Malcolm Alker on trial for KFC robbery

1 hour ago, The Daddy said:

Oh dear.....those KFC adverts in the world cup may have had more of an impact than originally thought.:search:

http://www.wigantoday.net/news/crime/former-rl-star-on-trial-over-kfc-robbery-1-8846919

On another note what the hell happened to Malcolm Alker? 

So sad to see this.

Did he know he could have got Large Chips and Gravy for $A2.50?

Fowl business. His hopes of getting off are on a wing and a prayer now. 

SQL Honours

Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009

CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

1 minute ago, Johnoco said:

I see the usual weak puns are out in force. Personally I don't think there's a colonel of truth in this story, if he was gonna do a robbery surely he wouldn't do it for chicken feed? 

Which reminds me, didn't the drummer from the Housemartins (or was it The Charlatans) get done for a similar crime? 

The drummer for the Housemartins was assaulting people with an axe about five years after the group split so I imagine he's been in the 'chicken and a fishing rod' stage for a while.

I have no puns. I have let everyone down.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

9 minutes ago, Johnoco said:

I see the usual weak puns are out in force. Personally I don't think there's a colonel of truth in this story, if he was gonna do a robbery surely he wouldn't do it for chicken feed? 

Which reminds me, didn't the drummer from the Housemartins (or was it The Charlatans) get done for a similar crime? 

The drummer from the Charlatans was a getaway driver for a bank job.

It takes real balls to pull off this kind of crime. It's no use chickening out.

16 minutes ago, chisholm said:

Live locally and i can tell you he has some serious issues, a likeable lad who really needs help. Does Rugby League not have support for ex players ?

Not a laughing matter for Malc or his family ? Or the wider Rugby League family for that matter.

Whilst the puns are all fun, this is the best post on the thread.

Of course, if he's commited the crime, he needs to pay the penalty, but I really don't think we support our ex-players well enough.

And just whilst he's the topic of conversation - have we ever seen a more efficient tackling machine. He was unbelievable and I'm surprised he didn't ever play at a higher level (unless those issues you mention were already festering).

People called Romans they go the house

Whoever hatched this plan deserves caging. I hope that no battery was involved in this crime. If there is, the perpetrators should be caged and cooped up. Sports people shouldn't think thy can just wing it after retirement; these things come home to roost if they don't have cooping mechanisms.

1 hour ago, Scubby said:

So sad to see this.

Did he know he could have got Large Chips and Gravy for $A2.50?

This offer is not everywhere and not forever.

Talent is secondary to whether players are confident.

Archived