Sign in to follow this  
Hvy wg

Elite 1 follow-up

2 hours ago, fcl said:

Very ban news in Carcassonne :

125k £ in debt

Players have not been paid since the beginning of the season

Chairman says that there is not enough private sponsors and he's trying to build a financial plan to save the club

https://www.ladepeche.fr/article/2018/01/11/2719555-as-carcassonne-vers-un-plan-pour-sortir-de-la-crise.html

Still a lot of money but is that £ or €? I know you have £ in your post but I'm just checking, no offence intended.

Edited by deluded pom?

The report says that they found a debt (hidden?)of €120,00 from the previous administration. It was reported their budget for this season to be €650,000. They have no overseas players. While neigbours Lezignan on a budget of €500,000 have three overseas as well as Pelissier signed up. It s merry go round though.

1 hour ago, audois said:

The report says that they found a debt (hidden?)of €120,00 from the previous administration. It was reported their budget for this season to be €650,000. They have no overseas players. While neigbours Lezignan on a budget of €500,000 have three overseas as well as Pelissier signed up. It s merry go round though.

is this budget including only the salary of the "pro" team or the budget of the entire club?

Carcassonne (sitting on a 100 000 area) and without overseas, is in a worse position than Lezignan (10 000 area) with 3 overseas and Limoux (10 000 area).

That's to wonder how can't Carcassonne be viable and Lezignan/Limoux/Saint-Gaudens be?

the deficit is 140 € or 125 £.

The budgets announced in the newspaper were fanciful. The budget of Lezignan largely underestimated

Like that of Limoux for several seasons

23 hours ago, Hvy wg said:

Carcassonne (sitting on a 100 000 area) and without overseas, is in a worse position than Lezignan (10 000 area) with 3 overseas and Limoux (10 000 area).

That's to wonder how can't Carcassonne be viable and Lezignan/Limoux/Saint-Gaudens be?

Lezignan is the city of the department which won the most population and became the third city of the department. there is a lot of work and new businesses. Lezignan also benefits from its proximity to Narbonne and the support of institutional partners. Carcassonne is less dynamic, competing with other sports and had a very bad presidents

To be optimistic, the new direction looks more realistic and the rugby union club will probably leave Pro D2at the end of the season 

On 02/01/2018 at 1:01 PM, barnyia said:

Maybe he didn't have many options, this is the problem with only one french team in super league, does he want to leave his business and family to play in the championship or play for Toulouse for less money than as a big fish in elite and have to travel every second weekend, 

I think the business was done at TO  well before Eloi decided what he wanted to do. Kane B was put out to pasture for various reasons and Houles has put his faith in Kriouache, a bit of a loose cannon for me and Bouzinac who doesn't have that much experience at a higher level. Eloi would have been perfect IMO but maybe the salary would have been a sticking point with the arrival of Barthau etc ? Dunno, just  guesing.

35 minutes ago, dunno much said:

Anthony Marion has been given the 9 jersey, a good option I think.

Excellent call. I thought Marion might be shifted to loose forward or used as a utility this season but common sense has prevailed. Marion is such a quality and underrated player and in my view TOs season imploded at the business end of last year because he was moved away from that position to cover Ford and Robins injuries. 

Should've been in the French squad too at the World Cup. 

He is a very handy guy to have in the squad, so who will cover for Andrew B at 13 ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, oiseau said:

He is a very handy guy to have in the squad, so who will cover for Andrew B at 13 ?

I've heard Pettybourne will play in the back row.