• Australia by 1 to 6 points
    • Fiji by 1 to 6 points
    • Fiji by 7 to 12 points
    • Fiji by 13 points or more

This poll is closed to new votes

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really like Fiji here. They have been able to ease into the competition and peak for this game. They have a fantastic back line and a pack which may well be able to hold their own sufficiently to keep this very close. I like this late career play maker version of Hayne and suspect he has some tricks in store. Can't wait... 

1 minute ago, Exiled Wiganer said:

I really like Fiji here. They have been able to ease into the competition and peak for this game. They have a fantastic back line and a pack which may well be able to hold their own sufficiently to keep this very close. I like this late career play maker version of Hayne and suspect he has some tricks in store. Can't wait... 

I just hope Fiji are allowed to play and don't have the life squeezed out of them by the wrestle. Fiji are not formidable across the park but they do have so very talented individual who will have to come to the party to keep it close. I am hoping for an exciting open game but think the Aussies will grab a 20 point win. 

Australia are just so good at the basics including a great field kicking game as well as a good pack.... they will pin Fiji back forever coming from last 10 yards, with Aussie forwards minimising the yards and run them out of gas with the points piling on in the last 15 mins of each half.

Whilst Fiji will have some isolated moments of glory, the Aussies execution is normally top notch with their excellent kicking game.

Before last week Fiji were just a throw the ball around gun backline. They surprised us by showing they have a good forward pack and can defend as well as score trys. Australia are a different beast. Fiji will have to surprise us again if they are going to knock over the best team in the world. I hope they do. 

1 hour ago, GeordieSaint said:

Aus to bore us to death with the grind...

That's my fear too. I would never question the talent of some of their players, but I just find theirs to be a really quite dull approach to the game of Rugby League.

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."

Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Just now, GeordieSaint said:

I’d just like to see a game where the Aussies aren’t allowed to get away with messing around at the play-the-ball. 

Yes very true. Or forward passes FFS!! England got pinged for forward twice on Sunday. Has Smith or Cronk ever been pinged? 

2 hours ago, redjonn said:

Australia are just so good at the basics including a great field kicking game as well as a good pack.... they will pin Fiji back forever coming from last 10 yards, with Aussie forwards minimising the yards and run them out of gas with the points piling on in the last 15 mins of each half.

Whilst Fiji will have some isolated moments of glory, the Aussies execution is normally top notch with their excellent kicking game.

Sadly all true. Can see this being 40-0.

Would love for the Fiji dream to stay alive and it will be the biggest test for the Aussies outside of the first game so hopefully they catch the off guard. We will wait ans see if this will forever be know as the giant killing WC or not. How crazy would a Fiji Toga Final be? Best thing to happen to international RL ever?

Yeah it's the first WC for me and i haven't watched any of the Oz games outside of highlights. Going against the grain here but as a neutral watching for the first time i want Fiji and Tonga in the final. Based on their performances so far they deserve it. Oz and Eng haven't been very exciting so far.

21 minutes ago, Krzzystuff said:

Yeah it's the first WC for me and i haven't watched any of the Oz games outside of highlights. Going against the grain here but as a neutral watching for the first time i want Fiji and Tonga in the final. Based on their performances so far they deserve it. Oz and Eng haven't been very exciting so far.

Aussies have shown themselves to be the best team so far, and by a large margin.

Their may be an upset but ignore excitement the best team is normally so proficient and execute to such a high level that we see it as boring because they have no need to take risks.

Archived