Sign in to follow this  
TMF

Final Position

OK, it's that time of the year where things go quiet here because nobody quite knows what's happening behind the scenes and i'm sure there will be more comings and goings at CP before the season starts, but I have faith in Cresta, coaches, staff, volunteers and the the Board to do their up most to keep Barrow going forward. However, this is going to be our most difficult season for many years, for many reasons. What are your thoughts, will 3'rd from bottom be a successful season? I think so. What do you think?

Stay up, be financially sound, and see marked improvement in the development of the young players and academy side at the end of the season would merit a successful outcome for the season. 

Stay up, 3rd from bottom will be success, got to try and beat the likes of Rochdale, Dewsbury and Swinton at home, and compete with Halifax, Sheffield etc

I really believe that last seasons team would not have been relegated had they been playing in the Championship.

I think whatever happens we must avoid relegation. There are various other Clubs wanting to make progress in the pro game and it seems that, as they should, they will start in Ch1. In 2018 we have Bradford Bulls with a full time squad and it could be New York in 2019. I also read in todays Rugby Leaguer  that because Ireland did so well in the WC they could be putting a team forward to Ch1. That could be 2020. This means that once in Ch1 it will become very difficult if not impossible to get to the Championship once relegated.

Cant really make a decision till I see the final signings but am really looking foreward to the season ahead 

Michael great points. New York, Ireland, other USA,Canadian clubs looking at the whole situation along with other countries, the RL could be exploding without even thinking about it. If this happens I think a huge shout out to Toronto  would be warranted. If, it happens. We could even end up with four divisions. My glass is half full.