Sign in to follow this  
Hvy wg

Bergal (Leigh) redefining rock and diamonds

His WC stats :

3 games, 51 runs, 419 meters. So far world class. 

16 tackles, 7 missed. Hoopsie. 

It doesn't help that his centre, Ader, boast the higher missed tackle count (56 made, 11 missed) 

I was impressed by Bergal, he's only young and possesses all of the attributes of a modern winger, no doubt he'll improve playing in the Championship regularly. I thought Ader was poor all tournament, a big body in the centres, but not good enough for internationals. Y'all really missed Duport/Gigot/Miloudi in the backline

• Like 1

I think Bergal has heaps of potential and I am optimistic that he can develop into a good quality winger given he age and lack of experience.

He does need to fill out and strengthen, hopefully this will come naturally as he matures.

As i said on another site, I observed him stood wide out 'grazing' on the touchline not getting involved to much in helping out at half back running the ball back as modern wingers do and so much less than his team mate on the other wing, perhaps Swinton fans can enlighten us how he went with them. 

Edited by Harry Stottle

2 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

As i said on another site, I observed him stood wide out 'grazing' on the touchline not getting involved to much in helping out at half back running the ball back as modern wingers do and so much less than his team mate on the other wing, perhaps Swinton fans can enlighten us how he went with them. 

He's the one with the most runs in the NT. I wouldn't question his workrate but sometimes his positioning isn't great and he's not a good tackler. 

However, he's tall, quick and gets plenty of meters. It's a shame we didn't keep him because he has SL written all over him. 

2 minutes ago, Hvy wg said:

He's the one with the most runs in the NT. I wouldn't question his workrate but sometimes his positioning isn't great and he's not a good tackler. 

However, he's tall, quick and gets plenty of meters. It's a shame we didn't keep him because he has SL written all over him. 

Be interesting to see how he goes next season at Leigh who incidently are well covered in the backs this season, I should imagine competition for places on the wing will be pretty fierce, an indifferent performance could see one replaced very quickly.

23 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Be interesting to see how he goes next season at Leigh who incidently are well covered in the backs this season, I should imagine competition for places on the wing will be pretty fierce, an indifferent performance could see one replaced very quickly.

Rhys Evans (really a centre) and Matty Dawson are both bang average. Too often players like this prevent kids with really potential coming through and developing. Bergal, whilst not the complete article, has proven himself against 2 x sides cluttered with the best players in the world. He'd be an immediate first choice in my opinion.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

You want your winger to stand on the touchline if he isn't carrying the ball to set the width for the attack, providing he makes his carries which he clearly does. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Lowdesert said:

Was this the guy who got Batemans hand on his face and went down like sack of spuds, needed physio attention.

Copped a finger in the eye didn't he?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

You 'observed' wrong then didn't you.

16 hours ago, UniSamX said:

Copped a finger in the eye didn't he?

Soon cleared with a splash of water.  Marvellous stuff that.  Maybe one day someone will invent a special sponge to go with it.

2 hours ago, Lowdesert said:

Soon cleared with a splash of water.  Marvellous stuff that.  Maybe one day someone will invent a special sponge to go with it.

What's your problem? It's not like he went running to the ref complaining, he went down, got some treatment and then carried on. 

• Like 1