Sign in to follow this  
NickWeaver

Leigh threaten to bar Premier Sports

3 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

So both are as bad as each other , Yes ?

So lets see all those criticising have a go at both 

I've already said its the Leigh owner and NOT the Leigh fans...don't try to get the Wolfpack Nation to attack the owner and the fans (this is disingenuous and I'm surprised at you trying this) ... this is not the fault of Leigh fans...it is the sole responsibility of the Leigh owner..he bears all responsibility NOT the Leigh fans!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

I've already said its the Leigh owner and NOT the Leigh fans...don't try to get the Wolfpack Nation to attack the owner and the fans (this is disingenuous and I'm surprised at you trying this) ... this is not the fault of Leigh fans...it is the sole responsibility of the Leigh owner..he bears all responsibility NOT the Leigh fans!

No mention of Leigh fans in my post , I was reffering to both the Leigh owner/club and Premier/TWP , the former for his reply and the latter for not doing due dilligence before publishing 

So NO he doesnt , Premier/TWP bear at least the same responsibility as Mr Beaumont 

To suggest otherwise is disingenuous at best 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

Not sure if anyone has mentioned it yet, but if the Leigh owner, who you despise so much, had not pulled a similar thing, several seasons ago TWP would be trying to get into SL with a salary cap under £500,000 and last season in L1 would have been cira £150,000.

The same owner who you constantly call demented and hates TWP also funded a completion for 4/6 of his ST holders to fly to the Toronto game (all expenses paid in a 4 start hotel with the team (which implies he is not expecting them to stay in dorm rooms)) (Leigh fans feel free to correct me with details)

• Confused 1

29 minutes ago, kiyan said:

Not sure if anyone has mentioned it yet, but if the Leigh owner, who you despise so much, had not pulled a similar thing, several seasons ago TWP would be trying to get into SL with a salary cap under £500,000 and last season in L1 would have been cira £150,000.

The same owner who you constantly call demented and hates TWP also funded a completion for 4/6 of his ST holders to fly to the Toronto game (all expenses paid in a 4 start hotel with the team (which implies he is not expecting them to stay in dorm rooms)) (Leigh fans feel free to correct me with details)

I doubt whether anyone despises Beaumont. I certainly don't.

It was an extremely generous act by Mr Beaumont towards the fans of his club.

And?

• Like 1

7 posts deleted.  Getting personal now, behave please.  I know it's the off-season and you're having to spend time with your family but no need to take it out on the forum...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, ckn said:

7 posts deleted.  Getting personal now, behave please.  I know it's the off-season and you're having to spend time with your family but no need to take it out on the forum...

I just sent the last one out CKN as your notice bleeped and you can delete it if you want...not trying to undercut you but these folks are very unreasonable. Sorry about the timing.

Kayakman

1 minute ago, Kayakman said:

I just sent the last one out CKN as your notice bleeped and you can delete it if you want...not trying to undercut you but these folks are very unreasonable. Sorry about the timing.

Kayakman

Done, and thanks.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, ckn said:

I agree.Theres no need to get personal,I am obviously a leigh Fan but I think it's important to remain impartial for 2 reasons 1) because there are 2 sides to every story and 2) because it's always easy to cloud your your judgment due to being partisan. If "the Derek " has got it right then all well and good,if he has it wrong then accept it,that goes for my fellow leigh fans as well.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

Youve changed your tune , we and the club were a load of stupid small town hicks a few days ago 

He didn't take the advice of laying off the absinthe I guess.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

Im not sure Emmitt will be giving freebies away but im sure they will be pretty cheap.

Emmits a good player, well he prooved to be in Championship1, you have to accept that those Canadians who are new to the sport and have troubled themselves to actually go and attend games have only one yardstick to measure and to compare those player's, that they should have to expierience RL in what is most probably the lowest standard league we have ever operated in this country is not of their doing.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Krzzystuff said:

He can have as much absinthe as he likes. He needs to lay off the screech though.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Wow this one will still be going up to the day of the game !!

