Sir Nick Clegg

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've long since given up getting angry about the disgusting and divisive honours system, I feel the best thing is simply to ignore it.

I personally shall continue to refer to him as 'that slimy hypocritical Tory tw@.'

And when they found our shadows

Grouped around the TV sets

They ran down every lead

They repeated every test

They checked out all the data on their lists

And then the alien anthropologists

Admitted they were still perplexed

But on eliminating every other reason

For our sad demise

They logged the only explanation left

This species has amused itself to death

No tears to cry no feelings left

This species has amused itself to death

40 minutes ago, Stan Doffarf said:

I've long since given up getting angry about the disgusting and divisive honours system, I feel the best thing is simply to ignore it.

I personally shall continue to refer to him as 'that slimy hypocritical Tory tw@.'

I vast amount of people would agree with you

1 hour ago, Tongs ya bas said:

My mistake double post

I'd appreciate the mods fettling this

Done.  I deleted t'other un.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

14 minutes ago, Tongs ya bas said:

The only non ass hole Beatle.

He deserves some kind of recognition for that alone

George was my favourite.  John got bad press but wasn't that bad really.  Paul is also a decent sort.  None of them really could be classed as doing anything worse than the average bloke.

Ringo seems like a nice enough lad, even though he is the voice of the fascist republican underbelly.  He probably used his establishment fascist connections to get himself that knighthood ;)  (And no, for the humour lobotomised, I'm not being serious...)

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

So, for people on here, the honours system has all the huge interest of SPOTY with the advantage it happens more often?

Personally I quite like the idea of a republican movement of any sort even one led by Ringo!

1649 what a missed opportunity!

Nick Clegg what a missed ................!

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

6 hours ago, Tongs ya bas said:

The only non ass hole Beatle.

He deserves some kind of recognition for that alone

6 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

Obviously because Paul , John and George did such terrible things didnt they ? 

Like ? 

Mull of Kyntire for starters.

Thank you for your valuable contribution.

7 hours ago, ckn said:

George was my favourite.  John got bad press but wasn't that bad really.  Paul is also a decent sort.  None of them really could be classed as doing anything worse than the average bloke.

Ringo seems like a nice enough lad, even though he is the voice of the fascist republican underbelly.  He probably used his establishment fascist connections to get himself that knighthood ;)  (And no, for the humour lobotomised, I'm not being serious...)

Please tell me that article isn't real.

10 minutes ago, deluded pom? said:

I personally can't do with McCartney. He always comes across as superior whenever he opens his mouth. His music is now nondescript and he should have retired years ago. 

Apparently he is a genuinely nice guy, which is a bit annoying.

Agree with you about his recent music.

Anyway, just waiting on the post so I can see which knighthood I got this year.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

11 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

If you read it all when you get to end you realise that all that went before the last paragraph was just a lead up to another blast from a staunch feminist!

After reading that article I now understand how some people went 'f*ck it I'm voting Trump.'

22 minutes ago, Maximus Decimus said:

After reading that article I now understand how some people went 'f*ck it I'm voting Trump.'

Yes, I hate being made to think about things too.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

2 hours ago, Shadow said:

Frog chorus

I'll forgive any amount of frog chorus, dyed hair, terrible singing at the Olympics and whatever else - some of his Beatles lyrics were beautiful.

Meanwhile, Farage is fuming at not getting anything, so there's some consolation.

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

2 hours ago, gingerjon said:

Apparently he is a genuinely nice guy, which is a bit annoying.

I know he still visits his old friends and family back home in Speke a few times a year without fuss or publicity.

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

Archived