Sign in to follow this  
Jace

3 Scottish players sent home including captain

You can not judge a book by its cover but....

I have never rated Brough and he looks like a likely candidate for what has happened.

I did flag the risk in the opening game thread of having one bloke named after a brewery and another named after a distiller! Now both are out for getting drunk. Talk about nominative determinism. 

1 hour ago, Just Browny said:

I did flag the risk in the opening game thread of having one bloke named after a brewery and another named after a distiller! Now both are out for getting drunk. Talk about nominative determinism. 

maybe the team may have fared better had they all played drunk

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

With the results and standards of play we have witnessed from some nations, the World Cup will slowly deteriorate down to about five countries. To suggest bringing in nations mentioned in other threads, will not improve things IMO.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Scubby said:

Brough clocked off at about 50 minutes in the NZ game. He was like a council worker on Friday afternoon.

When the going gets tough Brough go's awal.

Its been common knowledge for some time that Brough likes the drink, hence him unable to reach the heights he should have done as a player with his talent.

3 hours ago, londonrlfan said:

Nope. I just don't see what replacing Scotland with another country with no domestic products would achieve? Especially one with a population of 10,000. Russia, Serbia, Spain, Jamaica, Canada, South Africa, Philippines would all be better suggestions. 

They do have a domestic league in Cook Islands. Spain or Philippines would ship 100 points to the Cook Islands and Russia or Serbia would ship 50. Canada or Jamaica fair enough 

Edited by bowes

6 hours ago, Scubby said:

Brough clocked off at about 50 minutes in the NZ game. He was like a council worker on Friday afternoon.

Maybe that's when the drink started to kick in? Might've been on the sauce pre game.......the rest of the team looked like they had

On the BBC highlights just now, JJB just said that it was Brough's job to keep the players "tight".

Well, in one sense of the word, he did.

• Like 1

This is very poor and certainly a bad look. I cant help but think though that, to some extent it, shows how some heritage players really don't give a damn about playing for the country and its just a nice jolly at the end of the season.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Damien said:

This is very poor and certainly a bad look. I cant help but think though that, to some extent it, shows how some heritage players really don't give a damn about playing for the country and its just a nice jolly at the end of the season.

I'm not saying there isn't some truth to that but Eloi Pelissier and Hakim Miloudi are born and bred Frenchmen who have been sent home for the same thing.

8 minutes ago, damp squib said:

I'm not saying there isn't some truth to that but Eloi Pelissier and Hakim Miloudi are born and bred Frenchmen who have been sent home for the same thing.

I think they both broke curfew rather than being refused the boarding of a plane by an airline because the were ###### as farts.

5 minutes ago, Scubby said:

I think they both broke curfew rather than being refused the boarding of a plane by an airline because the were ###### as farts.

True. When you read it again it's just such an embarrassment. Professional athletes at a World Cup FFS.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, damp squib said:

True. When you read it again it's just such an embarrassment. Professional athletes at a World Cup FFS.

It was amazing how it all unfolded. Brough tried hard in the first half but everything he did went wrong - including gifting NZ a try with an awful kick. Then at around 50 minutes he seemed to refuse to do kick offs, last play kicks and even decided not to kick the goal when Thomas scored that try. It seems like the evening was just an spill over of that sulk he developed during the game. Whether it was age catching up with him or he was just gutted at the effort of the middle men I don't know. He clocked off and subsequently went and got sozzled. Shame he is such a gifted player.

Edited by Scubby

19 minutes ago, Scubby said:

Miloudi didn't miss because of the curfew 

10 hours ago, Southerner80 said:

Yeah Iť saddens me that the world cup Is so limited in terms of nations. Surely England and Wales is enough for the UK. Scotland places would have been better taken by Russia or Serbia. Irelands place by Canada. 

Ireland isn't in the UK and were by far the strongest European side outside England.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, damp squib said:

Seems the players with the discipline problems,bar one Italian,are all signed to Heartland clubs in England.

Probably insignificant and merely coincidence.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Hvy wg said:

By far, please

In terms of actual performance against potential, yes. The way France have played I don't think they would have got as close to PNG as Ireland did.

It pains me to say this because France is vital to the strength of European RL yet they have under performed repeatedly over a number of years.

19 minutes ago, tim2 said:

In terms of actual performance against potential, yes. The way France have played I don't think they would have got as close to PNG as Ireland did.

It pains me to say this because France is vital to the strength of European RL yet they have under performed repeatedly over a number of years.

Disagree. I think an Ireland - France game would be close. 

• Like 1