Sign in to follow this  
stevieb

Todays game

3 hours ago, graham fisher said:

Without getting into a argument,that was never a sinbinning,no worse than some incidents during the game.

But if he had to go so did Gledhill for retaliation,he threw at least 2 punch's.

The video doesn’t show that

...or you can’t count!

Without getting into a argument,that was never a sinbinning,no worse than some incidents during the game.

But if he had to go so did Gledhill for retaliation,he threw at least 2 punch's.

Brown did himself no favours, it reminded me a bit of Farrell's at the end of last season. Both rushed out of the line and jumped to hit the man with the ball. Admittedly, Farrell was more accurate with his attempt and subsequently got a big suspension, but the intent was no different. It wouldn't surprise me if he gets a couple of match suspension for it.

From the video, I haven't seen the punches Gledhill threw either, so I'm not sure what Ned was bleating about.

3 hours ago, DOGFATHER said:

Brown did himself no favours, it reminded me a bit of Farrell's at the end of last season. Both rushed out of the line and jumped to hit the man with the ball. Admittedly, Farrell was more accurate with his attempt and subsequently got a big suspension, but the intent was no different. It wouldn't surprise me if he gets a couple of match suspension for it.

From the video, I haven't seen the punches Gledhill threw either, so I'm not sure what Ned was bleating about.

Bit like Farrel's,your joking surely? Farrel shot out of line using his elbow. 

For what it's worth, l didn't think it should have been a sin-binning, for either of them. It was quite a incidentless game, mainly due to our dominance in the forwards. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, graham fisher said:

Bit like Farrel's,your joking surely? Farrel shot out of line using his elbow. 

Brown's intent, is what reminded me of Farrell's.

Given the fact he shot out and jumped to hit Gledhill. What was he aiming to connect with going in like that? Was it the chin, throat or head? If he was aiming for anything lower, then surely he wouldn't have needed to jump like that?

It will be interesting to see if the incident is reviewed by the disciplinary panel and what they make of it.

Just because Brown doesn't have the far superior skill levels of Farrell, and he couldn't hit a cow's backside with a banjo, doesn't mean he should get away with acts of outright thuggery. :onthequiet:

5 hours ago, DOGFATHER said:

A couple of matches for a sin-binning - when did this rule come in?

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

A sin-binning for a nothing incident in a friendly! When did this come in? 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, graham fisher said:

I'm not disagreeing regards Gledhill Graham but Mr Kelly ignored the first offence which was head high and used to be an automatic sin binning me thinks. Happy new year mate. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, colinb said:

I'm not disagreeing regards Gledhill Graham but Mr Kelly ignored the first offence which was head high and used to be an automatic sin binning me thinks. Happy new year mate. 

And the same to you Colin.

2 hours ago, DOGFATHER said:

Given the fact he shot out and jumped to hit Gledhill. What was he aiming to connect with going in like that? Was it the chin, throat or head? If he was aiming for anything lower, then surely he wouldn't have needed to jump like that?

It will be interesting to see if the incident is reviewed by the disciplinary panel and what they make of it.

Just because Brown doesn't have the far superior skill levels of Farrell, and he couldn't hit a cow's backside with a banjo, doesn't mean he should get away with acts of outright thuggery. :onthequiet:

Haha.

Wonder if Diskin wanted Aaron Brown as cover for the super skilled Farrell whenever he's suspended 😜

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, ernieone said:

Sorry mixed up with Simon Brown 

I'd rather have had Mrs Brown at stand off tbh. She might have brought some of her boys as well.😉😉😉

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

ROLE & POWERS OF ON FIELD OPERATIONAL RULES TRIBUNAL
D2:2 The role of the On Field Operational Rules Tribunal shall be to adjudicate upon all matters of On-field discipline relating to a Person Subject to the Operational Rules referred to the On Field Operational Rules Tribunal by the Match Review Panel referred to below and also all cases in which a Player has been referred to the On Field Operational Rules Tribunal by the Match Review Panel following a dismissal or "sin-bin" in or relating to Matches and games played in the Reserve or Academy competitions 
including but not limited to friendly matches arranged by Clubs who have membership of any of the above mentioned organisations.

