Sign in to follow this  
BISSA...

BISSA Social Evening & AGM

Recommended Posts

On the 16th November BISSA will be holding their AGM.  This will be open to ALL BISSA  members starting at 7.15pm in the Ron Earnshaw lounge. For any members attending balance sheets will be available and a complimentary drink will be also available. 

Following the AGM at 8pm there will be a social evening for ALL supporters to attend. Entrance fee will be £5 to include hot food, comprising of choices between Meat and Potato pie and peas, Chicken Curry and rice or a vegetarian option.

On the evening John Miller will be master of the microphone, Matt Diskin will be discussing his thoughts on last season and his plans for next season, there will be a Quiz based around Rugby League kindly set by John Virr,  and Craig Lingard will be attending to talk about The Heritage project. ( Cougars training permitting ),

Also attending will be Tony Hannon,  author of The Underdogs book. Books will be available to purchase on the nIght and can be signed by the author who will also be happy to discuss anything Rugby and particularly his time during his year with the Bulldogs.

There will be items to purchase on the evening with goods supplied by Ravensport from some of last season's products. BISSA would like to thank the supporters club for allowing BISSA to sell these items  , also the Supporters club themselves will have  items for sale on the evening.

So for a great all round evening of Rugby with like minded people, come along and SUPPORT BISSA  and SUPPORT THE CLUB.

Please contact any BISSA committee member or myself direct on 07864878999 to confirm your booking and place your food order for what will be a great evening of all that's Batley Bulldogs. 

Thanks for your support this far.

Colin Bottomley...BISSA .

Edited by BISSA...
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, BISSA... said:

Please note if people are thinking of attending it is important that your food is ordered when booking to help with the catering numbers.

Thank you. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 06/11/2017 at 4:56 PM, BISSA... said:

On the 16th November BISSA will be holding their AGM.  This will be open to ALL BISSA  members starting at 7.15pm in the Ron Earnshaw lounge. For any members attending balance sheets will be available and a complimentary drink will be also available. 

Following the AGM at 8pm there will be a social evening for ALL supporters to attend. Entrance fee will be £5 to include hot food, comprising of choices between Meat and Potato pie and peas, Chicken Curry and rice or a vegetarian option.

On the evening John Miller will be master of the microphone, Matt Diskin will be discussing his thoughts on last season and his plans for next season, there will be a Quiz based around Rugby League kindly set by John Virr,  and Craig Lingard will be attending to talk about The Heritage project. ( Cougars training permitting ),

Also attending will be Tony Hannon,  author of The Underdogs book. Books will be available to purchase on the nIght and can be signed by the author who will also be happy to discuss anything Rugby and particularly his time during his year with the Bulldogs.

There will be items to purchase on the evening with goods supplied by Ravensport from some of last season's products. BISSA would like to thank the supporters club for allowing BISSA to sell these items  , also the Supporters club themselves will have  items for sale on the evening.

So for a great all round evening of Rugby with like minded people, come along and SUPPORT BISSA  and SUPPORT THE CLUB.

Please contact any BISSA committee member or myself direct on 07864878999 to confirm your booking and place your food order for what will be a great evening of all that's Batley Bulldogs. 

Thanks for your support this far.

Colin Bottomley...BISSA .

BUMP

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 06/11/2017 at 4:56 PM, BISSA... said:

On the 16th November BISSA will be holding their AGM.  This will be open to ALL BISSA  members starting at 7.15pm in the Ron Earnshaw lounge. For any members attending balance sheets will be available and a complimentary drink will be also available. 

Following the AGM at 8pm there will be a social evening for ALL supporters to attend. Entrance fee will be £5 to include hot food, comprising of choices between Meat and Potato pie and peas, Chicken Curry and rice or a vegetarian option.

