wozz

Breeze hill school

Went round the old breeze hill school this morning with the dog,it looks like a decent place for a rugby ground and big enough,pity we haven't got anyone with a few million  (council)

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, The Art of Hand and Foot said:

I think there is a problem with methane gas Wozz, due to the old council tip. So they can't build houses on it, whether they can build an open structure like a stadium I'm not sure.

Shame if they can't it's a big site 

Down at Aylesbury they have covered the old council tip with  a lot of soil. After a few years the council put 4 or 5 pitches on it with changing rooms. I am not sure if the gases are vented or not. Never heard of any problems with the site, my brother played football on them for years.

The location would be perfect, on the right side of town. However with the club probably up to its eyeballs in debt and seemingly no other investors coming forward I can't see our own ground happening any time soon.

There was a problem with methane on the site in the 1980s and the school was closed for a while.  Pupils used the old Fitton Hill school and I think other sites as well.  Last tie I was there playing football on the school's astroturf pitch there were vent pipes around which were put in to solve the problem.  Not sure if any methane would still be escaping all these years later.

7 hours ago, Steve the Roughyed said:

There was a problem with methane on the site in the 1980s and the school was closed for a while.  Pupils used the old Fitton Hill school and I think other sites as well.  Last tie I was there playing football on the school's astroturf pitch there were vent pipes around which were put in to solve the problem.  Not sure if any methane would still be escaping all these years later.

The vent pipes are still there but don't know if it still has gas,i remember playing rugby on the top field manor against Salem,

• Like 1

The Breeze Hill site, so I have heard, is having a school built upon it.

The best sites I can see are the old Higginshaw gas work site and the old Counthill site. The latter has superb playing areas and a gym with offices. Sadly, like everything else we need a Kukash.

5 minutes ago, jroyales said:

The Breeze Hill site, so I have heard, is having a school built upon it.

The best sites I can see are the old Higginshaw gas work site and the old Counthill site. The latter has superb playing areas and a gym with offices. Sadly, like everything else we need a Kukash.

Wouldn't you think the council  would want a community stadium like a lot of other towns mainly to make money and for kid's 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, wozz said:

Wouldn't you think the council  would want a community stadium like a lot of other towns mainly to make money and for kid's 

Yeh , like the Council have a spare 20 mil floating around doing nothing ..........not to mention the £100 hike in everyones council tax, thats for everyone in Oldham not just the 200 or so that go to matches

30 minutes ago, Roughyedz said:

Yeh , like the Council have a spare 20 mil floating around doing nothing ..........not to mention the £100 hike in everyones council tax, thats for everyone in Oldham not just the 200 or so that go to matches

Or the paintings they have stashed worth thousands 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wozz said:

Or the paintings they have stashed worth thousands 

You are spot on. If you go to  www.artuk.Gov and search oldham art gallery,  you'll see all the paintings owned by the gallery. Most of which never see the light of day. There's a few turners and a couple of constables. Admittedly not of the fighting temerére or Haywain standard , but I bet they're worth a bob or two.

Edited by The Art of Hand and Foot
  • Like 2

The council won't have anything to do with Chris, they helped secure whitebank for the club when we got promoted and the rent wasn't paid. So really I don't blame the council for not doing anything. You wouldn't lend money to someone already in debt to you.Sadly i don't see a bright future ahead for the club,it will probably stutter along but I will continue to cheer the team on like I always do.

• Like 2

Correct Oldham council bought Whitebank well two thirds of the land and agreed a deal with the owner of the remaining third for Oldham rugby to play and charged a small rent for Oldham rugby to play back in Oldham but even this was too much how many other private company's within Oldham get bought premises with a lease and fixed cheap rent for as many years as they want and still don't pay their rent ????