9 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

If we are to go back to licensing what should the minimum requirements be that ALL clubs must acheive before they are accepted into the SL?

All clubs must at the very least run u17&u19 academy sides and a u23/reserve grade side.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, walter sobchak said:

All clubs must at the very least run u17&u19 academy sides and a u23/reserve grade side.

Totally agree but I would have a reserve team as opposed to an U23's. 

Edited by Harry Stottle

Just now, Harry Stottle said:

Totally agree but I would have a reserve team as opposed to an U23's. 

U23’s with a special Dispensation of allowing 3-4 players over the age of 23. 

11 minutes ago, walter sobchak said:

U23’s with a special Dispensation of allowing 3-4 players over the age of 23. 

So why not go the full way and allow any age in a proper reserves team?

Edited by Harry Stottle

2 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

So why not go the full way and allow any age?

Personally I wouldn’t have a problem with allowing any age but I think a reserve team should be aimed at capturing youngsters who are too old for the u19’s and not yet ready for 1st team/open age RL. Plus I’d hate to see a reserve team full of players in their late 20’s who are never going to make it in professional RL.

6 minutes ago, bamfordsbeans said:

Average attendances of at least 5,000.

I’m honestly not bothered about average attendances. Good Stadium facilities and modern stadia should be higher priorities.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

If we are to go back to licensing what should the minimum requirements be that ALL clubs must acheive before they are accepted into the SL?

Be able to make a major contibution to the commerical value of Super League.

If a club gets 2,000, but they are hughely wealthy and valuable to sponsors, that is fine.  If they are in a poorer area, but generate huge popular support and players, that is also pretty good.

The number of clubs that can make this big contribution to Super League is rather fewer than the available places, so the whole point is moot.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, The Future is League said:

I think this is paving the way for Toronto and perhaps another team from North America to get into super league. 

And Toulouse. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bob8 said:

Be able to make a major contibution to the commerical value of Super League.

If a club gets 2,000, but they are hughely wealthy and valuable to sponsors, that is fine.  If they are in a poorer area, but generate huge popular support and players, that is also pretty good.

The number of clubs that can make this big contribution to Super League is rather fewer than the available places, so the whole point is moot.

Which comes first Bob, the SL place based on an assumption that club X will add commercial value, or having that commercial value already functioning. 

By the way how do you measure or what would you say is a major contributor to commercial value of a SL club.

Just now, walter sobchak said:

And Toulouse. 

Agree. I was going to put Toulouse in the mix but i held back for now.

This is certainly exciting times for Rugby League in the NH or is about to be.

If we that's Rugby League play this right sponsors will coming out the walls

1 minute ago, Harry Stottle said:

Which comes first Bob, the SL place based on an assumption that club X will add commercial value, or having that commercial value already functioning. 

By the way how do you measure or what would you say is a major contributor to commercial value of a SL club.

Quite.

A few arbitary average crowd figures or shape of the pitch are not going to define it well.

But, it is all moot.

6 minutes ago, The Future is League said:

I think this is paving the way for Toronto and perhaps another team from North America to get into super league. 

3 minutes ago, walter sobchak said:

And Toulouse. 

I can see how Tolouse would be able to function with a U17, U19 and Reserves team functioning in France, but in Canada and NA how would they satisfy that requirement should it be mandatory?

8 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

I can see how Tolouse would be able to function with a U17, U19 and Reserves team functioning in France, but in Canada and NA how would they satisfy that requirement should it be mandatory?

Perhaps sign up young union players?

Professional standards from top to bottom

Potential for growth both of the club and the game as a business and in terms of audience and the wherewithal to fulfil it

Potential to become a strong and competitive force on the field in super league, and the wherewithal to fulfil it.

Adequately financed.

• Like 1

Yeah lets have licensing and wipe away the dreams of every club that are not currently in Super Greed. Lets put the final nail in the coffin of an already struggling competition. Lets follow the Aussie's because everything they do is so much better than what we do. I wonder if anybody as ever thought that promotion and relegation might just improve the Aussie competition?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Celtic Rooster said:

Yeah lets have licensing and wipe away the dreams of every club that are not currently in Super Greed. Lets put the final nail in the coffin of an already struggling competition. Lets follow the Aussie's because everything they do is so much better than what we do. I wonder if anybody as ever thought that promotion and relegation might just improve the Aussie competition?

No need to type out your strops.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Bob8 said:

Ah.

Licensing in a nutshell.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Harry , you wouldn't let it lie would you ? 

Can of worms 

Just interested in what others think Gubby, it is a very moot point, it is not as though we can influence this as we can with any other subject we discuss on these pages, if you don't have an opinion that is up to you, others may like to discuss it.

8 minutes ago, Celtic Rooster said:

Let's hope they rename it "Super Greed"

• Like 1