Sign in to follow this  
Just Browny

Ben Murdoch-Masila

I'm made up with this signing. Very much needed. 

The first half of the season he was the stand out player, in the 2nd half the whole team dropped off and Big Ben added a lot of extra weight.  I am sure that will come off in pre season and will be an asset to Wire.

Hope this is the last of the departures from Salford, rumours abound that they all signed long term deals to increase their value when  going to other clubs.

Not yet renewed my season ticket, as I am still waiting to hear what the new structure will mean.

That's four decent signings (on the face of it) - the team is looking a bit stronger now.

1 - Ratchford

2 - Lineham

3 - Goodwin

4 - Atkins

5 - Russell

6 - Brown

7 - Roberts

8 - Hill

9 - Clark

10 - Akauola

11 - Hughes

12 - Currie

13 - Murdoch Masila

14 - Smith

15 - Cooper

16 - Crosby

17 - Philbin / King / Westwood

Still think we are a bit light around the three-quarters, especially as Russell does suffer some injuries, but we have the makings of a decent 17 there.

• Like 1

I think the competition for places and the more established back room staff at Warrington will get BMM into the best condition we’ve seen him in and keep him there for the season. If they do that then he’ll be destructive.

Slowly building a fearsome pack at Wire, they’ll be up there amongst it next season.

58 minutes ago, Sco77 said:

I'm made up with this signing. Very much needed. 

Only plays limited minutes,scores some tries granted but usually from 5 yards out doesn't do many lung busting runs. Looks 3 stone over weight in fact he could be feka paaliasena. I think you've been had.

14 tries from him last year. 

Looking forward to it, be like having Steve McCurrie back in the team.

He won me decent money on First Try Scorer bets a couple of times. Happy days! :danced:

1 hour ago, Dave T said:

Still think we are a bit light around the three-quarters, especially as Russell does suffer some injuries, but we have the makings of a decent 17 there.

I like Russell for his kick returns, finishing and scoots but I feel he’s got a fair few defensive shortcomings and a little suspect under the high ball.   I’m hoping Price or Henderson can coach his negatives out of him.

Lineham can good at times but haven’t really seen him consistently playing well even in 2016.

I feel we need some real pace and attacking talent out on the wings and I’d love for Price to find us a Hicks style winger who has a good all round game without costing us the earth.   I actually don’t think Pomeroy is too bad from the few games he played.   If he’s cheap enough he’d be good cover in the three quarters as he’s a pretty handy centre too.

In the pack, I’m hoping for Cooper and Crosby to seem like new signings and in addition to the new recruits they could lay a decent platform for Brown, Patton and Roberts to work from.

52 minutes ago, Dave T said:

14 tries from him last year. 

Looking forward to it, be like having Steve McCurrie back in the team.

He won me decent money on First Try Scorer bets a couple of times. Happy days! :danced:

I do get the feeling from all the latest developments that the Wolves will simply retake their usual share at the top and the Red Devils will be lucky if they get the million pound chance at all.

And yet there are still those celebrating MK's departure among the A J Bell faithful so more long, hard and depressing times ahead for SRD fans.

At least those who keep saying Salford are not an SL side will be happy so it's an ill wind!;)

2 hours ago, Red Willow said:

The first half of the season he was the stand out player, in the 2nd half the whole team dropped off and Big Ben added a lot of extra weight.  I am sure that will come off in pre season and will be an asset to Wire.

Hope this is the last of the departures from Salford, rumours abound that they all signed long term deals to increase their value when  going to other clubs.

Not yet renewed my season ticket, as I am still waiting to hear what the new structure will mean.

I think it will be a tough year for us Salford fans. But we've been here before many times. If we can get a group of players who want to play and try their best, that'll do for me. If we can stay in Super League, so much the better. The first half of last year was dreamland. Back to reality now.

As the squads stand today, I'd still put Salford's ahead of Widnes, Leigh and Toronto, so there's hope yet. But if the fire sale keeps going and Toronto get the cheque book out after the World Cup, then it'll look more worrying. Hope Salford can stabilise, they've been a great story over the last few seasons.

2 hours ago, Loiner said:

Only plays limited minutes,scores some tries granted but usually from 5 yards out doesn't do many lung busting runs. Looks 3 stone over weight in fact he could be feka paaliasena. I think you've been had.

We will see. Different club and players, different coach and fans too. 

I am confident he will be a bit hit. Literally. 

1 hour ago, johnh1 said:

If we can stay in Super League

1 hour ago, Toby Chopra said:

As the squads stand today, I'd still put Salford's ahead of Widnes, Leigh and Toronto

Optimism has no boundaries before the season begins.

4 hours ago, Dave T said:

That's four decent signings (on the face of it) - the team is looking a bit stronger now.

1 - Ratchford

2 - Lineham

3 - Goodwin

4 - Atkins

5 - Russell

6 - Brown

7 - Roberts

8 - Hill

9 - Clark

10 - Akauola

11 - Hughes

12 - Currie

13 - Murdoch Masila

14 - Smith

15 - Cooper

16 - Crosby

17 - Philbin / King / Westwood

Have you got Goodwin I thought it was Leigh who'd signed him. That's good business if you have starting to look like a formidable team. 

Not looking good tbh for Salford, already lost the 2 Carneys, Dobson and now BMM, would not be a surprise if more were to follow as they see the squad getting weaker,lose the likes of Kopzcak,Sau and Tasi next few months you can put your house on Salford struggling to stay up next year!

52 minutes ago, DG70 said:

Not looking good tbh for Salford, already lost the 2 Carneys, Dobson and now BMM, would not be a surprise if more were to follow as they see the squad getting weaker,lose the likes of Kopzcak,Sau and Tasi next few months you can put your house on Salford struggling to stay up next year!

That's already a given. I will be amazed if we stay up. But the last few years have been fun. Back to the norm now.

• Like 1