Your guess is as good as mine as to when it came in, but I would suspect the incident will be reviewed. If Dewsbury were Wigan or Leeds it would be a sin-binning sufficient no doubt, but you are not Wigan or Leeds, so I wouldn't be surprised to see a ban. 

Just because Brown didn't maim Gledhill doesn't mean the intent wasn't there.

2 hours ago, DOGFATHER said:

ROLE & POWERS OF ON FIELD OPERATIONAL RULES TRIBUNAL
D2:2 The role of the On Field Operational Rules Tribunal shall be to adjudicate upon all matters of On-field discipline relating to a Person Subject to the Operational Rules referred to the On Field Operational Rules Tribunal by the Match Review Panel referred to below and also all cases in which a Player has been referred to the On Field Operational Rules Tribunal by the Match Review Panel following a dismissal or "sin-bin" in or relating to Matches and games played in the Reserve or Academy competitions 
including but not limited to friendly matches arranged by Clubs who have membership of any of the above mentioned organisations.

Your guess is as good as mine as to when it came in, but I would suspect the incident will be reviewed. If Dewsbury were Wigan or Leeds it would be a sin-binning sufficient no doubt, but you are not Wigan or Leeds, so I wouldn't be surprised to see a ban. 

Just because Brown didn't maim Gledhill doesn't mean the intent wasn't there.

Thanks. I don't think a video allows anyone to determine intent, as long as they are neutral that is. If that incident resulted in a ban then we will be playing 10 a side next season.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

Thanks. I don't think a video allows anyone to determine intent, as long as they are neutral that is. If that incident resulted in a ban then we will be playing 10 a side next season.

Let's hope that dogfather tis not on the disciplinary panel because Aaron Brown's rugby career is over😉

Edited by graham fisher
  • Like 2

Let's hope that godfather is not on the disciplinary panel because Aaron Brown's rugby career is over😉

I thought it was a bit harsh with a sin binning I cant see the disciplinary panel taking any further action ,the shot was high but not nasty, what I would like to see is the refs stop the players running and whinging to them like they used to, we are getting more like the round ball players.

• Like 4

On 12/28/2017 at 2:27 PM, DOGFATHER said:

The initial contact was on the chest and then up into the face, spoke to both players after the match and both said it was never a sin binning

My general opinion of our performance; we're short of pace. Worrincy is a good bit the wrong side of 30, our hope of returning speed, Jonny, couldn't get near him. Would however play him on the wing, leave Scott at fullback, would be demoralising for him to be moved. We need young Farrell at 6 to inject that missing pace up the middle, leave Walker to use his noddle at 13, playing him and Dom together confines their abilities. Centres could comfortably be covered at any given time by Smeaton, Cowling, Ainy and Crookes (looked a bit slow and weighty). Tomlinson did ok but needs to find his niche, is he a back rower or centre? Hemingway gave a good account of himself, don't think he's a starting 13 player but will be invaluable of the bench spelling at either 6 or 9 when either Leak or Davey aren't selected or injured, and he's also as good a goal-kicker as anyone we have. Ward, have had time for him for a couple of years now, had a great game for them against us in both fixtures last season and the year before at Oldham's ground, but are he and Cropper cut from the same cloth? Holland, I expect more Dave Taylor coal train from him, he's got the size for it. Remember, whilst complaining about the amount of dropped ball, how cold it was up there. Expect Harrison to take the next step this year, become a permanent fixture and do his SL chances the world of good, if he improves this year as he did last he shouldn't be at The Mount in 2019, he's got all the makings. Rowey handled his re-numbering in the manner expected, putting down his marker, back 3 well covered with Manning, Farrell, Day, Brev and Browny. Don't think any team in the championship should expect to out-muscle that pack, not even Leigh who I don't expect to be quite as formidable this time. As I eluded to at the top, pace is my fear.

• Like 1