Sign in to follow this  
Scubby

What's the plan with Leeds' stadium next season?

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, fieldofclothofgold said:

I have heard that it will be the standing area open first while the rest is still to be completed , but how will the spectators get entry ?because the rest I presume will still be a building site . 

Trial run last week.

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

apparently they have started laying the concrete as preparation for the building of the "temporary " North stand . the South stand looks to be about 75% of seating and terracing and roof complete . I wonder if the temporary north stand has cover ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, fieldofclothofgold said:

apparently they have started laying the concrete as preparation for the building of the "temporary " North stand . the South stand looks to be about 75% of seating and terracing and roof complete . I wonder if the temporary north stand has cover ? 

About 2,000 of the 2,500 seats will be covered. Here's the section with all three stands on again -

image.jpeg.006f479988899eb491f7741fb249b473.jpeg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 23/11/2017 at 10:50 PM, southstand loiner said:

well try and reimagine it my friend as the vast majority of Leeds supporters are from north of the river . I'm certainly not thrilled to been going to south Leeds even for 2 games as its a fair trek at my age . if Leeds had said they were playing a full season there I'm afraid I would not have renewed my season ticket and I know plenty of others that think the same 

There are plenty of Rhinos supporters who live in south Leeds,me being one of them. Getting home from Elland Road will be a bonus for me. Getting home from Headingley on a Friday night is a night mare.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Loiner said:

There are plenty of Rhinos supporters who live in south Leeds,me being one of them. Getting home from Elland Road will be a bonus for me. Getting home from Headingley on a Friday night is a night mare.

Have you thought about supporting your local club instead?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, M j M said:

Have you thought about supporting your local club instead?

We are, after all, a local sport for local people, there's nothing for you here!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The temporary North Stand has finally begun to emerge from the rubble in advance of the first home game on 2nd March. I imagine it will be a fair old organisational and logistical challenge to build the new stand around this structure whilst handing it safely back to Leeds on gamedays.

image.png.e479ab96cda73299fb142226829da215.png

Edited by M j M

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, fieldofclothofgold said:

I wonder if it would have been better moving out for a season ? we'll soon find out 

Given how absolutely awful Elland Road was I think they have definitely made the right decision. I for one would only go to the big games if we were there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, M j M said:

Given how absolutely awful Elland Road was I think they have definitely made the right decision. I for one would only go to the big games if we were there.

I didn't think Elland Road was that bad tbh. Yes I prefer Headingley but there's far worse alternatives.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, fieldofclothofgold said:

I wonder if in the future there is room to join up the new SS with the Carnegie ? that would increase capacity and add to the crowd atmosphere

Would have to remove the floodlight in that corner to do that which I don't think would be cheap as it'll affect what they need to do with the whole stadium lighting. Also the standing/seating ratio is different and the fact carnegie is 2 tiers, apposed to SS being one mixed stand, would make this a logistical nightmare for the relatively low value it adds in filling it in. 

Trying to get some kind of permission to do the Western terrace has to be priority IMO. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hunsletgreenandgold said:

Would have to remove the floodlight in that corner to do that which I don't think would be cheap as it'll affect what they need to do with the whole stadium lighting. Also the standing/seating ratio is different and the fact carnegie is 2 tiers, apposed to SS being one mixed stand, would make this a logistical nightmare for the relatively low value it adds in filling it in. 

Trying to get some kind of permission to do the Western terrace has to be priority IMO. 

The floodlights are coming down anyway once the two stands are finished. There is definitely no scope for the upper tiers to join - both of them have those angled sides because they run right up to the edge of St Michael's Lane (or as close as they are allowed to build). You could probably wrap the lower tiers around but it would only add maybe 500 spaces.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, DoubleD said:

Why will it be worth £250k+?

Probably a fair bit more but I'm not sure how Leeds share the revenues with Yorkshire.

YCCC only own the cricket ground, they don't own the main corporate facilities and Hetherington by all accounts pulled a complete blinder on the split of revenues when he sold the cricket ground. You can sell a corporate space at an Ashes test match for £500+ per person per day and Leeds have space for 890 corporate diners in the pavilion and the new stand. (With another 180 in the Lewis Jones Suite if they want to use that for lunch - not sure if they ever have done for cricket).

Torrential rain permitting you should get three prebooked days so that's £1.3m. What you get out of that after giving YCCC whatever they get less costs of providing and serving food etc I don't know. But the reason the RL capacity of that new stand is small was to create space for another 450 corporates for cricket and 600 for RL, without which I don't think Leeds could make the sums add up.

Edited by M j M
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, fieldofclothofgold said:

I wonder if in the future there is room to join up the new SS with the Carnegie ? that would increase capacity and add to the crowd atmosphere

You could maybe join the terraces. Both stands "fall away" in that corner because of the road

Screenshot 2018-02-14 at 22.01.50.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, fieldofclothofgold said:

did I read it correctly the T20 is awarded to 8 cities ,Leeds being one of them .Does that mean that there are 8 franchises up for tender? or does it automatically go to YCC ? 

The franchise's have been given to The Rose Bowl, Edgbaston, Headingley, The Oval, Lords, Old Trafford, Cardiff and Trent Bridge.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, M j M said:

Probably a fair bit more but I'm not sure how Leeds share the revenues with Yorkshire.

YCCC only own the cricket ground, they don't own the main corporate facilities and Hetherington by all accounts pulled a complete blinder on the split of revenues when he sold the cricket ground. You can sell a corporate space at an Ashes test match for £500+ per person per day and Leeds have space for 890 corporate diners in the pavilion and the new stand. (With another 180 in the Lewis Jones Suite if they want to use that for lunch - not sure if they ever have done for cricket).

Torrential rain permitting you should get three prebooked days so that's £1.3m. What you get out of that after giving YCCC whatever they get less costs of providing and serving food etc I don't know. But the reason the RL capacity of that new stand is small was to create space for another 450 corporates for cricket and 600 for RL, without which I don't think Leeds could make the sums add up.

The deal outlined above will end shortly, not quite sure when, but when it does Yorkshire CCC will then profit from all the catering and hospitality that is provided for the cricket matches.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Moose said:

The deal outlined above will end shortly, not quite sure when, but when it does Yorkshire CCC will then profit from all the catering and hospitality that is provided for the cricket matches.

The extremely preferential deal on catering will end - but Leeds will still make money because they own the facilities, in particular the pavilion.

Edited by M j M

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, M j M said:

The extremely preferential deal on catering will end - but Leeds will still make money because they own the facilities, in particular the pavilion.

The Rhinos may own Headingley Pavillion but that structure will be dwarfed by the new combined main stand.

Yorkshire CCC will own the corporate, catering and hospitality rights in this stand for cricket events.

As well as this facility YCC also can utilise the long room in the East Stand and the Carnegie Pavillion for both corporate and dining and if necessary the dining room above the cricket school.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So for their first home game they will have the temporary North stand, Carnegie stand and Western terrace open?

 

New South Stand seems to be moving fast - do they expect it complete and open mid-season?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


League Express - Online Now

League Express - Every Monday

Rugby League World - Online Now - March 2018

Rugby League World - March 2018 - Out Now



Rugby League Books On Sale Here