Matt Diskin 's name in the hat for Bull's job

Bulldog Days

It would be interesting to know either way if Matt has approached them or vice-versa.Other names  linked to the job include Paul Anderson, Jon Sharp, Neil Kelly, Richard Marshall, and Lee Greenwood. Also what type of compensation package would be offered on the remaining 2 years of a 3 year contract?

9 hours ago, Bulldog Days said:

Also what type of compensation package would be offered on the remaining 2 years of a 3 year contract?

Probably a high five and a preseason at ours next year..

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

I dont think he's cut the mustard yet and think he'll be with us for at least this season which will cheer dogstew up :girlcray:

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

11 hours ago, ernieone said:

I would of been surprised if his name had not been mentioned regarding the job, but it is only newspaper talk so far. 

Agree.  If I were a betting man and I'm not ,I'd go with Jon Sharp. Experienced. Coached longer and higher level. Won't cost the earth. And would probably get them back up. And we DO need them back up at the 1st attempt. For one and only reason. ...crowds.

WHERE DO YOU WANT ME TO SWIPE THIS?

Not really too concerned who will be the next Bulls coach just know it will not be Matt who will continue to work hard with our players to improve on last season.

More importantly Matt and the players WILL improve as all existing staff grow together and new lads fit in well. We have a good group of lads. I personally can sense that and am full of confidence in everyone’s ability and attitude.

6 minutes ago, Dog forever said:

Always good to hear some clarification from someone in the know. Stops all the silly rumours flying about.

You reckon! :clapping:

1 hour ago, Dog forever said:

Always good to hear some clarification from someone in the know. Stops all the silly rumours flying about.

Yeah and we must thank Colinb for all the useful information... 

You did mean Colin didn't you?? 

;)

12 hours ago, ernieone said:

Interesting to hear John Kears name been mentioned as one of the front runners from the Bradford supporters

..and in today's League Express. When I spoke with him some months ago he said that he would never go back to coaching a PT team, I wonder if something has changed.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Probably given a parachute payment like poor old Leigh or have red hall lost interst in one of the elite from seasons gone by

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

2 hours ago, ernieone said:

Are Bradford going part time?

They have a "mixed" squad - some FT but mainly PT.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Bradford Bulls have confirmed that John Kear is the club’s new head coach – a story first revealed exclusively in this Monday’s League Express.

Kear leaves his role at Wakefield Trinity effective immediately to join the Bulls on a full-time basis as the club’s new coach on a three-year contract.

“We’re ecstatic that John has committed his time to us. He’s a remarkable coach and a great man that has a lot to offer the club,” said Bulls co-owner Andrew Chalmers.

“Moving forward, John will bring an experienced and professional approach and really benefit the club, as he will implement a winning culture into the team.

“He’s a man with a lot of knowledge of the game who will offer a huge lift to the squad, especially the younger generation.”

“It is going to be a new experience. It’s an iconic club and it has been one of the greatest names in the Super League era, especially in the early part of it,” said Kear.

“Obviously, it has come upon hard times, so I’m really excited to first of all be enlisted with the job of bringing stability to the place but then also gradual improvement. We want to regain our place where we feel the infrastructure of the club belongs, which is obviously in the highest level.”

Image3.jpg

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" ....Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865..

Archived