Sign in to follow this  
NickWeaver

Leigh threaten to bar Premier Sports

Recommended Posts

Leigh are well within the rights to do so to.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey its Christmas time not April Fools...you gotta be kidding right?

Sad...very sad.

Two steps forward...one step back.  Sad.

Edited by Kayakman
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seriously,  how the f do TV rights work over there?

In any other league I know of, the league owns the TV rights. The league sells the TV rights, national or international.  The league takes that money,  and distributes it to the teams. 

How much more mickey mouse can this get?

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"The Derek" as I have started to call him can do what he likes and if toronto don't like it then he will bring a whole host of sanctions against Canada,backed by all members of the U.N no doubt.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JDINTHEHIZZOUSE said:

"The Derek" as I have started to call him can do what he likes and if toronto don't like it then he will bring a whole host of sanctions against Canada,backed by all members of the U.N no doubt.

Why not "Bloody Obnoxious Derek" or "Bo Derek" for short?

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Derwent said:

Good on him, hope other clubs follow his lead.

Why? To reduce the exposure of rugby league and the clubs?

Most rugby league clubs would give an arm and a leg to get exposure on North American TV.

You don’t grow a business by hiding away.

  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Copa said:

Why? To reduce the exposure of rugby league and the clubs?

Most rugby league clubs would give an arm and a leg to get exposure on North American TV.

You don’t grow a business by hiding away.

It’s the principle of the thing. Toronto have the right to sell the TV rights to their home games but they do not have any right to sell other clubs’ games, especially if not sharing the money with them. If Premier want to show Toronto’s away games then they should negotiate collectively with the UK based clubs for those rights.

  • Like 8
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe Premier Sports don't have a deal, and this is a high-profile and attention-grabbing attempt for Leigh to get one. ...and why not?

Edited by JohnM
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Derwent said:

It’s the principle of the thing. Toronto have the right to sell the TV rights to their home games but they do not have any right to sell other clubs’ games, especially if not sharing the money with them. If Premier want to show Toronto’s away games then they should negotiate collectively with the UK based clubs for those rights.

The principle of the thing is that they are being offered free exposure in the North American market without paying for it.

They have been handed an unprecedented opportunity to grow and develop their brand. An opportunity that has been provided free of charge by another club. 

To not realise this is absolute stupidity.

Edited by Copa
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Copa said:

The principle of the thing is that they are getting free exposure in the North American market without paying for it.

They have been handed an unprecedented opportunity to grow and develop their brand. An opportunity that has been provided free of charge by another club. 

To not realise this is absolute stupidity.

Yes I’m sure the North American market is worth a fortune to the likes of Dewsbury, Barrow, Batley etc

Some of you live in fantasy land on here.

  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Copa said:

It’s like a village tough guy is showing off to the two headed locals.

It's like a guy acting smug behind a compute to impress other smug two headed internet forum users.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Derwent said:

Yes I’m sure the North American market is worth a fortune to the likes of Dewsbury, Barrow, Batley etc

Some of you live in fantasy land on here.

Ask their kit and ground sponsors if they’d like the exposure. 

  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Eric Perez does'nt know what he got himself in for. This is a local sport for local people.

But in essense he is right. Premier should only have rights to show home games unless they want to pay the Championship clubs money.  But Sky don't show any regular championship games so it would be nice for fans to get to see some championship games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



League Express - Every Monday

Rugby League World - Jan 2018

Rugby League Books On Sale Here