Sign in to follow this  
Bearman

Jono Smith

According to League Express he is Craven Park bound.

He was a wrecking ball and was a cult hero at Crusaders. When he went to Rochdale he had to sit out a very long ban before he could debut for them.

It seems a bit odd to me . 

3 hours ago, HP Beans said:

Whenever I have seen him play he’s always been a handful for the opposition,If Cresta does see him as a good fit I’m happy with that.

He's certainly full of beans, probably Heinz though.;)

You've got yourself a good 'un, if he can avoid injury. Very sorry to loose him. He's a great lad, talented and 100%, no question....and certainly up to standard after your promotion. Best wishes to him and yourselves for next season.

Edited by owfener
  • Haha 1

Your gain is our loss. We'll miss Johnno - not just for his play but for his enthusiasm around the club. He never gave less than 100% and gets in opponents faces. Always runs his weight and he doesn't take a backward step with the big guys. If he was a bit taller he'd be playing at a higher level. 

I wish him all the best and thank him for his time at Hornets.

Just now, Michael Ashton said:

What was the long ban for?

I can't remember now. It was when he first came to Hornets and was left over from his time at North Wales. He got a 6 games ban at Hornets for social media abuse.

He's a fiery character on the pitch so he will be missing now and again for suspensions. That's a given with Johnno.

Social media abuse? Nothing to do with rugby then? Fiery character?  Just what we need in the championship then. Has he signed?

Cheers mate. Hope so. Look forward to the report in The Mail. Same as our new Aussie. Not a peep since he's been here.

Hi Dave, yep read it. Don't know if it's a gamble or not but Cresta knows his players. I think his signings show his thoughts on what we need to survive in this league. I agree. I think our backs are more than capable of holding their own. I'm getting more confident by the day and kudos to the board for their support. Still looking forward to the interview with our new Aussie.

• Thanks 1

we desperately need another quality centre IMHO

• Like 1

Hi Dave. In interview I mean actually talking to the guy. Now it's two guys, lol. Maybe a club video again is the answer? I agree about a centre by the way.

Video interview of both players on clubs Facebook page, if I was more tech savvy I'd post the link.lol.

Cheers lifer, just watched them both. Wouldn't have dreamed of going on facebook, i'm useless with that thanks, lol. Thing is. I wonder how many supporters would think of going there? Anyway, the lads seem to be happy here, that's the main thing and the squad is really shaping up now. Can't wait.

On 21/11/2017 at 5:24 PM, TMF said:

Social media abuse? Nothing to do with rugby then? Fiery character?  Just what we need in the championship then. Has he signed?

I think he got himself in trouble for speaking out on something via twitter and once for giving a touchie stick whilst a spectator at a Warrington game who recognised him and reported him 

Cheers bud. He got reported by a touchie whilst a spectator for giving stick? I'd better stay away from the touchline at CP.