Carl Forber

silverfox

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, town4me said:

Its been a good off season so far and maybe thats why he is really  here . Lets just ignore him and carry on the  talk of signings. 

Carry on dreaming you mean.why is when players leave you their ##### but when they sign for you there best in the league? Simple answer will do not garbage.

2 minutes ago, sl1234 said:

Carry on dreaming you mean.why is when players leave you their but when they sign for you there best in the league? Simple answer will do not garbage.

Mate your seeing our signings and your lack of signings and also you picking up our scraps and its hurting. Do yourself a favour and disappear. 

8 minutes ago, town4me said:

Mate your seeing our signings and your lack of signings and also you picking up our scraps and its hurting. Do yourself a favour and disappear. 

You definitely went to guard school sat next to that ex chairman Billy big ###### Harrison.

I am watching so be careful,sL1234 lets cut out  mines better than yours has both grounds are still in the 1950s.It would be nice to hear some good constructive critisism from each and everyone on the forum, and cut out the silly innuendo's.Thankyou.MODERATOR&Trouty too.

MODERATOR:sl1234,You are reaching the point of no return.If you want to remain on the town forum please show some respect to other posters and i am sure you will get the same back i am sure.Thankyou...

1 hour ago, troutmaster said:

MODERATOR:sl1234,You are reaching the point of no return.If you want to remain on the town forum please show some respect to other posters and i am sure you will get the same back i am sure.Thankyou...

Respect is earned troutmaster little has been shown towards haven fans or our club.although I will adhere to your request.

15 hours ago, sl1234 said:

Respect is earned troutmaster little has been shown towards haven fans or our club.although I will adhere to your request.

This is getting to be surreal --- we all know who this loony is despite the pathetic attempts to reinvent himself . This time round he has cunningly added a 4 to the previous 123 and dropped the Townie tag. Straight from the Bourne identity plot!!  

6 hours ago, homeandawayer said:

Ability wise. You're saying that a team including the players on the right are much better than those on the left. Maybe but you're not giving Tee, Brett etc. much credit in that case. Akehurst has played about 4 pro games and might well be better than Rasool...I'd rather have him but time will tell.

Scott Akehurst has a lot of potential but no real Pro game background and will be a work in progress , he needs work on his passing and I'd give Rasool a slight edge over him , Brett is better than any second rower brought in when he plays like he can and Tee is very good on the wing and a first rate full back which Elliot isnt  . I fully agree that like for like is about right in most cases and slightly weaker in others but Leons awaited forwards will probably make the difference .Yep time will tell . 

Yes I'm still lurking and agree with some posts .

9 hours ago, Anonymouse said:

Scott Akehurst has a lot of potential but no real Pro game background and will be a work in progress , he needs work on his passing and I'd give Rasool a slight edge over him , Brett is better than any second rower brought in when he plays like he can and Tee is very good on the wing and a first rate full back which Elliot isnt  . I fully agree that like for like is about right in most cases and slightly weaker in others but Leons awaited forwards will probably make the difference .Yep time will tell . 

Yes I'm still lurking and agree with some posts .

I think a lot of the similar abilities being talked about will be hopefully be compensated by a team spirit and a team that will look like they're enjoying their rugby. 

Haven were probably man for man no better than us but they developed a team spirit and it took them nearly all the way. It's massive in a team sport.1 in all in. 

The BOD have pushed the boat out, ambition clearly shown appointing Leon Pryce and the prop/size issue addressed with Wilkes, Dawson,Ryan on top of the excellent Scholey and impressive Tom Curwen who I think will go from strength to strength this year. 

Really looking forward to seeing Gordon Maudling after a full pre season, hopefully his brother has the same character and these are the only brothers we are talking about next season. 

Utt

12 hours ago, sl1234 said:

We didn't put the ground forward for wc games actually so wasn't that it wasn't good enough.your dump still wasn't fit for international rugby after all that money.but it was too late for rfl  to do owt about it.check the criteria for world cup rugby think you'll find yours isn't up to it either.

I thought a new stadium was proposed and it was then declined??

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cumbria-29440687

1 hour ago, Ginock1 said:

I think a lot of the similar abilities being talked about will be hopefully be compensated by a team spirit and a team that will look like they're enjoying their rugby. 

