moorside roughyed

First game-Whitehaven away.

Recommended Posts

Looking forward to this one,haven't been to the rec in years.It should provide a good stern Cumbrian test for our new look side.Roll on the start of the season, I've been bored out of my mind.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had a quick scan through the fixtures and my 1st thought was what a dreadful league this is. There's about half a dozen games I'd consider as mildly exciting, the rest will be an effort to watch. Anyone who thinks were gonna get crowds of over 400 for these games (excl Bradford) needs their bumps feeling 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't wait for the season to start again. Unfortunately i'm going to miss a lot of the longer distance away game because of work and getting there in time for kick off but really looking forward to those i can get too. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, thecrab said:

Had a quick scan through the fixtures and my 1st thought was what a dreadful league this is. There's about half a dozen games I'd consider as mildly exciting, the rest will be an effort to watch. Anyone who thinks were gonna get crowds of over 400 for these games (excl Bradford) needs their bumps feeling 

¡Get real mate, top eight in this league will be very competitive and that includes you.

Just chill and enjoy the season ahead.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is going to be a very tough league I think, I'm really pleased with the squad it should be very competitive once we add some more backs. The pack is looking good though. 

Half a dozen teams that won't be far off come the end of the season 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 16 November 2017 at 12:04 PM, thecrab said:

Had a quick scan through the fixtures and my 1st thought was what a dreadful league this is. There's about half a dozen games I'd consider as mildly exciting, the rest will be an effort to watch. Anyone who thinks were gonna get crowds of over 400 for these games (excl Bradford) needs their bumps feeling 

Best get used to it and pray the scholars and Coventry don't continue to improve at the same rate as the last few years . You could end not making the top eight 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, wonderofwood said:

Best get used to it and pray the scholars and Coventry don't continue to improve at the same rate as the last few years . You could end not making the top eight 

Top 8 is now obsolete , the new bench mark has been heightened to the top 5 . Anything lower will be also ran's .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There may be a couple of teams that struggle but on the whole it sounds like it will be a really competitive league. For those that are not happy with the travelling - no problem. Just make sure you turn up at the Vestacare Stadium and bring a friend. There should be some great games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The season hasn't started and the doom merchants have woken up already.

Looking at the squad being assembled and the determination of Scott and the players who have stayed I can't see any reason why we won't be challenging for promotion.

Do us all a favour - "Doomsters go and support the hairnets that's where the doom will be!"

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, jroyales said:

The season hasn't started and the doom merchants have woken up already.

Looking at the squad being assembled and the determination of Scott and the players who have stayed I can't see any reason why we won't be challenging for promotion.

Do us all a favour - "Doomsters go and support the hairnets that's where the doom will be!"

Oh no it won't,  ask not for whom the bell toll's, it toll's for thee.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm looking forward to seeing both the Championship and League 1 seasons unfold.  Our aim will be to bounce straight back and if we manage to pull it off, seeing how Hornets and Swinton get on will be an indicator of what to expect should we manage to return for 2019.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Anonymouse said:

Top 8 is now obsolete , the new bench mark has been heightened to the top 5 . Anything lower will be also ran's .

I'm aware of the new structure . I'm also aware that Oldham could find 7 teams as competitive as them this year hence my comments

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Should be interesting, we've signed a few new ones this term.This alone is making 2018 one to look forward to. I personally think it'll be a damn sight harder in league one than it was when we got our promotion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.