Sign in to follow this  
Buddy19

Amateur clubs to play for in the St Helens area

Hi all, I'm 19, from outskirts of the area but up until a year or two ago I mostly played football because that's what my mates played, rugby was a bit frowned upon. I starting taking rugby a bit more seriously in college and then started playing at university last year. I just really enjoy it and have been able to get myself into the team every week so I've been able to improve quite quickly. I went to the regional student trials which was a step up a level again. It's done my confidence the world of good.

I want to try and take it to another level so to speak. I believe it's pre season now for the clubs so it seems like a decent time to make some enquiries about the coming year. I was just wondering which club people might recommend for me. I'm looking for a club that will help me improve my game and get the most out of myself but is also friendly in terms of new lads coming into the team.

Thanks for your help.

1 hour ago, Buddy19 said:

Hi all, I'm 19, from outskirts of the area but up until a year or two ago I mostly played football because that's what my mates played, rugby was a bit frowned upon. I starting taking rugby a bit more seriously in college and then started playing at university last year. I just really enjoy it and have been able to get myself into the team every week so I've been able to improve quite quickly. I went to the regional student trials which was a step up a level again. It's done my confidence the world of good.

I want to try and take it to another level so to speak. I believe it's pre season now for the clubs so it seems like a decent time to make some enquiries about the coming year. I was just wondering which club people might recommend for me. I'm looking for a club that will help me improve my game and get the most out of myself but is also friendly in terms of new lads coming into the team.

Thanks for your help.

Contact Blackbrook.  I think Stuart Wright is A Team coach, but they have a website with contacts there.

My recommendation would be going to Pilks good set up now at Ruskin easy to get to from the lancs.  

• Like 1

Thatto Heath crusaders first team ncl premier division, second team nwml premier division

pilks recs first team ncl first division , second team nwml division one

blackbrook first team ncl third division, second team nwml division 5

clock face first team ncl third division, second team nwml division 4

haydock first team nwml premier division 

eccleston lions first team nwml division 3/4

haresfinch first team nwml division 1

all teams would welcome you with open arms, that's how rugby league is, always looking for new players to join, and always have a friendly welcome and good environments to make new friends.

dependant on where you live might be the deciding factor but I'd definately give it a try, certainly nothing to lose. 

Some teams might just be starting pre season, some might start in early January. I'm sure if you email any of the clubs they'll give you the training times and venues. Email addresses are usually found on the teams lists on the nwml or ncl websites via rugby-league.com 

http://nationalconferenceleague.co.uk/leagues__competitions/national_conference_league/clubs

Edited by usain bolt

I've just PM'd you with contact details for Clock Face Miners.  I recon they could be a good option for you since the bulk of the total (NCL and NWML) squad are under 21.