Town website

Ginock1

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Carlisle1921 said:

I was told by a haven fan today at work that howarth had went back on his word to sign for town and was being announced by haven on friday. I assumed it was the usual whitehaven bull but this adds a lot of substance to the story.

Thought he was out until summer anyway due to needing surgery ? 

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

22 minutes ago, miaow said:

Must of missed the mossop move been suffering woman flu 

been a good Servant to the club 

for anyone who doesn't listen to radio Cumbria there was a snippet of a recording from LP played this morning he is still looking to recruit three experienced players 

no maliciousness Inteded merely an info post for anyone who may of missed it 

Nowts been confirmed about mossop yet it,s all rumours so far

To be fair we may have released him to free up cash for someone else

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction."

"Imagination is more important than knowledge."

"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence."

6 hours ago, donald said:

Nowts been confirmed about mossop yet it,s all rumours so far

I’d expect Town would have released him due to his injury and tatie hashness. That’s Howarth not Mossop.

id expect he goes to Haven and pairs up with his other best mate who couldn’t stand him when he was at Town.

3 hours ago, GeordieTownie said:

I’d expect Town would have released him due to his injury and tatie hashness. That’s Howarth not Mossop.

id expect he goes to Haven and pairs up with his other best mate who couldn’t stand him when he was at Town.

Its just been announced! I thought that very thing callum wont be happy...oh well.

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

11 hours ago, Town Army said:

I might have missed this but, was he even a Town player? Did he sign a 2yr deal or an extension??

Correct he did have a contract for how long I don't know, Sellafield jungle telegraph says that we paid compensation in order to rescind his contract £3k is being stated. Apparently the rumor is he was £12k a year contract and our coach thinks he could spend that money on signing better players, if this is true, well good on the coach I will go with that.

Thought Howarth had a bit of class about him and could lead the team around the pitch so I'm gutted he's gone, especially to the noisy neighbours.

But I'm sure he will be replaced by somebody our coach wants in of at least the same standard, so keep the faith and wait for some good news.  UTT.

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

Interesting . Says he hopes to be fit for the start of the season , so it wasn’t the injury we’ve just let him go . I agree I thought he had something about him but also that you have faith in the coach , and he obviously for whatever reason didn’t fancy him . Must be irons in the fire being worked on , but as i say if he’s gonna be fit it’s an interesting development 

Got told by several Haven fans after the Wally Lewis night out they had signed Mossop, Lister and Howarth so wasn`t surprised . Leon likely doesn`t fancy Howarth and on last seasons performances i can see why .He just stands and passes , never takes the line on , and doesn`t create gaps as he passes before drawing defenders .

38 minutes ago, Carlisle1921 said:

Howarth must be a good player to have played at the level and for the clubs he has, he unfortunately never showed it last season though.

He lacks the kicking game to play 7, the speed to play 9 and the size to play 13 so no idea where he should be played.

I agree with your second sentence. It's a bit harsh of Ivans to say he didn't create gaps he was good at exactly that, better than anybody else we had. We seem to have chucked all our eggs in one basket at the minute with Newton who a fair few of us don't rate.

Archived