Haven were probably man for man no better than us but they developed a team spirit and it took them nearly all the way. It's massive in a team sport.1 in all in. 

The BOD have pushed the boat out, ambition clearly shown appointing Leon Pryce and the prop/size issue addressed with Wilkes, Dawson,Ryan on top of the excellent Scholey and impressive Tom Curwen who I think will go from strength to strength this year. 

Really looking forward to seeing Gordon Maudling after a full pre season, hopefully his brother has the same character and these are the only brothers we are talking about next season. 

Utt

good post.

1 hour ago, wonky said:

I think this years squad is considerably better already than last years. Cant agree on rasool who offered very little in a town shirt 

rasool seemed invisible because he is a non fuss type of player , he has a good deal of warrington professionalism to draw on and he quietly gets on with the job , nothing boisterous or much flash or flare but a very steady work horse and did little wrong in his games for town , I think he will come on in leaps and bounds when he settles in his new club Oldham .

MODERATOR:sl1234 has been removed from the forum,I hope that our members would appreciate that it takes two to tango, and if we  come into another confrontation with anyone that I consider to be (trolling)can our members not please bite back, just message me and I will deal with it.Thankyou,Ifor one am looking forward to next season  with Leon in control.......

1 hour ago, troutmaster said:

MODERATOR:sl1234 has been removed from the forum,I hope that our members would appreciate that it takes two to tango, and if we  come into another confrontation with anyone that I consider to be (trolling)can our members not please bite back, just message me and I will deal with it.Thankyou,Ifor one am looking forward to next season  with Leon in control.......

Well done trouty, you are right it does take 2 to tango but i and most on here wouldn't choose to tango on havens dance floor. :tongue:

3 minutes ago, unicorn106 said:

Well done trouty, you are right it does take 2 to tango but i and most on here wouldn't choose to tango on havens dance floor. :tongue:

dont know what it,s like in worky now long time since rumours days but if you tango on any of havens dance floors your likely to have your feet stuck to the floor

1 minute ago, donald said:

dont know what it,s like in worky now long time since rumours days but if you tango on any of havens dance floors your likely to have your feet stuck to the floor

You’ll be getting plenty of funny looks to Donald !

Have to admit, A few years ago I went to every haven home matches for nearly 5 years  when town were away. I purely went to watch rugby not to support haven,I used to stand with old father Todd beside the steps leading up to the lounge.I witnessed the most embarrassing moment in rugby league when haven were losing, and the fans in the kells end were having a real go at the players,the one that was getting the backlash was lofthouse and what they were calling him and the rest of the players was something awful, and i have never heard anything like that before.I do not mind visiting the haven to watch a game, and I  have to admit the present haven supporters are a lot more passionate about the game and their players,I used to stand with Eppie Gibson,sol roper, and a few other ex players who knew I was a town fan, and if town were losing at half time I used to get some stick from them,but it was all in good faith.I am one of only a few that thinks that town&haven  need to shack up together, but,not in the time I have left will it happen has, the haven fans and townies still hate the thought of Amalgation but, we still both struggle to get fans into the grounds,but enough of reminiscing the good old days, I hope both teams achieve promotion this year but has long has town come first......

3 hours ago, troutmaster said:

Have to admit, A few years ago I went to every haven home matches for nearly 5 years  when town were away. I purely went to watch rugby not to support haven,I used to stand with old father Todd beside the steps leading up to the lounge.I witnessed the most embarrassing moment in rugby league when haven were losing, and the fans in the kells end were having a real go at the players,the one that was getting the backlash was lofthouse and what they were calling him and the rest of the players was something awful, and i have never heard anything like that before.I do not mind visiting the haven to watch a game, and I  have to admit the present haven supporters are a lot more passionate about the game and their players,I used to stand with Eppie Gibson,sol roper, and a few other ex players who knew I was a town fan, and if town were losing at half time I used to get some stick from them,but it was all in good faith.I am one of only a few that thinks that town&haven  need to shack up together, but,not in the time I have left will it happen has, the haven fans and townies still hate the thought of Amalgation but, we still both struggle to get fans into the grounds,but enough of reminiscing the good old days, I hope both teams achieve promotion this year but has long has town come first......

More passionate ? more like they hate us more than we hate them for reasons we all know. hang your head in shame trouty ;)

Archived