Sign in to follow this  
Janner

Premier Sports cancellation

Just cancelled my yearly subscription to Premier Sports, I paid £99 back in January.

The lady asked why I was cancelling and I said it was because they were losing their contract for Rugby League and I wasn't interested in any of the other sports they are showing (particularly Union). She put me on hold and then came back with an offer of £4.99 a month and admitted that they had lost the NRL but would be showing Championship matches featuring Toronto and Rugby League Backchat. I declined the offer and told her I would be using the money to pay for an Internet subscription to the new NRL online service.

if anyone else is considering phoning up to cancel Premier Sports there is an alternative number 0333 0033773 which is charged at a normal rate rather than the premium rate number they advertise on their website, I got through after about three rings.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

I cancelled today too, they tried to pretend they would have NRL next year but didn't mention Toronto.  Tbh if they do have Toronto games ill prob subscribe again.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, parklandswolf said:

Just cancelled mine to but via online chat with Virgin. I know its a small sample of 3 of us but I wonder if they have noticed a drop off ?

A lot of people on here already  cancelled a few weeks ago due to the notice period. 

1 minute ago, Damien said:

A lot of people on here already  cancelled a few weeks ago due to the notice period. 

And the decision to snub the NZ-Tonga game and mess up the whole Saturday of games.

I’ve cancelled. Forgot about the 30 day’s notice. Never mind I’ll be able to watch the Canadian Moose Wrestling Christmas Series for a few more weeks. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Another batley/ rugby fan cancelling this end although I did watch the world cup on premier over BBC.

Toronto viewings were painful this season next year should be a bit more easy on the high. Nobby did his best the rest was cringeworthy

1 hour ago, The 4 of Us said:

I’ve cancelled. Forgot about the 30 day’s notice. Never mind I’ll be able to watch the Canadian Moose Wrestling Christmas Series for a few more weeks. 

We used to get SL out here on Eurosports. Some mornings you'd have to sit through the regional quarter finals of the Mongolian District Yak Punching League Third Division if they went to extra time while you were waiting for SL.

1 hour ago, westlondonfan said:

SKY I believe?

I detest sky- its done nothing for the promotion or expansion of our game for at least a decade - its just leeches the loyal fans brass out of their bank accounts like maggots feeding on flesh

• Haha 2

Yep, just cancelled too. It was only the NRL that I got it for so can't see me resubscribing - looks like I'll need to take a look at the online service next.

I cancelled last week. If I could get it for £4.99 for all the Toronto games I might be tempted

Is there any other way I can pick them up?

I see that the NRL LIve Pass is now only available via tablet or 'phone but not on PCs or laptops. I presume that I can stream it to my TV by some sort of technological jiggery pokery.

Cancelled my subscription after the semi-final.

With a little bit of effort you can get the livestream app on your TV if you have a fire stick/Kodi and watch that way. If you don't want to subscribe to SKY. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Farmduck said:

We used to get SL out here on Eurosports. Some mornings you'd have to sit through the regional quarter finals of the Mongolian District Yak Punching League Third Division if they went to extra time while you were waiting for SL.

Just so I am up to date, FD, who eventually won the yak punching third division?

• Haha 1

I don’t know either turned it off due to the constant drone of the crowd singing Yakshire Yakshire

Edited by RS
  • Like 1
  • Haha 8

36 minutes ago, Wiltshire Warrior Dragon said:

Just so I am up to date, FD, who eventually won the yak punching third division?

The West Ulan Bataar Fighting Mongols beat the Southern Khans 4-3 with a dropped yak in Golden Horde Point.

• Haha 2

I have their special offer package £25 first year if i renew at £60 for the second year which is due about May.I have had my £25 quids worth NRL matches about 6 each weekend. State of Origin and World Cup matches.Will try to cancel when my £60 is due as the only other sport i watch on premier is Ice hockey.

Exactly my position but will give notice now to ensure no carry over to the £60. Would like to stay but will review it and when more Rugby League shown. With HKR back where they belong! was going to subscribe to Sky again anyway.

19 hours ago, Janner said:

Just cancelled my yearly subscription to Premier Sports, I paid £99 back in January.

The lady asked why I was cancelling and I said it was because they were losing their contract for Rugby League and I wasn't interested in any of the other sports they are showing (particularly Union). She put me on hold and then came back with an offer of £4.99 a month and admitted that they had lost the NRL but would be showing Championship matches featuring Toronto and Rugby League Backchat. I declined the offer and told her I would be using the money to pay for an Internet subscription to the new NRL online service.

if anyone else is considering phoning up to cancel Premier Sports there is an alternative number 0333 0033773 which is charged at a normal rate rather than the premium rate number they advertise on their website, I got through after about three rings.

Wait, so instead of your reasoning just being that you aren't interested in any of the other sports they are showing, you had to single out union. You don't want them to show union? I can honestly take comfort in the fact that Aussie league fans haven't stooped to this  level of pettiness. When I think I've seen it all on here, another poster comes along and out does every other. Well done

1 hour ago, Jace said:

Wait, so instead of your reasoning just being that you aren't interested in any of the other sports they are showing, you had to single out union. You don't want them to show union? I can honestly take comfort in the fact that Aussie league fans haven't stooped to this  level of pettiness. When I think I've seen it all on here, another poster comes along and out does every other. Well done

Many Australian RL fans are enjoying the ARUs troubles and are getting dancing lessons in preparation for some fun union grave dancing.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4