Not bothered in the slightest Dave, I will be attending the game and I hope it is not deprived from our friends in Canada, if by NOT being televised over here it entices more to attend then so well be it, albeit I suspect that will not be the case, there was so much ballyhoo for Catalans in the lead up to the MPG, very very few backed up their convictions with their attendance.

Some fans have more faces than the town hall clock. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Krzzystuff said:

2 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Emmits a good player, well he prooved to be in Championship1, you have to accept that those Canadians who are new to the sport and have troubled themselves to actually go and attend games have only one yardstick to measure and to compare those player's, that they should have to expierience RL in what is most probably the lowest standard league we have ever operated in this country is not of their doing.

1 hour ago, deluded pom? said:

He can have as much absinthe as he likes. He needs to lay off the screech though.

I've never even tried this absinthe, didn't even know what it was...thought he was making some coded message referring to the sin bin! Just googled it and feel the fool (ya sure,someone quote it out of context and throw it back at me if it makes you feel better).  We are totally snowed in up here after a week of steady snow (still going) so I'm probably going a little cabin crazy.  But it wasn't me who sent out the tweet...don't massacre the messenger!

Harry has posted a factual statement, but I must tell you all of the League 1 players gave their all over here and they can hold their heads high (even Workington Town!).  The TWP will not forget our League 1 friends (especially Coventry and Hunslet).

I hope Leigh sell out AND the game is televised...if I was over there I would want to actually be at the game...a once in a lifetime situation (what with the returning players, Hall, all the rest).  I wish Leigh,and their owner, no ill will and all the best in the New Year.

But don't expect us to just back down or be pushed around just because we are a new club.  We won't!

Lookin' forward to 'The Pillage In Da Sports Village'

Kayakman (hunkered down with the Pack in the snow)

• Like 2

I'm not a fan of Beaumont in the slightest but I do have some sympathy with Leigh on this one. It is a very very  expensive hobby running a RL Club and I can't see why Leigh would want to lose any gate money to those that will choose to watch the game on TV.

Coupled with the above Toronto have obviously lured away a good number of personnel from Leigh so again I'm not sure why they should want to be flexible to suit a bitter rival.

I have Premier Sports so will miss the chance to watch the game myself but if I were a Leigh fan I would not  be happy about giving away TV rights in these circumstances.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RS said:

I'm not a fan of Beaumont in the slightest but I do have some sympathy with Leigh on this one. It is a very very  expensive hobby running a RL Club and I can't see why Leigh would want to lose any gate money to those that will choose to watch the game on TV.

Coupled with the above Toronto have obviously lured away a good number of personnel from Leigh so again I'm not sure why they should want to be flexible to suit a bitter rival.

I have Premier Sports so will miss the chance to watch the game myself but if I were a Leigh fan I would not  be happy about giving away TV rights in these circumstances.  

But Leigh don't have TV rights to this fixture, or any other fixtures for that matter. The RFL sold the TV rights to Sky, on behalf of every cub in SL/Championship, and now apparently have done a deal to allow Toronto games to be shown on Premier. In return Leigh get a sizeable amount of central funding. Job done. 

• Like 9

4 minutes ago, nadera78 said:

But Leigh don't have TV rights to this fixture, or any other fixtures for that matter. The RFL sold the TV rights to Sky, on behalf of every cub in SL/Championship, and now apparently have done a deal to allow Toronto games to be shown on Premier. In return Leigh get a sizeable amount of central funding. Job done. 

I'm not saying anything..not...going..to say..anything....

14 minutes ago, nadera78 said:

So its up to RFL to insist Leigh conform to the commercial agreement or ask for return of some central funding.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RS said:

When Toronto came to town in League One all their hosts got increased gates even with it being on TV, making it an event. If Leigh can’t make the most of this opportunity more fool them, and probably an indication on why they failed in Super League twice

Edited by Spidey
  • Like 6
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Kayakman said:

I've never even tried this absinthe, didn't even know what it was...thought he was making some coded message referring to the sin bin! Just googled it and feel the fool (ya sure,someone quote it out of context and throw it back at me if it makes you feel better).  We are totally snowed in up here after a week of steady snow (still going) so I'm probably going a little cabin crazy.  But it wasn't me who sent out the tweet...don't massacre the messenger!

