Sign in to follow this  
jroyales

Dual Reg.

Hopefully nobody. Dual reg is a joke it is just a vehicle for mainly Super League clubs to save money on reserve and academy teams.

By all means have loan players under strict rules when injuries etc happen. But you need to identify your team not having players coming in Ad Hoc.

Could you imagine being a player on “play only “ wages, you train all week then somebody comes in and takes your place and you do not earn that week.

• Like 5

All fair points and I'm not the biggest fan of DR either tbh, there are benefits though outside the playing aspect with access to medical facilities,training facilities etc which, for a club such as ours is a bonus.A lot of DR depends on the relationship between the clubs, Hudds had massive injury problems last year and that affected the availability of players, we have had great use of the likes of Tyler,Sam Wood,Mikey Wood,Liam Johnson (and others Kruise,Danny Smith,Darnell McIntosh et al) who played a good part in the last couple of seasons to help our cause. The boss and his counterpart at Hudds have the say in who plays wether we like it or not and the lads who are signed and sealed "Roughyeds" know the score with DR.

Personally if we need to "borrow" players, then I prefer the season long/month to month loan system, we didn't do badly with Gilly and Tuoyo,Benty,Sid,Ben Morris,Kam P-P,Wilko,Conor Williams,Luke Hooley.If it hadn't been for those lads we would have struggled to have a team out with our well documented injury probs.

I think we will DR with someone, Nobby hopefully will make the right choices and we get behind whoever plays in the red and white (assuming we have a kit by season start :) )

• Like 1

Fair point 34.I just don't like the idea that a player for a club can be training all week only for an injured superstar coming back from injury can waltz in and potentially take his place.Its unfair and can upset the applecart.Semi pro's aren't paid a fortune so to train with no reward of a game must be very soul destroying. But there you go.

Thats the biggest problem with DR in a nutshell MR. Thats the part of it i dislike also, tbf i dont think it has happened to us over the last couple of seasons but it certainly has at other clubs.

P.S See we got a shirt supplier at last lol :)

• Like 1

Yes DR system is a sham, it's there purely for the purpose of super league. Imho you either have a loan system month or season with a bring back clause. Or you have nothing 

I take the point with last season but in the end most of the lads in question were here for a run of games I don't want another gene Ormsby to put on the hoops of Oldham 

That farce summed up the season because a win at Bradford and we might have stayed up 

• Like 1

On 12/19/2017 at 11:10 AM, roughyed34 said:

Thats the biggest problem with DR in a nutshell MR. Thats the part of it i dislike also, tbf i dont think it has happened to us over the last couple of seasons but it certainly has at other clubs.

P.S See we got a shirt supplier at last lol :)

Wonder what Monkey Lover feels about that, has he been paid yet???

• Like 2
  • Haha 2