Ticket sales looking very ropey for QFs

Scubby

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Allora said:

I know.

I would look forward to it mate, we could tee up some other Brissy members and chip in for Rabbits to come up from Western NSW to tell us about memberships and the Storm. :D

Have you decided on who'll you be supporting next season Allora? I spoke to a couple of 10 year olds who are ditching Cronulla(there not cool again) & will be following the Storm in 2018 because there the best,  maybe you'll do the same eh?

1 hour ago, RabbitRhinoovOZ said:

Have you decided on who'll you be supporting next season Allora? I spoke to a couple of 10 year olds who are ditching Cronulla(there not cool again) & will be following the Storm in 2018 because there the best,  maybe you'll do the same eh?

Since you persist with this Rabbits I will answer you.

I have followed Parramatta all of my life and still do from a distance. I played in the Blacktown district as a Junior.

I moved to Queensland quite a long time ago and seeing as the opportunity to watch Parramatta was limited I adopted a local team.

I still go to the Parramatta game up here most years.

I also like watching a couple of other NRL teams as I am a follower of the game in general rather than a one eyed rabid one Club man.

I hope this clears things up for you. 

Talent is secondary to whether players are confident.

8 minutes ago, Allora said:

Since you persist with this Rabbits I will answer you.

I have followed Parramatta all of my life and still do from a distance. I played in the Blacktown district as a Junior.

I moved to Queensland quite a long time ago and seeing as the opportunity to watch Parramatta was limited I adopted a local team.

I still go to the Parramatta game up here most years.

I also like watching a couple of other NRL teams as I am a follower of the game in general rather than a one eyed rabid one Club man.

I hope this clears things up for you. 

Never understood swapping teams myself but each to there own, So you do live in Allora QLD home of old man bennett as I've suspected for some time ;).

15 minutes ago, RabbitRhinoovOZ said:

Never understood swapping teams myself but each to there own, So you do live in Allora QLD home of old man bennett as I've suspected for some time ;).

I live in Queensland.

I have not swapped teams, I still follow Parramatta but I have adopted a Queensland team.

I like several teams, neutral to many and really dislike a couple of teams.

5 hours ago, Sports Prophet said:

... considering the tournament organisers are in possession of a crystal ball and already knew that NZ would finish runners up in their group and happy for NZ to host the Kangaroos in the semi's.

it's a World Cup semi final, the participants don't matter. we scheduled ours at Wembley without knowing who would be there. just about everything in this tournament has been thinking small time, so we continue get what we deserve (ie. ambition rewarded by huge success in 2013, negativity rewarded by a feeble backwards step in 2017)

2 hours ago, Allora said:

I live in Queensland.

I have not swapped teams, I still follow Parramatta but I have adopted a Queensland team.

I like several teams, neutral to many and really dislike a couple of teams.

Quote from Allora.... 

My Team is the Cowboys, we have done this again and again.

I could not care less how many Yuppies buy memberships like Andrew Denton.

You do not go to any games since your team turned to ######.

You think being a member is good enough and you have paid your dues.

Its not South Sydney Rabbitohs fault that their fans do not show up when they are losing year after year or their fans live in a humpy in the Bush miles from anywhere.

Edited 11 hours ago by Allora  

Hmm so you follow Parramatta today but 2-3 weeks ago you where telling me  "My Team is the Cowboys, we have done this again and again."  So in other words you follow who ever is doing well at any given time except the Rabbitohs! I finally think I've got you worked out.

Bit of an odd little obsession you've got here, Rabbitoh. Also, not too sure what this spat has to do with quarter-final ticket sales...

But since we're totally off topic, I'll join in. Of course it's possible to go for more than one team. In order of preference, I go for: Brisbane, NQ, Melbourne, Canberra (all places I've lived) and in SL, Wigan and Les Catalans. At times I have soft spots for other teams, depending on players I like etc. I think that's being a supporter of the game. 

Anyway, back on topic. Boo! Farce! Sell outs in small stadiums are a joke! Empty seats in big stadiums are also a joke!

On 11/16/2017 at 10:48 PM, Southerner said:

Sorry for the big question but what's the general reason for AFL getting higher attendances than NRL?

