Coventry Bears have announced a pre-season friendly against Leeds Rhinos as part of their 20th Season celebrations. 

http://www.coventrybears.com/blog/coventry-bears-to-play-leeds-rhinos-in-january

This is massive news for the club and I hope they get a really big crowd for the game. 

I lined up in Coventry Bears first ever game against Worcester Warriors. Am proud to see how far the club has come since then and what has been achieved. This is this is set to be the biggest season yet and what a way to start it! 

• Like 12

brilliant news.. played against you a few times with South London and always enjoyed it!

You do realise though that the game will never have any interested because anyone from south of Sheffield is genetically incapable of enjoying the game of Rugby League :P 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

As they are now my closest Rugby League team it would be rude not to go to start off 2018. Hopefully Leeds bring down a few big names. Another good move by the Bears.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, RP London said:

brilliant news.. played against you a few times with South London and always enjoyed it!

You do realise though that the game will never have any interested because anyone from south of Sheffield is genetically incapable of enjoying the game of Rugby League :P 

😂 

2 hours ago, OriginalMrC said:

Coventry Bears have announced a pre-season friendly against Leeds Rhinos as part of their 20th Season celebrations. 

http://www.coventrybears.com/blog/coventry-bears-to-play-leeds-rhinos-in-january

This is massive news for the club and I hope they get a really big crowd for the game. 

I lined up in Coventry Bears first ever game against Worcester Warriors. Am proud to see how far the club has come since then and what has been achieved. This is this is set to be the biggest season yet and what a way to start it! 

so did I - come on own up, who are you.....:)

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Kenilworth Tiger said:

so did I - come on own up, who are you.....:)

That would be telling 😉 I'm just a fan now (and you'd be able to guess who I am if you listened to the Bear Necessities podcast 😀) 

I can probably guess you are (assuming you are a Cas fan). 

• Like 1

Still nursing a hangover but had a brilliant night watching Coventry Bears against Leeds Rhinos last night. Was a one sided scoreline but the Bears gave a good account of themselves especially in the first half. Leeds have a bright future based on some of the lads that were playing last night. Their pace and speed at the play of the ball was unreal. 

Nearly 1300 people on a freezing night was a tremendous crowd and shows there's a real appetite in Coventry for RL

Match report here: https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/leeds-rhinos/coventry-bears-14-leeds-rhinos-70-teenage-trio-impress-as-rhinos-cruise-to-victory-1-8969813/amp

And highlights 

There'll be a Bear Necessities podcast covering the game soon too. 

Edited by OriginalMrC
  • Like 3

Harry Newman looks a good prospect and a real talent. Only 17 as well.

42 minutes ago, walter sobchak said:

Harry Newman looks a good prospect and a real talent. Only 17 as well.

Loads of the Leeds players looked fantastic and some of them are massive! Think this may be one of the best crops of youngsters they've had for a while 

Lets hope they get large numbers through the turnstiles,

we really need Coventry and Hemel to succeed,

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, OriginalMrC said:

Loads of the Leeds players looked fantastic and some of them are massive! Think this may be one of the best crops of youngsters they've had for a while 

Scary and bad news for the rest of super league but good news for England and the sport in general.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, owls said:

Lets hope they get large numbers through the turnstiles,

we really need Coventry and Hemel to succeed,

Average gate in last couple of years is 500-600. Games like last night will help spread the word and hopefully lots of people who came for the first time last night will be back for league games. Season ticket sales are up so things looking positive at the moment 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, OriginalMrC said:

Probably why Hetherington and McDermott have never panicked with losing all the experienced players over the last few seasons 

• Like 1