Sports Prophet

Interesting Piece on Oz Sport Forum About One of our TotalRL Members

Hang in there...never give up...never quit.

Fight that good fight...all the best!

• Like 4

Sounds like a decent man,  While we'd probably disagree on many things ;) I whole heartedly wish him all the best. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

To try to establish RL in Germany is impressive enough, but to try to do it with a vicious form of cancer attacking you is truly remarkable. Outstanding.

Thank you everybody and thanks to Robert who wrote the article. My main hope is that is raises awareness about Myeloma Cancer. The other thing is that people with an incurable Cancer, are able to live a relatively normal life. Yes how you do things changes as does your thinking etc. But also you can adapt and still do things to a certain extent. Life is not over when you are diagnosed. Whether you have a couple of months or a few years to live its important to live it to the full. Matt Callender the Rugby League personality who sdadly died recently from Brain Cancer was an inspiration. He did his best to promote the disease and gave his family a positive time during the last few months.

At the moment the Chemo and Stem Cell has worked and I am in Remission and things looking good. But how long that will stay for nobody knows. None of us knows what will happen tomorrow or next week etc. I try and remain hopefuly that I have a few years yet. Many on here have various problems with health and I am not anything special. But I think its important for me to help others to be aware of a Cancer many know little about and I thank Robert for coming to me and asking if he could do an article. He is also respeonsible to a large degree for the games development in South America.

• Like 29
  • Thanks 3

mate you're an inspiration & I really wish you all the best. Im a similar age & have got terminal cancer & a young family & know full well some of what you are dealing with mentally (obviously I know everyones fight is unique ). Anyway I just want you to know I take heart & inspiration from lads like you who take it on swinging & here's hoping you keep ploughing on pal

• Like 10

12 minutes ago, Rascal Bongo Stork said:

mate you're an inspiration & I really wish you all the best. Im a similar age & have got terminal cancer & a young family & know full well some of what you are dealing with mentally (obviously I know everyones fight is unique ). Anyway I just want you to know I take heart & inspiration from lads like you who take it on swinging & here's hoping you keep ploughing on pal

I am so sorry to hear about your cancer especially with a young family. I dont know what to say. I said many on here have issues that we dont know about.The mental aspect is for me the hardest bit. Sometimes you just so angry you blast at anybody. I ashamedly have done this on here at times and other times you are very emotional etc. For me the Cancer is not a real problem as such, but still I never know if that will change tomorrow. I just try and get as much time with my family and on camera as possible. If you ever feel the need to chat just send me a message. I probably cant do much but sometimes just talking with another Cancer patient helps.

• Like 1

Not much but all the best to Simon & Rascal. Really hope you are the best you can be...which sounds pathetic really but anyway, all the very best guys. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Rascal Bongo Stork said:

When I read or hear things like this it really sinks into me how life is anything but fair, I can't possibly imagine what your going through but my thoughts are with you and your family.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Vichyssoise said:

Lounge Room Lizard, Rascal Bongo Stork, all the best to you guys. I can't even begin to imagine what you and your families are going through.

This

• Like 1

To both of you I wish you amazing, happy times with your family.  

And, no doubt both of you will want us posters to continue to give our honest responses to your contributions in spite of your personal circumstances.  So keep on posting!

• Like 3