As a Rugby League Fan who played for over 30 years and lives in Melb and is loving the world cup,  AFL is a demi god in this states.  The fans, the promotion the Tv air play it is all devoted to the game of AFL.  They will get 10000 fans to the teams who are playing in the grand final at there last training before the game.  As someone said previously, they are wired differently, they live and breathe the game.  Saying that the lead up advertising to the opening game Aus v England was non existent and I just don't know why.  Believe it or not there has been more advertising for Eng V Papua game this week than for the opener.  Work that out ?  I am going tomorrow and also going to Brisbane for the Final.  Does anyone know how the final tickets are selling, gee I hope that will be a sellout but who knows.

7 hours ago, Heritage XIII said:

I think the should have had Tonga play in Wellington as not sure how many Tongans in the South Island but surely they would have come in droves to Wellington from Auckland? The Kiwis would have been a good sell in Christchurch.

They can't just chop and change the tournament to suit, if NZ beat Tonga they would be playing in Christchurch.

3 hours ago, RabbitRhinoovOZ said:

Quote from Allora.... 

My Team is the Cowboys, we have done this again and again.

I could not care less how many Yuppies buy memberships like Andrew Denton.

You do not go to any games since your team turned to ######.

You think being a member is good enough and you have paid your dues.

Its not South Sydney Rabbitohs fault that their fans do not show up when they are losing year after year or their fans live in a humpy in the Bush miles from anywhere.

Edited 11 hours ago by Allora  

Hmm so you follow Parramatta today but 2-3 weeks ago you where telling me  "My Team is the Cowboys, we have done this again and again."  So in other words you follow who ever is doing well at any given time except the Rabbitohs! I finally think I've got you worked out.

I said it to shut you up at the time.

Give it up.

12 minutes ago, Mattrhino said:

They can't just chop and change the tournament to suit, if NZ beat Tonga they would be playing in Christchurch.

Once again, you are wrong, i have explained this in this thread why are you ignoring it?

Darwin was set for Australia, Melbourne for Eng and Wellington for Kiwis. Irrespective of the position they finished in.

The only way this could have changed was if the Kiwis or England had finished 3rd in their groups.

1 hour ago, Stubbzy said:

As a Rugby League Fan who played for over 30 years and lives in Melb and is loving the world cup,  AFL is a demi god in this states.  The fans, the promotion the Tv air play it is all devoted to the game of AFL.  They will get 10000 fans to the teams who are playing in the grand final at there last training before the game.  As someone said previously, they are wired differently, they live and breathe the game.  Saying that the lead up advertising to the opening game Aus v England was non existent and I just don't know why.  Believe it or not there has been more advertising for Eng V Papua game this week than for the opener.  Work that out ?  I am going tomorrow and also going to Brisbane for the Final.  Does anyone know how the final tickets are selling, gee I hope that will be a sellout but who knows.

Agree with all that about AFL. But they've really built that culture up well. I went to my first afl game this year - $20 general admission! NRL charges double that a lot of the time. Even the big finals matches (not the gf though) are only $50ish a ticket, and the demand is huge. Things like that show respect for the fans. Whereas rugby league administration disrespects it's fans to chase a cheap buck way too often. Over generations, that builds a culture (I'm not just talking ticket prices - I'm talking scheduling etc. too)

1 hour ago, Stubbzy said:

The tickets for the Final are down to only a few areas left.

19 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Once again, you are wrong, i have explained this in this thread why are you ignoring it?

Darwin was set for Australia, Melbourne for Eng and Wellington for Kiwis. Irrespective of the position they finished in.

The only way this could have changed was if the Kiwis or England had finished 3rd in their groups.

Haha ok mate wind your neck in. 

I didn't see your post on this, and didn't know that was the case regarding the QF my bad.

39 minutes ago, Allora said:

The tickets for the Final are down to only a few areas left.

Are those the areas they are currently selling in or all actually gone? They’ve had a very strange allocation and sale policy so far - worse than ours over here which is good going!

4 minutes ago, Rawschach said:

Crowd for Tonga game looked alright - the one for the Kiwis looks appalling

These players deserve so much better 

A difference between looking alright and being alright. Shocking in Wellington and Melbourne will be the same tomorrow.

1 minute ago, Rawschach said:

Fair point - the crown number surprised me at how low it was.  Looked like it was not that bad

Fortunately the match was great!!!  :)

I think it was 12k at the Kiwis vs Scotland game and this was clearly lower, so wasnt surprised with the announced crowd.

4 minutes ago, GeordieSaint said:

A difference between looking alright and being alright. Shocking in Wellington and Melbourne will be the same tomorrow.

Well we know they will be rubbish, the best we can hope for is they dont look terrible. Tonga was passable, this isnt and as you say probably the same tomorrow.

Archived