On the evening John Miller will be master of the microphone, Matt Diskin will be discussing his thoughts on last season and his plans for next season, there will be a Quiz based around Rugby League kindly set by John Virr,  and Craig Lingard will be attending to talk about The Heritage project. ( Cougars training permitting ),

Also attending will be Tony Hannon,  author of The Underdogs book. Books will be available to purchase on the nIght and can be signed by the author who will also be happy to discuss anything Rugby and particularly his time during his year with the Bulldogs.

There will be items to purchase on the evening with goods supplied by Ravensport from some of last season's products. BISSA would like to thank the supporters club for allowing BISSA to sell these items  , also the Supporters club themselves will have  items for sale on the evening.

So for a great all round evening of Rugby with like minded people, come along and SUPPORT BISSA  and SUPPORT THE CLUB.

Please contact any BISSA committee member or myself direct on 07864878999 to confirm your booking and place your food order for what will be a great evening of all that's Batley Bulldogs. 

Thanks for your support this far.

Colin Bottomley...BISSA .

BUMP

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was good to hear Matt Diskin's views last night about how he sees the squad developing next year, how he anticipates the new signings slotting into the squad and how much certain players who the club may have been interested in signing are being paid/asking for from other clubs.  Also good to hear from John Humpleby about the work that his unit is doing in the community and with schools and also from John Roe about the work that the Heritage team are undertaking.  All in all are very good evening IMO.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, fredm said:

Was good to hear Matt Diskin's views last night about how he sees the squad developing next year, how he anticipates the new signings slotting into the squad and how much certain players who the club may have been interested in signing are being paid/asking for from other clubs. 

So what's the current going rate for a decent

  • half back
  • winger
  • centre
  • prop
  • hooker
  • 2nd row
  • LF?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't need a winger, Rettie and Campbell quite acceptable with Ainy back up, JC and Ainy also capable of filling in at 1 and Ainy came as a centre. Plenty forwards, brought 2 proos in who are haed worker', plenty 2nd rowers, just need that no.6.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Sir Jekyll Stocking said:

So what's the current going rate for a decent

  • half back
  • winger
  • centre
  • prop
  • hooker
  • 2nd row
  • LF?

From the rumour mill and not based upon factual info:-

Halfbacks - Gareth Moore £20k, Briggs and Thackeray £30k and £35k, Ridyard, Ford and Sammut £50k upwards.

Centres - Ulugia or Walton £30k

Prop - Richard Moore £30k

This might seem like a lot, but I can only see the prices increasing for proven quality players as there is such a shortage of players throughout the game. The ones that are available, are snapped up by SL and then Dr'd out.

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In that case it's going to cost to keep the players  we have signed on now that are out of contract at the end of 2018 ! 

Its a good squad we have this year with some quality players that we could do with keeping 

But let's get this season underway before thinking about  the next 👍👍

Edited by Johndeere

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, phildog said:

Don't need a winger, Rettie and Campbell quite acceptable with Ainy back up, JC and Ainy also capable of filling in at 1 and Ainy came as a centre. Plenty forwards, brought 2 proos in who are haed worker', plenty 2nd rowers, just need that no.6.

 We'e an excellent no 6 in Walker!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't fully agree 'e Walker at 6, you need a 6 who can break and scoot away, Patch won't do that at 30+year's old. Great at 13 for handling and brain yes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Matt said that both Patch and Dom are now in their 30's and even the ordinary normal knocks and bruises in games start to take time to overcome and if either get a longer time injury then someone else needs to come in. This season we have got that covered with Farrell but need to keep looking for half backs for future seasons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, fredm said:

Matt said that both Patch and Dom are now in their 30's and even the ordinary normal knocks and bruises in games start to take time to overcome and if either get a longer time injury then someone else needs to come in. This season we have got that covered with Farrell but need to keep looking for half backs for future seasons.

Plus Hemingway. ....regardless of all our varied opinions he is/was a halfback and a good kicker from hand and place. Matt Diskin also covered this. 

Was a really really good honest appraisal. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



League Express - Every Monday

Rugby League World - Jan 2018

Rugby League Books On Sale Here