Sign in to follow this  
slowdive

Barthau signs for Toulouse finally

Great signing for them but the squad still looks weaker than a few weeks ago with them losing Nzoungou, missing out on Maria and Perez and Jouffret apparently staying with Catalans.

55 minutes ago, Evil Homer said:

Great signing for them but the squad still looks weaker than a few weeks ago with them losing Nzoungou, missing out on Maria and Perez and Jouffret apparently staying with Catalans.

The halves look as strong as anything else in the Championship.  Where do you think they need to strengthen the most?

12 minutes ago, slowdive said:

The halves look as strong as anything else in the Championship.  Where do you think they need to strengthen the most?

Need more depth at prop, second row and centre, the first choice players they have are strong but there's not much behind that. Maria and Perez would've helped a lot.

The times I saw them last year Canet-Boyer pretty decent up-front and with with Rapira coming from Huddersfield and the emerging Sangare should improve them. Barthau captain at London has matured and should work well alongside Robin-Ford. Their 5 representatives at the WC too should return better for the experience. TO are a developing team still youthful but been together for a while now - can only see them getting better. Fingers crossed.

The develoment at Stade Minimes taking some time getting off the ground. Planning seemed to have been agreed and notices appeared at the stadium but now this new sign indicates its on the move still. I think 2019 was their expectation of moving back to the city centre location.

DOS6ZpvW0AUT6-I.jpg large.jpeg

11 minutes ago, audois said:

The times I saw them last year Canet-Boyer pretty decent up-front and with with Rapira coming from Huddersfield and the emerging Sangare should improve them. Barthau captain at London has matured and should work well alongside Robin-Ford. Their 5 representatives at the WC too should return better for the experience. TO are a developing team still youthful but been together for a while now - can only see them getting better. Fingers crossed.

The develoment at Stade Minimes taking some time getting off the ground. Planning seemed to have been agreed and notices appeared at the stadium but now this new sign indicates its on the move still. I think 2019 was their expectation of moving back to the city centre location.

They'll need a bit more beef in the pack to make the top 4 and be competitive in the 8s. I thought Canet and Boyer ran out of steam towards the end of the season. 

The stadium development is just one long tedious never-ending story. What's the delay this time? What a joke. 

1 hour ago, audois said:

It looks quite a modest development. Capacity cannot be that high?

8 minutes ago, Scubby said:

I'm actually struggling to notice any difference to the current stadium apart from what looks to be a slightly expanded main stand (right hand touchline). The logical space for any expansion would be at the car park end as the current grass verges take up a decent amount of room plus the space behind where the car park is at the moment, but the image doesn't seem to suggest any development at that end.

3 hours ago, Scubby said:

Nope, about 4,000. If they make SL they're either going to have to knock it down and rebuild it again or play somewhere else. Absolute idiocy by the local council.

4 hours ago, The Daddy said:

They'll need a bit more beef in the pack to make the top 4

I'm not sure they are the only ones struggling for "beef in the pack" and with Canet, Boyer and Rapira they'll be better placed than some of their top 4 rivals. Leigh and Toronto are obviously in a different league to the other teams in terms of financial firepower but most of the other likely contenders have struggled to attract quality "beef"...London's biggest weakness last year was that aside of Ioane they lacked firepower in the pack and they don't seem to have recruited much, Fax have lost Cahalane since last season, Fev have lost Bostock, and even some fairly ordinary props have been heading towards SL clubs rather than Championship teams.

17 hours ago, Scubby said:

it should have been a development at the beginning. now with the several delays (and Project Changes) it is more like a renovation.... and i will Believe it when it will be done.

IF we make it to SL and that the club manage to propose to the English fans a "descent french experience/week end" (so that lot of you guys follow their teams), maybe we can negotiate to play in the Stadium after several years in SL, since i doubt that the Toulouse soccer team alone makes it profitable. it if a very big "IF"...

18 minutes ago, Fabou said:

it should have been a development at the beginning. now with the several delays (and Project Changes) it is more like a renovation.... and i will Believe it when it will be done.

IF we make it to SL and that the club manage to propose to the English fans a "descent french experience/week end" (so that lot of you guys follow their teams), maybe we can negotiate to play in the Stadium after several years in SL, since i doubt that the Toulouse soccer team alone makes it profitable. it if a very big "IF"...

I for the life of me cant under stand. Why they don t go to colombiers which holds 11k or i believe they have working relationship with rugby side at ernest wallon. 

8 minutes ago, winnyason said:

I for the life of me cant under stand. Why they don t go to colombiers which holds 11k or i believe they have working relationship with rugby side at ernest wallon. 

Colomiers like Toulouse are Union cities. there is room for a League team in Toulouse, not in Colomiers. TO needs a home. not a shared ground (at least, not shared with union.). if they plan to write history like catalans did/are, they need to be independant.

when you go see Toulouse (facing your English team) on their current ground (blagnac union ground) and that you buy a beer: this Money goes to Blagnac union. Do you see the problem?

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Fabou said:

Colomiers like Toulouse are Union cities. there is room for a League team in Toulouse, not in Colomiers. TO needs a home. not a shared ground (at least, not shared with union.). if they plan to write history like catalans did/are, they need to be independant.

when you go see Toulouse (facing your English team) on their current ground (blagnac union ground) and that you buy a beer: this Money goes to Blagnac union. Do you see the problem?

You kidding wow. What capacity going to at new refurb 7k ?

2 hours ago, winnyason said:

You kidding wow. What capacity going to at new refurb 7k ?

I do not know exactly. Evil Homer said about 4k, it is probably closed to the reality. but if Toulouse makes it to SL, the Town will have to act Quick to expand (or there is still the Stadium possibility, 35K capacity).

anyway, the big crowds from SL clubs will be our saviours (according to me). it was magical when the Hull KR fans came!

For Toulouse, it means : get to the SL and stay there!! lets Dream!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Fabou said:

I do not know exactly. Evil Homer said about 4k, it is probably closed to the reality. but if Toulouse makes it to SL, the Town will have to act Quick to expand (or there is still the Stadium possibility, 35K capacity).

anyway, the big crowds from SL clubs will be our saviours (according to me). it was magical when the Hull KR fans came!

For Toulouse, it means : get to the SL and stay there!! lets Dream!

They cant use there current ground for superleague. We all know how fun ground share was at catlans at aime giral. Deadset albi, avignon even asc have a better ground

20 hours ago, winnyason said:

They cant use there current ground for superleague. We all know how fun ground share was at catlans at aime giral. Deadset albi, avignon even asc have a better ground

I suggest we have this conversation when Toulouse get the promotion to SL. Before that, it sounds a bit premature !!