tms

29 minutes ago, POR said:

In  B n S sunday talking all things FEV we got round to challenge cup final teams managed to name every player except one got us all stumped in 74  Barry Hollis 15  but who was other sub

I know Sam Shepherd was referee that day 

Im Fev and im proud

1 hour ago, jamescolin said:

Definitely Busfield and Stone. Subs for 11 and 12.  Team: Box, Dyas, Smith, Hartley, Bray, Newlove, Nash, Tonks, Bridges, Harris,Rhodes, Thompson, Bell.   Subs Busfield and Stone 

cheers colin i  had busfield and hollis thought barry subbed in two thought Charlie played 12 cos jimmy was injured you learn something new every day

3 hours ago, POR said:

don't talk to me about sam shepherd he gave the wire everything and how murphy stayed on after what he did to hartley

Murphy's conduct was a disgrace that day. Always gets quoted as a great but for all his talent, he'll be forever hated for his elbow antics, that will forever be a stain on his career come what may. As for the final itself I would have preferred to see Stone in the starting team, not that it matters now.

3 hours ago, Eternal Rover said:

Murphy's conduct was a disgrace that day. Always gets quoted as a great but for all his talent, he'll be forever hated for his elbow antics, that will forever be a stain on his career come what may. As for the final itself I would have preferred to see Stone in the starting team, not that it matters now.

Murphy was a disgrace that day I do agree, he also brought the game down to his own pace enabling him to take control 

Im Fev and im proud

• 5 weeks later...
On 13/12/2017 at 3:49 PM, The Phantom Horseman said:

I don't think Barry Hollis played (he was sub in 1973 and had a try disallowed for a forward pass from Vince Farrar, very unselfish from Vince as he probably could have scored himself). The other sub in 1973 was Dave Hartley who did score a try.

Am pretty sure the subs in 1974 were Dave Busfield (14)  and Charlie Stone (15).

When Dave Hartley scored that try he created history as the first sub to score in a Wembley Cup final. 

In 1974 Dave Hartley started at left centre and John Newlove played stand off after Peter Fox had fallen out with Mel Mason on the eve of the Warrington game. 

Anyway enough from me for another year, byes y bye.

Archived