Sign in to follow this  
stevieb

Todays game

Your cruising in a George Michael style Steve?

Hey if I can scamper back from filey with mother in law kicking and screaming you can put the fake tan down!

32 minutes ago, 9' oller said:

Your cruising in a George Michael style Steve?

Hey if I can scamper back from filey with mother in law kicking and screaming you can put the fake tan down!

No fake tan for me buddy ha the real deal pal lol

Can someone give a match report or general write up please. Didn't make it but followed first half on Twitter.

Bet Johnny enjoyed first try!

Good run out I guess, sorry I could not be there, hospice visiting, but I had my new retro shirt and bobble hat on and up in Headingley.

A kind person(Distant dog) kept me informed of the score.

Not the best of games but there has been plenty worse Boxing day and Blackpool matches. Both sides guilty of not respecting the ball but of course it's early days with three more friendlies before the season starts. Nice to see Hemingway get the try that set up the victory.

A ok performance with hopefully more to come

15 minutes ago, 9' oller said:

Can someone give a match report or general write up please. Didn't make it but followed first half on Twitter.

Bet Johnny enjoyed first try!

Pretty happy with today's performance. Two bad sides in the first half, lots of dropped ball and scrappy penalties at the play the ball from both.

Campbell injected well at fullback, squad looked pretty fit though Crookes in particular looked to be carrying some Christmas weight.  Rettie the star man today. Called for a cross field kick from Dom that Brambani executed well and forced a repeat set after a wayward bomb from Patch. Gledhill made yards and was the best prop on the pitch (didn't think I'd be saying that earlier this year). James Harrison should have got over if it was not for a fantastic ball and all tackle from Guzdek.  The defence held up really well in the second half only conceding from a forward pass which created a break.

As for the new boys...

Mikey Ward got through some hard work in the middle both in attack and defence. Holland didn't make  that much impact carrying the ball but stood up well in defence. He's a big unit and  should come on this year.  Felt a bit sorry for Keenan Tomlinson out there. Looked a bit lost at SR but I guess it was to be expected for someone on trial and he seemed more comfortable when he moved to centre.  

Biggest plus was our defence particularly in second half. Really restricted their forwards through the middle and Ward and Holland showed they could handle the pressure well when they were both reintroduced with us 2 up with 10 to go. 

• Thanks 1

I agree Ernieone. I suspect both teams had plenty missing, but we seemed to have too much for them, especially up front. Thought our forwards were more aggressive and made more yards. Defensively we were OK, and didn't miss Brambani when he went off. 

So are we saying Tom Hemingway is in the regular 17 alongside jc with ainy playing only to cover injuries?

I'd have Scotty at full back for his defence, consistency and positional play

31 minutes ago, 9' oller said:

So are we saying Tom Hemingway is in the regular 17 alongside jc with ainy playing only to cover injuries?

I'd have Scotty at full back for his defence, consistency and positional play

I don't think he will. He did kick the ball dead for a fair few 7 tackle sets. It'll be worth seeing how the boy Farrell gets on when given a shot. Looked a good player for Swinton and looked to have a running game to give us something a bit different

8 hours ago, stevieb said:

Hi guys, is there any of my fellow bulldogs streaming the game today, unfortunatly im on a cruise and can't get to the game?

Highlights steve

• Thanks 1

decent crowd for a decent game, like the look a the fella ward with the socks down crack on with it type player. harrison looks to have beefed up well and made plenty a big yards, jc looked well quick off the mark and i cant wait for a firm pitch. plenty a dropped balls and dumb rugby at times but the tackling was getting better as the game went on,not everything came off but we sure tried to throw the ball around, hemmingways try got us on the front foot and it was good to see him take line on and make it stick.looking good so far and we look to have a good beefy looking squad to biulod with. giddy:aggressive: for next game now.

2 hours ago, Batley Bob said:

Just read this thanks Bob.I note that Mr Kelly says he was surprised Aaron Brown was sin binned when the batley player threw the first punch. Forgive me but wasn't the fracas caused by a  high loose arm on Gledhill's head and he's  6'3"!!!. Hence the sin bin. Let's forget the original offence shall we. 

Edited by colinb
  • Like 1

Thanks Bob for  the highlights ,looked to be a lot at the game.Any idea of the gate and is it shared?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, frank said:

Thanks Bob for  the highlights ,looked to be a lot at the game.Any idea of the gate and is it shared?

Attendance was 1754,to be honest looked to be more than that.Yes it's a shared gate.

Edited by andyram

16 minutes ago, andyram said:

Attendance was 1754,to be honest looked to be more than that.Yes it's a shared gate.

Tranquiliser was counting as they came in.....

11 hours ago, colinb said:

Just read this thanks Bob.I note that Mr Kelly says he was surprised Aaron Brown was sin binned when the batley player threw the first punch. Forgive me but wasn't the fracas caused by a  high loose arm on Gledhill's head and he's  6'3"!!!. Hence the sin bin. Let's forget the original offence shall we. 

Without getting into a argument,that was never a sinbinning,no worse than some incidents during the game.

But if he had to go so did Gledhill for retaliation,he threw at least 2 punch's.