Sign in to follow this  
jannerboyuk

Balkan Superleague

I love this. Would be great to see it grow further with a full season and maybe even semi professionalism and TV. 

Nations could have local leagues with this league on top during offseason 

Red Star Belgrade also signed one of the prospects from TWP's last tackle series Monte Gaddis recently. He's an NA Football convert so will be great to see him progress in the game.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, DoubleD said:

There is already a thread on the international forum

That should certainly generate a lot of readership...

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Krzzystuff said:

Red Star Belgrade also signed one of the prospects from TWP's last tackle series Monte Gaddis recently. He's an NA Football convert so will be great to see him progress in the game.

I am genuinely surprised Gaddis did not get a gig in rugby union (I expected him to be involved in the new 'major league rugby' competition that the USA union people are launching). Fair play to him for heading over to Serbia - he is a superb athlete - and a very interesting back story - the game should be all over him as a kind of ambassador - focal point for social media etc.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Celt said:

I am genuinely surprised Gaddis did not get a gig in rugby union (I expected him to be involved in the new 'major league rugby' competition that the USA union people are launching). Fair play to him for heading over to Serbia - he is a superb athlete - and a very interesting back story - the game should be all over him as a kind of ambassador - focal point for social media etc.

He's not a rugby union player..

Edited by Evil Homer

He's making progress. I believe last year he played in the conference or lower, now he s got a Pro Contract in Belgrade, maybe makes it to league 1 or Champ in the future and go's form there. Would be great to see him play for the US team as part of the 2021 WC qualification. The short clip on him from TLT made you want the guy to succeed. Fogerty seems to like him a bit too.

Edited by Krzzystuff

4 minutes ago, Evil Homer said:

He's not a rugby union player..

I know that. He tried to be though - tried out for their national sevens programme, hence my comment "did not get a gig in union..."

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Krzzystuff said:

He's making progress. I believe last year he played in the conference or lower, now he s got a Pro Contract in Belgrade, maybe makes it to league 1 or Champ in the future and go's form there.

There are pro contracts on offer in Belgrade?

2 hours ago, Copa said:

There are pro contracts on offer in Belgrade?

Not sure it’s a pro contract. Am surprised he ended up there but fair play. Would have been interesting to see him in Elite comp

7 hours ago, Krzzystuff said:

image.png.08047276e4e7289bcca380229a6e0572.png

Definitely not 'pro'.  'Contract' I assume will cover some living expenses and possibly some matchday payments.  Maybe they got him a job too.

13 hours ago, DoubleD said:

There is already a thread on the international forum

Has this international forum got the approval of the NRL? 

• Like 6
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 1

19 minutes ago, Sick39ed said:

The league is semi-professional. so living expenses and a job elsewhere.

The (Serbian) League is NOT anywhere near semi-professional.  Monte Gaddis and possibly 1 or 2 others are (maybe) getting some match payments, but that's it.

• Like 1

Must admit I am often sceptical about some of the international expansion

However this involves some serious travel (and therefore serious cost) so fair play and good luck - the RL world should help promote it

Another sign that single country leagues might be a thing of the past

The Albania based team in Tirana seems to have caused a bit of news in the country. Great to see these places taking the initiative.

• Like 1

They are offering payments to all their players, it may not be the biggest wage but it is around 450 euros per game including a win bonus ; considering that is a good monthly wage here I can see it attracting some excellent athletes to the game.

• Like 1