crest back on.

• Like 1

On 22/10/2017 at 10:10 AM, phildog said:

Somebody obviously could provide the fawn colour in the 80's!! regarding Batley colours on the change to RL, they wore white shirts in the first CC final. Seen them in blue and white hoops, green, red and white hoops and then the red and white a bit like Hull's design, and all variations of the cerise. Just make it a bit less yellow then!! As I said, a reversal of the above to a fawn/gold shirt with the cerise band would be good, and PLEASE put the town crest back on.

Blue and white hoops?? When was that Phil dog.  Anyone else remember those colours.??

Mark my words, we HAVE played in Blue and White hoops, just saying......................

I remember the blue shirts with white and yellow diamonds, I think it was the late 80's, possibly early 90's. I can't ever remember blue and white stripes though.

Edited by DOGFATHER

Phildog is quite correct. According to my very learned sources, we played in blue and white hoops in the mid to late 1930's. 

Edited by Tony F
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Tony F said:

Phildog is quite correct. According to my very learned sources, we played in blue and white hoops in the mid to late 1930's. 

Fair enough, well before my time, but am surprised Roger can't remember, he must have left school around then.

• Like 2

I find it quite disturbing that in 2017 we can not have the colours we want on a shirt. Not by some ruling but my a merchants shortfalling. 

Sounds familiar. A bit Hemingwayesque. Do we stick with locals who provide a limited service or cast the net wider? We were stung by Samurai delays but doesn't mean another company can't do  a job for us. Hmmm.

Glad I just pay to watch some guys chase a ball...

1 hour ago, DOGFATHER said:

I remember the blue shirts with white and yellow diamonds, I think it was the late 80's, possibly early 90's. I can't ever remember blue and white stripes though.

have got one a them somewere amongst a box a shirts from the past, had a few squares too amongs the diamonds in rows, around time a gibbo i think as we sponsered batley boys at the time with same strip green were its blue..

surprised we aint had an expert on with a piccy of the old shirts/ IMO

The design for the 2017 training top (similar to the one posted earlier in this thread) was a great throwback to the 80's. Something similar for this year's home kit would be welcome. However, I expect that we'll just get another lazy rehash. 

Edited by Tony F

Be careful of the Mick Brett Turner slagging or we will be at the mercy of little Gareth firm.

Ravensport all day long for me