Law cup

moorside roughyed

I expect Rochdale to win but it will be interesting to see how we go on against this Championship side.  I hope we can give them a game and it will be good to see how the new boys play, as I think a lot of them will be out to prove something.

As always, I'm sure it will be anything but a friendly!!

Tony Mac

If you’re going through hell, keep going – Winston Churchill

Great chance to see how some of the new lads do, but as you say not expecting a win but it would be nice!! 

Good test to lock horns with their side especially as they have a lot of our former players in their ranks.

They have had a huge clearout so should be a very different side to the one we played last year.

No reason why we cant win tbh, pack looks strong, backs more balanced.

I would say this seasons squad looks as strong as last season overall, we will miss Adam Clay,Sammy (of course :) ) Wardy and Tys, but we have replaced them with solid signings. Early team prediction from me........ Johnson,Ecclestone,Rasool,Reid,Holmes,Crook,Hewitt. Joy,Hughes,Neal,Langtree,Spencer,Briscoe. Subs all the remaining squad as i guess we may have unlimited interchanges to give the boys game time.

Im sure there will be loads of changes during the pre season games for Scott to pick what he feels is his strongest team for the important stuff.

As the dust has now settled on last season and it is now confined to the history books, i for one am looking forward to the start of what hopefully will be a good season on the pitch for us,my enthusiasm is growing daily lol after spending most of the off season discussing where we went wrong last term.

A win at the nearest and dearest would be a fine start,hopefully the fans will turn out as usual, a good performance and no injuries would do for me,regardless of the result. After all the neighbours are in the ascendancy at the moment,but with a bit of luck we can regain the Cup,and put them back in their box.

Up the Yeds!

3 hours ago, roughyed34 said:

No reason why we cant win tbh, pack looks strong, backs more balanced.

I would say this seasons squad looks as strong as last season overall, we will miss Adam Clay,Sammy (of course :) ) Wardy and Tys, but we have replaced them with solid signings. Early team prediction from me........ Johnson,Ecclestone,Rasool,Reid,Holmes,Crook,Hewitt. Joy,Hughes,Neal,Langtree,Spencer,Briscoe. Subs all the remaining squad as i guess we may have unlimited interchanges to give the boys game time.

Im sure there will be loads of changes during the pre season games for Scott to pick what he feels is his strongest team for the important stuff.

As the dust has now settled on last season and it is now confined to the history books, i for one am looking forward to the start of what hopefully will be a good season on the pitch for us,my enthusiasm is growing daily lol after spending most of the off season discussing where we went wrong last term.

A win at the nearest and dearest would be a fine start,hopefully the fans will turn out as usual, a good performance and no injuries would do for me,regardless of the result. After all the neighbours are in the ascendancy at the moment,but with a bit of luck we can regain the Cup,and put them back in their box.

Up the Yeds!

Now, now R34, calm down or you will be accused of being enthusiastic, and we don't want that now do we ha ha, good luck for the season mate (except in the Law Cup of course) you should go well with Crooky leading you around the meadow, he's a crafty kicker is the lad, and a bit of a points machine.

QUIS CUSTODIAT IPSOS CUSTODES

Haha true Baron, yeah should be an interesting season for both clubs, us to hopefully get back to the Champ and you guys to remain there. That Champ is one heck of a league next season, League 1 wont be no picnic either. Hope both clubs have a successful season. As much as i bag the Hornets, life just isnt the same without the Derbies and associated banter.

Good luck for the coming season, have a great Christmas and hopefully catch you at the Law Cup. All the best pal.

1 hour ago, roughyed34 said:

Haha true Baron, yeah should be an interesting season for both clubs, us to hopefully get back to the Champ and you guys to remain there. That Champ is one heck of a league next season, League 1 wont be no picnic either. Hope both clubs have a successful season. As much as i bag the Hornets, life just isnt the same without the Derbies and associated banter.

Good luck for the coming season, have a great Christmas and hopefully catch you at the Law Cup. All the best pal.

Spot on.

Should be a belter on Jan 7, however, with each club going through

major changes of personnel, and it being both team's first hit-out of

the new season, anything could happen and I wouldn't read too much

into the result. 

We (Hornets) are going to be in a mini league survival nail-biter, next year, 

probably with Barrow, Dewsbury, Sheffield & Swinton, with the possibility of

Batley and Halifax joining the fray if it goes pear shaped for them.

Unfortunately, I fear the remaining teams will be a mere speck on the horizon,

so therefore do you put your strongest team out against them or wait until

you play in a mustn't lose game against any of the above.

With that in mind I think your division is going to be far more competitive.

Bradford are probably favourites, but I don't have them too far ahead of,

in no particular order, Doncaster, Hunslet, Keighley, Your good selves,

Newcastle, Whitehaven, Workington and York. That's 8 teams who you

could throw a blanket over in terms of their recruitment and potential,

with Crusader's also able to upset most teams on their own ground,

it should be a cracker for you lot next year.

Would I swap places with you next year, well no! But you will see more

competitive games than us Hornet's supporter's will next season.

Hope we stay up and you join us for 2019, mind you isn't there going

to be another re-structure, so who know's where any of us might end up.

Travelling to Catalans? Stay at La Villa Céline

Contact us for a special Rugby accommodation package here

signature.jpg

Archived