roughyed1064

Next seasons league place.

4 hours ago, roughyed1064 said:

Don't know about anyone else here but its not going to be the walk in the park in this league I'm going for mid league finish can not see us gaining promotion right away.

League 1 will be very tough next year . very difficult to predict final places for the top 8 as most sides have made some notable additions to their squad.

I think attendance's will also rise as the competitive nature of the competition shows itself amongst the top sides.

Best league 1 for a long time.

I hope we don't have a runaway leader (unless it's us, ha!) and both promotion places are up for grabs going into the business end of the season.  I think we'll be in with a chance of promotion yet we could as easily finish 6th or 7th as we could do 1st or 2nd.

Looking forward to the twists and turns of what's to come.

Well we're 2 teams down, Gloucester and Oxford, as I understand it , so i wonder what the format will be. Personally I would prefer 2 straight up. No messing about with play offs.  However if there is to be a playoff then we could finish 5th and still get promoted.

22 minutes ago, eclecticsheep said:

What I wonder is in league one are ORLFC going to play every other team home and away(once) or is it a lash up....again?

As far as I know, from a statement by Ralph Rimmer of the RFL, we'll be playing a conventional league, everybody playing everybody else home and away.  That'll make a 26 game league season and no League One Cup because it's been dropped.

I think :)

Who knows how the promotion places will be sorted though and whether there will be some post regular-season competition.

It's only three and a bit months before we start!

6 hours ago, Dave Naylor said:

I hope we don't have a runaway leader (unless it's us, ha!) and both promotion places are up for grabs going into the business end of the season.  I think we'll be in with a chance of promotion yet we could as easily finish 6th or 7th as we could do 1st or 2nd.

Looking forward to the twists and turns of what's to come.

Careful saying things like 'we could finish anywhere between first and seventh'.