Sign in to follow this  
beckside raider

dean parata

By Marc Bazeley
19 December 2017 4:37PM

DEAN Parata will bring a level of versatility which will prove crucial for Barrow Raiders in 2018, according to head coach Paul Crarey.

The 26-year-old has become the latest Raiders signing after joining from Intrust Super Premiership NSW outfit Blacktown Workers, who are a feeder team for the National Rugby League's Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles.

Parata, who is set to become Barrow's new commercial manager as well, can play at either hooker or half-back, which Crarey knows will be vital due to the intensity of the Kingstone Press Championship.

"With going into the Championship we wanted quality players," said Crarey. "It isn’t possible to run with two halves all year or two nines at that level.

9 hours ago, willow said:

Just wondering how he can be Commerciai Manager when he has know knowledge of the town and businesses

Yellow pages, Google maps, an engaging personality and perseverance will do the job.

Bearman, that's ridiculous. Iv'e disagreed with Murph many times but at the moment he's still doing his bit for the club over the holidays. What is going on here? Google maps? Are you having a laugh?

17 hours ago, TMF said:

Bearman, that's ridiculous. Iv'e disagreed with Murph many times but at the moment he's still doing his bit for the club over the holidays. What is going on here? Google maps? Are you having a laugh?

I would hope that this appointment was with Murph's blessing?.

That bird on google maps may be annoying but she takes you post code to post code no bother.

Edited by Bearman

Hi Bearman, not being funny, but do you know what's going on, or it just the Evening Mail getting it wrong? If Murph's finished I think the supporters need to know|?

2 hours ago, TMF said:

Hi Bearman, not being funny, but do you know what's going on, or it just the Evening Mail getting it wrong? If Murph's finished I think the supporters need to know|?

Haven't got a clue.

I assumed that because the players are part time anyone coming from abroad woild have to be helped in finding a job as they are at a disadvantage compared to locals. So a job within the club is often found.

Jobs in commercial departments often have a "carrot" bonus such as a basic salary + a percentage of the money the guy can bring in. This encourages them to get out and find new money streams.

I further assumed that Murph's role was that of willing volunteer and in which case he might be glad of help or even happier to relinquish the role altogether.

As I say I haven't a clue but would be very surprised if Murph has been "sacked"

Edited by Bearman
  • Confused 1

I agree mate, the days of jobs in the yard are over. And I agree about the carrot bonus. But it still seems strange to the supporters.  Like you, I would be surprised if Murph has been sacked, so, i'll ask the question. What is going on? Can Pete tell us? 

Well, yea Vet, you could be right. It might actually be a good idea.  It doesn't become obvious though until we are told .See where i'm coming from?

On 29/12/2017 at 10:40 AM, The Vet said:

It might sound too obvious but could both of them not be doing commercial work??

This is the case. 

On 28/12/2017 at 7:08 PM, Bearman said:

Haven't got a clue.

I assumed that because the players are part time anyone coming from abroad woild have to be helped in finding a job as they are at a disadvantage compared to locals. So a job within the club is often found.

Jobs in commercial departments often have a "carrot" bonus such as a basic salary + a percentage of the money the guy can bring in. This encourages them to get out and find new money streams.

I further assumed that Murph's role was that of willing volunteer and in which case he might be glad of help or even happier to relinquish the role altogether.

As I say I haven't a clue but would be very surprised if Murph has been "sacked"

Quoting myself but this is from the E. Mail.

http://www.nwemail.co.uk/sport/barrow-raiders/article/Multi-talented-Aussie-recruit-Dean-Parata-to-fill-two-roles-for-Barrow-Raiders-4bfb0d12-944c-4c31-9960-af8f859deb8b-ds