Whitworth Yed

2018 Fixtures

Does anyone know when the fixtures will be announced, Super League and Championship are out so what is the wait?

Knowing the RFL it could be any of the following:

1) The person who deals with it has gone on holiday and forgot to send the email before leaving. 

2) The work experience  kid has been asked to do it and is struggling.

3) The RFL will hope more traditional clubs will fold and will sort out the minimal  fixtures in the new year.

4) The RFL have forgotten that they have to sort out the League 1 fixtures and not leave it to the clubs to do it themselves.

• Like 1

I'm thinking we'll get some news this week, the 16th (Wednesday) is a proposed release date.

I spent some time over the weekend getting things ready to display the new fixtures on the club website.   I'll update the Stanza iCal feed at the same time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Fixtures out tomorrow (Wednesday) at noon.   I'll post stuff here and elsewhere so that you can feast your eyes.  I have some work to do before then. :)

37 minutes ago, Dave Naylor said:

Well I've had a busy 12 hours!

So you had prior knowledge, sneeky :)

Good effort though, can you get involved with the shirt manufacture also?  Might have it out in time for Christmas if you do :)

Edited by Whitworth Yed
  • Like 1

You have a lot of travelling this season lads, unfortunate to have first and last game away with a lot of miles to travel for both. Good luck for the season and fingers crossed you get back up where you belong.

Great job that Dave, you know you could make a living doing this LOL.

Kind Regards

The Baron. AKA. the manager, the coach, Director Crockers Dad, Fred Kershaw, Oldham Director and Stan.

Edited by The Baron Mk11
Additional Info.
  • Like 2

Only the 13 home games now then ..............   and with all that travelling to away games, its going to be a very tight season both financially and on the pitch

We had 16 home games last season.  Law Cup, 11 Championship, 3 Shield and 1 Challenge Cup. 

2018 should see 13 League One games, at least 1 friendly and maybe 2 Challenge Cup if the draw works out.  If we finish in the top places, we could get a play-off game too?