Sign in to follow this  
Farmduck

Mugabe resigns

Robert Mugabe has resigned as Zimbabwe's president, shortly after Parliament began an impeachment process to end his nearly four decades of rule.

Wild celebrations broke out at a joint sitting of Parliament when Speaker Jacob Mudenda announced Mr Mugabe's resignation and suspended the impeachment procedure.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-11-22/robert-mugabe-resigns-as-president-of-zimbabwe/9178194

21 minutes ago, Farmduck said:

Robert Mugabe has resigned as Zimbabwe's president, shortly after Parliament began an impeachment process to end his nearly four decades of rule.

Wild celebrations broke out at a joint sitting of Parliament when Speaker Jacob Mudenda announced Mr Mugabe's resignation and suspended the impeachment procedure.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-11-22/robert-mugabe-resigns-as-president-of-zimbabwe/9178194

Thank God the old dictator is gone...now if only someone would finish him off permanently...but i'm sure that his old corrupt political party is still there...not so easy to rid ourselves of them now is it?...hopefully Mushava is given a senior military command!....they like their whiskey straight up in that country...isn't that right Charles M.?

2 hours ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

From the fire into the frying pan?  I can't see the new guy, Zanu-PF or the military changing much?

Meet the new boss, same as the old boss?

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

From the fire into the frying pan?  I can't see the new guy, Zanu-PF or the military changing much?

Exactly. Looked what happened in Iraq and Libya after them tyrants were removed

12 hours ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

Nonsense.

This military backed regime with no democratic mandate will be completely different from the last one.

Clearly.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Bob8 said:

Nonsense.

This military backed regime with no democratic mandate will be completely different from the last one.

Clearly.

Its okay...you can trust me...why are you quickly paddling away?

IMG_0808.JPG

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

I have a couple of exiled Zimbabwean friends (with cracking names, tradition in some ethnic groups to name your kids after what you want them to be, or seemingly just random English words, so one of my old mates is called "mechanic") and while they don't expect things to change too much, they all think that old Bob was particularly bad and that a dictator with just normal for the neighbourhood levels of corruption and mismanagement should be able to at least ensure that people have enough to eat.

8 hours ago, JonM said:

I have a couple of exiled Zimbabwean friends (with cracking names, tradition in some ethnic groups to name your kids after what you want them to be, or seemingly just random English words, so one of my old mates is called "mechanic") and while they don't expect things to change too much, they all think that old Bob was particularly bad and that a dictator with just normal for the neighbourhood levels of corruption and mismanagement should be able to at least ensure that people have enough to eat.

I also have an old friend over there (army and party member) and I sure hope you are right but I don't trust crocodiles...EVER!