Harry has posted a factual statement, but I must tell you all of the League 1 players gave their all over here and they can hold their heads high (even Workington Town!).  The TWP will not forget our League 1 friends (especially Coventry and Hunslet).

I hope Leigh sell out AND the game is televised...if I was over there I would want to actually be at the game...a once in a lifetime situation (what with the returning players, Hall, all the rest).  I wish Leigh,and their owner, no ill will and all the best in the New Year.

But don't expect us to just back down or be pushed around just because we are a new club.  We won't!

Lookin' forward to 'The Pillage In Da Sports Village'

Kayakman (hunkered down with the Pack in the snow)

Did you say even Workington Town ? I liked you till then 😤😠. Then again going on our away form I understand ...

Edited by DavidM

This really is a ridiculous situation. If DB had a problem with this he should have taken it up with the RFL in private. He is either misinformed and therefore causing an issue the game could well do without purely out of his own ignorance. Or there is an issue here for the game to address which should have been done professionally and in private. 

He complains that premier havent gone through the proper channels, like his twitter rants are the proper channels.

Surely anyone who isnt a complete moron can see this should have been dealt with through the RFL with the sport acting as a whole. 

• Like 6

23 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Did you say even Workington Town ? I liked you till then 😤😠. Then again going on our away form I understand ...

I'm still waiting for the results of the promised investigation into the second delay of our fixture there...but, in the spirit of the season, I'm willing to let it go and won't talk of it again.

The only geographic/cultural knowledge I get from regions over there is from the people in their postings...I'm not an exBrit so these are the impressions they give (or how I see them anyway) :

Hunslet people seem easy going and fun loving, co-operative and very friendly...Coventry people seem cultured and out going, a neighbourly folk...Workington Town people seem very serious (proud) and somewhat angry about something (I don't quite know what though) all the time...Barrow people are not to be trifled with,want to be taken seriously, and are not afraid of a confrontation...York people are full of energy and like a good party; a festive type folk...Workhaven are all business and a little stodgy, serious..Hemel folk; well they struggle but they sure try hard; we all like the underdog...Oxford people: big chip on the shoulder when they came over here..high falooting.

Looking forward to rating the Championship sides as the seasons progresses.  Early observations: although DP is a Fax fan I thought they would be nicer but they seem nasty but the jury is still out I guess (they get the benefit of the doubt because of DP), Leigh, well Leigh,they seem very loyal and passionate, really seem to have it in for the Wolfpack though and think they can tell us what to do (I guess its because of the history); might have to be taught the lesson the hard way, but there are alot of 'em coming over so we like 'em so far...sort of like two boxers feeling each other out in round 1 of a barn burner.

Leeds Rhinos...well ya know! 

Edited by Kayakman
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Spidey said:

When Toronto came to town in League One all their hosts got increased gates even with it being on TV, making it an event. If Leigh can’t make the most of this opportunity more fool them, and probably an indication on why they failed in Super League twice

Will you be making the trip Spidey,? apologies if I am wrong but do you not hail from Widnes and still reside there, a 25 minute trip is not much of a sacrifice, neither is an hour or two if one is that interested, pray tell me what could Leigh do to entice you to attend, what would shove you over the edge of uncertainty and say to you that you that you cannot miss it?

Edited by Harry Stottle

1 hour ago, scotchy1 said:

This really is a ridiculous situation. If DB had a problem with this he should have taken it up with the RFL in private. He is either misinformed and therefore causing an issue the game could well do without purely out of his own ignorance. Or there is an issue here for the game to address which should have been done professionally and in private. 

He complains that premier havent gone through the proper channels, like his twitter rants are the proper channels.

Surely anyone who isnt a complete moron can see this should have been dealt with through the RFL with the sport acting as a whole. 

Yes it should , as it stands at the moment , no other clubs matches are televised other than the Summer Bash and the play offs , if one particular clubs matches are to be televised ( away from home ) then it is reasonable for the away clubs to be informed before the matches are publicised wouldnt you say ? 

It appears this hasnt happened