Sign in to follow this  
wozz

New shirts

But how does he continue to get away with it? Surely he must be accountable to someone? The RFL?  

This is why I find it incredible that he is praised by amongst others Ralph Rimmer and Debbie Abrahams . Surely they don't know the full story .

Edited by herbie
Spelling

4 hours ago, herbie said:

But how does he continue to get away with it? Surely he must be accountable to someone? The RFL?  

This is why I find it incredible that he is praised by amongst others Ralph Rimmer and Debbie Abrahams . Surely they don't know the full story .

Do you

• Like 1

Buysportskit have severed ties with us. It came just after their tweet asking fans to tell Mr Hamilton to reply to their emails/phone messages (probably not the best way to go about it imho)  Therefore we may not yet even have a supplier.

I asked the question a while ago why do we have to wait until the season has started before we get the shirt made available and was told it was due to sponsors being found right up until the start of the season and therefore the shirts cannot be made before then. A good point I thought but in the meantime they could follow fellow League 1/Championship clubs in selling Polo Shirts/Hoodies etc

I pull my hair out at the lack of merchandise available and cannot understand the logic given it would boost the  bank balance. This time of year extra income would be especially welcome during the off season. How much could be made on Roughyed winter wear (coats/hats/gloves/scarves) etc? You could even sell Santa hats with the club badge on it given our colours.

As for sponsors, as much as it was a good gesture to have Maggies as the main sponsor last season, I assume even Mr Hamilton didn’t charge them for it therefore giving the impression no one else willing to pay could be found.  Therefore I hope we have a new main sponsor (TLH Auctioneers?) that will bring in some extra income  (Maggies can stay on the shirt as a smaller logo).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Whitworth Yed said:

Buysportskit have severed ties with us. It came just after their tweet asking fans to tell Mr Hamilton to reply to their emails/phone messages (probably not the best way to go about it imho)  Therefore we may not yet even have a supplier.

I asked the question a while ago why do we have to wait until the season has started before we get the shirt made available and was told it was due to sponsors being found right up until the start of the season and therefore the shirts cannot be made before then. A good point I thought but in the meantime they could follow fellow League 1/Championship clubs in selling Polo Shirts/Hoodies etc

I pull my hair out at the lack of merchandise available and cannot understand the logic given it would boost the  bank balance. This time of year extra income would be especially welcome during the off season. How much could be made on Roughyed winter wear (coats/hats/gloves/scarves) etc? You could even sell Santa hats with the club badge on it given our colours.

As for sponsors, as much as it was a good gesture to have Maggies as the main sponsor last season, I assume even Mr Hamilton didn’t charge them for it therefore giving the impression no one else willing to pay could be found.  Therefore I hope we have a new main sponsor (TLH Auctioneers?) that will bring in some extra income  (Maggies can stay on the shirt as a smaller logo).

I'v always bought shirts t-####### I've even got the roughyeds tmug but I'm getting fed up with the waiting game,on other websites there club's a lot of them have there shirts out for xmas,which will probably make there club's quite a bit of money 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Whitworth Yed said:

I used to get cheesed of with the merchandise or lack of it.Now I can't be bothered, I just support the lads on the park.I have my roughyeds scarf in my car,that'll do for me.Over the years the club has probably missed out on a small fortune but it doesn't seem to bother them.It is what it is.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, moorside roughyed said:

I used to get cheesed of with the merchandise or lack of it.Now I can't be bothered, I just support the lads on the park.I have my roughyeds scarf in my car,that'll do for me.Over the years the club has probably missed out on a small fortune but it doesn't seem to bother them.It is what it is.

Likewise I'm going to stick with the gear I've got,I've still got my castlemain and boddies shirts might bring them out and start wearing them again,please forgive my spelling,will still follow owdham to the end 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, wozz said:

Likewise I'm going to stick with the gear I've got,I've still got my castlemain and boddies shirts might bring them out and start wearing them again,please forgive my spelling,will still follow owdham to the end 

Spot on mate,I've got my O'Neills T-shirt and Azzurri hoodie from a few years ago, they'll do.And they're comfy too.As long as we turn up for the boys,that's what matters most.

• Like 1

I would imagine that the outstanding debt would exceed the small claims limit. Then as a small business you must decide whether the cost of employing solicitors to act is worth throwing good money after bad 

• Like 1

Why have we lost the name roughyeds and now just called Oldham rugby league  can monkey lover tell us anything 

25 minutes ago, KPW said:

Why have we lost the name roughyeds and now just called Oldham rugby league  can monkey lover tell us anything 

This was the subject of another thread a while ago.I think they were thinking it was difficult to market a "Roughyed". I disagree.  I think with  a little imagination it could be promoted. A lost opportunity in my opinion. 

Edited by The Art of Hand and Foot

Totally agree TAOHAF, it's not that hard for someone with marketing expertise to do. 

As for new shirts, eBay has a few signed Summer Bash 2017 ones available ūüėČ.¬†

Most clubs have had their gear out for weeks or if not weeks then certainly before Xmas.See the Shirts thread in the main forum.

The club is farcical on shirts/merch. CH cries on about revenue,but does absolutely nothing to increase it. I know people were trying to get scarves etc for Christmas presents to be told there was none at all. Joke.

You can't even buy a season ticket now because it's past Hamilton's cut off point for crying out loud.

I have defended CH on numerous occasions but this close season with no presentation night for fans,no shirts/merch,season tickets being put on limited sale ( people/kids may have got money for Xmas and wanted to buy,but now can't), it's beyond a joke. 

Anyway,a week to the Law Cup,wonder which shirt we will play in?

If it wasn't for a great set of fans and players,I would consider turning it in. It's embarrassing.

See the travellers at Spotland.Up the Yeds!

• Like 1

I think it was always Oldham rlfc 97 limited, and roughyeds was the knick name. I think dave has argued with Wikipedia over it 

Maybe the club has been registered at companies House to try and limit the 1997 clubs liability to the creditors. I've not checked and I have no intention of checking 

The problem as I see it, is that there is no trust in the owner from the current fans and the lapsed fans 

The more bridges that are burnt the harder it is to survive and if the club is taken over there will be no good will left 

I guess the team will play in last year's kit with black tape over the old names as has been done a number of times before.  Joke shop and its embarrassing.

Things could be worse, just think if Dave N hadn't revamped the club website and media voluntarily, CH has absolutely no idea 

• Like 4

Agree with that,Dave is a massive asset to the club. I shudder to think what the club's social media/web presence would be without his help.

• Like 4

The media side of the club has come on in leaps and bounds since Dave took the reigns.It seems that elsewhere in the club its"same old" unfortunately. I too shudder to think what we would do now media wise without Mr Naylor. He's been a revelation since he's been on board,I hope he continues to do so as he's very much appreciated by us all.

• Like 3