I Am Happy....

RayCee

I am happy...

that the 2017 RLWC is on.

that there are 14 nations that have come to celebrate the WC.

that there will be 16 nations in 2021 to join the celebration.

that like some other sports, RL allows heritage players so we can have more quality at the international level.

that Eric Perez discovered RL and did something about it, so RL has a new pro-team and huge potential for expansion.

that RL is innovative and proactive so granted the WC to NA in 2025.

that women are also playing the game in rapidly expanding numbers.

that RL is played in more nations than ever.

Well there are a few to start. I posted this to elicit positive comments. if you can add some more, please do. 

My blog: https://rugbyl.blogspot.co.nz/

It takes wisdom to know when a discussion has run its course.

It takes reasonableness to end that discussion. 

Just now, RayCee said:

I am happy...

that like some other sports, RL allows heritage players so we can have more quality at the international level.

that Eric Perez discovered RL and did something about it, so RL has a new pro-team and huge potential for expansion.

Well there are a few to start. I posted this to elicit positive comments. if you can add some more, please do. 

Weirdo! ;) 

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

4 minutes ago, RayCee said:

I am happy...

Ray, I like your style. However, I also note it is 11pm (and there is a danger you may have broken into the home brew). :tongue:

8 minutes ago, Scubby said:

Ray, I like your style. However, I also note it is 11pm (and there is a danger you may have broken into the home brew). :tongue:

You do realise I live in NZ. Even for my arms, that's a stretch.

4 minutes ago, Scubby said:

Ha ha just seen. ###### off with your jolliness it's dark and cold here!

A clear blue sky here, 23 degrees and barely a whisper of wind. No wonder I'm happy. ;)

34 minutes ago, RayCee said:

I am happy...

Highly controversial, but spot on!

15 minutes ago, RayCee said:

A clear blue sky here, 23 degrees and barely a whisper of wind. No wonder I'm happy. ;)

Snow storm coming here in Quebec, no RLWC on Canadian TV, Craig Hall, the Leader of the Pack, now he's gone.

But yeah, I'm happy too, 2018 will be a great year for RL in Canada and around the world.

16 minutes ago, RayCee said:

[traditional rugby league fan mode]Too blue, too warm, not windy enough, I blame Nigel Wood[/traditional rugby league fan mode]

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

46 minutes ago, frank said:

Couldn't agree more Ray.Good to see some positive thinking ,I'm really looking forward to the coming season in the UK.mainly in the Championship.

Agreed the Championship is going to be way more interesting than the SL.

1 hour ago, frank said:

Couldn't agree more Ray.Good to see some positive thinking ,I'm really looking forward to the coming season in the UK.mainly in the Championship.

I agree about the Championship. SL has for years taken the limelight at the expense of other divisions. However, the Championship is now getting more attention. Sponsors for teams in the Championship will be getting greater value for money with what has to be a higher profile of that division. They should be happy too. 

1 hour ago, manu266 said:

Snow storm coming here in Quebec, no RLWC on Canadian TV, Craig Hall, the Leader of the Pack, now he's gone.

But yeah, I'm happy too, 2018 will be a great year for RL in Canada and around the world.

Good excuse to get the central heating on (or log fire), get a warm drink and think about the 2018 season. 

I must say that I was taken by surprise by Craig Hall's departure. 

1 hour ago, manu266 said:

Hells yeah it will be! We will sell out the Den and become top 5 for average attendance, become one of the most financially viable club in the RFL while playing in the Championship, kick ass left, right and maybe even centre although losses are expected and most importantly we will bring some away fans....mind blown!!!! 

19 hours ago, Bearman said:

That's the most unlikely thread title I have ever come across on anything RL related.

I also noticed those who commented on their looking forward to next season were mainly non UK based members. Would it be fair to say that in the UK, being positive is not something people express? Perhaps seeing the upside sounds naive while being negative is seen as realistic. 

I call the UK the 80/20 country. When someone changes something, 80% of the people are against it. Return to the former way and there is still 80% against it or at least it feels that way. The current P/R system in the UK has good and not so good points. Licencing likewise. Either system gets loads of complaints, like 80% are against either way. Same with heritage players in the WC. I can see good and not so good with it. Very few things are a win-win. 

One amazing thing is that RL exists at all. Often breakaway movements fall over within a short period of time but over 120 years later, its still here. That despite not much done to expand it in times past. It is growing. More could be done. Overall, I'm happy. 

Just now, Charlie RL said:

Looking forward to the big match NZ v Tonga this weekend. 

Me too. It will have everything. Some games you just know are going to deliver. It also decides who wins the group so plenty riding on that as well.

Archived