There are a few issues I wanted to address, those being:

The oversight of the rest of RL for most of the year by Sky Sports in its Super League coverage.

The British Super League commentary which has been on a downward spiral for years, not calling the game like in the NRL, but instead focussing on controversial decisions.

The fact that as a game we see ourselves as a family, yet our leagues both Northern Hemisphere and Southern Hemisphere are generally covered as seperate entities, when many RL fans would be interested in the whole game.

Having previously been involved in the Super League commentary team for London' Broncos a few years ago now, and getting great reviews from Martyn Sadler for example, it's something I've wanted to get back into.

So I've started @MONSTA_RL as a twitter account that posts new signings for Super League, Championship, League 1 and NRL clubs as they happen, as well as roughly two bulk uploads of newspaper articles per day on rugby league.

It will also post the commentary links for our alternative live Super League commentary next season, should we get it up and running.

I've tried to create a monster to combat the media coverage other sports get, whilst initiating some things I would like to use. So far I'm finding myself checking it morning, lunchtime and evening which is a good sign.

It would be great to have you as followers, and to get any feedback you have as it goes along.

http://www.twitter.com/MONSTA_RL

Edited by BenGilesRL

Followed. Best of luck, but remember that it isn't the idea that'll count, but the consistent and long-term follow-on.

You have to keep delivering the goods again and again for weeks, months, years. So stick at it!

Plenty of people have a bright idea, pursue it with the best intentions and loads of enthusiasm... then it all tails off after a new months.

• Like 1

Best of luck with @MONSTA_RLBen

• Like 1

Tighten your filters, Ben! You just Tweeted a link to a RU story.

19 hours ago, Futtocks said:

Tighten your filters, Ben! You just Tweeted a link to a RU story.

It's a work in progress, and the odd one gets through for example if they have played rugby league before and it's referenced.I've just added some more!