1. 1. Who will win?

• Australia by 13 points or more
    • Australia by 7 to 12 points
    • Australia by 1 to 6 points
    • Draw
    • England by 1 to 6 points
    • England by 7 to 12 points
    • England by 13 points or more

It ain't World Cup o'clock 'til the match threads appear! B) 

Surely only one winner to pick here.

Edited by RayCee

I'm impressed that so far 50% of voters think England will win. It shows that after all these years people still have hope and a belief that it's possible.

To beat Australia, any team must control the Ruck area. Problem is Australia have Cam Smith, who is in near perfect form this year and is near perfect in controlling not just the ruck, but the whole game. But outside him, they have Cronk and Slater. Them 3 play the game telepathically at times and one might have an off game but never all 3. Australia are maybe weaker in certain areas than ever before. But with them 3, alongside the other Storm players like Chambers, Munster etc, who also have been near perfect all year, I doubt England will beat Australia at all.

Might be better for England to lose this game anyway. If they win this, I cant see them getting close to Australia in the likely final. The Roos will not need any extra incentive to win the Final.

14 minutes ago, Lounge Room Lizard said:

To beat Australia, any team must control the Ruck area. Problem is Australia have Cam Smith, who is in near perfect form this year and is near perfect in controlling not just the ruck, but the whole game. But outside him, they have Cronk and Slater. Them 3 play the game telepathically at times and one might have an off game but never all 3. Australia are maybe weaker in certain areas than ever before. But with them 3, alongside the other Storm players like Chambers, Munster etc, who also have been near perfect all year, I doubt England will beat Australia at all.

Might be better for England to lose this game anyway. If they win this, I cant see them getting close to Australia in the likely final. The Roos will not need any extra incentive to win the Final.

"Australia are maybe weaker in certain areas than ever before" - I've heard that so many times over the years...

5 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

"Australia are maybe weaker in certain areas than ever before" - I've heard that so many times over the years...

If they start with Shaaron Woods and Klemmer, then that is probably the weakest Props starting for along time! But yes you are correct.

• Like 1

It’s 8pm Friday night in Melbourne which is 10am Friday in UK. Daylight savings only started a couple of weeks ago in Victoria so maybe the SL site got confused 😆😆

Edited by DiH68

As i'm off to Auckland for the 2nd semi, i'd like a draw and then to finish 2nd in the group on points.

Beating NZ will be another level in prep and then we'll win in Brisbane.

It's the hope that kills isn't it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BBR said:

Any idea where this can be viewed in Italy?

It's a long shot but try the highest mountain you can find and double strength binoculars (or a VPN)

Edited by Scubby
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

I will hold on my prediction until the match day squads are announced (do we know when this is?)... getting excited now though.

35 minutes ago, Scubby said:

It's a long shot but try the highest mountain you can find and double strength binoculars (or a VPN)

Good job he wasn’t in Holland 

:codemafia:

England can defeat Australia, but in order to do so we need two things to happen; first, in a close game we need the 'rub of the green' (unlike in 2014, Hall's rising ball in the 79th minute which could have eliminated the Kangaroos!), and secondly, as Hall himself said, the team needs to be spot on for the whole eighty minutes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dunbar said:

I will hold on my prediction until the match day squads are announced (do we know when this is?)... getting excited now though.

Tomorrow