Sign in to follow this  
BARRETT

New registration system

A total pain , players  not interested or do not have e mails and do not wish to give them out anyway. Think it will create a lot if problems  come season start, personally know a lot of admin people who are getting more dissolousioned with what is once again more time pushed on to a thining band of volunteers. Got to say that the NCL administrator has been a great help to me personally as I am struggling with this.

23 minutes ago, chisholm said:

You would be surprised how many don't and if the do they don't even know it !

I bet they all own a smartphone and use apps, which more often than not need an email address

15 hours ago, DoubleD said:

I don’t know of any young person who doesn’t have an email address, this is the 21st century. If they want to play, they’ll assist 

Any wonder why the games dying, completely the wrong attitude, you can't talk to young men today like you could 30 years ago, you now haveto be their Mother, Father and best friend.

• Like 1

Once into the swing of the new system it is very easy, the only problem we had wasn't the systems fault, it was our governing body requiring a transfer form from a summer club well over 100 miles away who had changed their secretary.

I'd like to know why amateur clubs need to have a transfer form for a player returning to the amateur ranks but a player going the other way doesn't ?

6 minutes ago, Marauder said:

Any wonder why the games dying, completely the wrong attitude, you can't talk to young men today like you could 30 years ago, you now haveto be their Mother, Father and best friend.

What on earth are you on about?

3 minutes ago, DoubleD said:

What on earth are you on about?

Are you a club administrator by any chance ? If so you'll know that the if they want to they will attitude doesn't work, you have to hold their hands and change their nappies these days.

16 minutes ago, Marauder said:

Are you a club administrator by any chance ? If so you'll know that the if they want to they will attitude doesn't work, you have to hold their hands and change their nappies these days.

No, I'm a recently retired player. I don't agree that is the case, yes it's not like 30 years ago but it's about how you engage with players - these days social media is king and therefore that is the best way to engage with them. Lack of commitment is the biggest issue but those who want to play will assist

4 minutes ago, Celtic Rooster said:

Go and visit all of the NCL clubs like I did. You will know then that game is not ran by young people.

But the players are young, so hence the need to adapt. It's the clubs that fail to adapt that end up struggling

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Marauder said:

Once into the swing of the new system it is very easy, the only problem we had wasn't the systems fault, it was our governing body requiring a transfer form from a summer club well over 100 miles away who had changed their secretary.

I'd like to know why amateur clubs need to have a transfer form for a player returning to the amateur ranks but a player going the other way doesn't ?

pro players dont need a transfer coming back to a community club We had several players come back last season. As long as the RFL confirm their contract has been terminated they are free agents. I suspect it may be the Pennine league insisting on transfers. A player left us middle of last season so we removed him from our players register making him a free agent. He went to sign for a Pennine club but they insisted on a transfer form as they said all players need transfers. 😞

1 hour ago, Impartial Observer said:

pro players dont need a transfer coming back to a community club We had several players come back last season. As long as the RFL confirm their contract has been terminated they are free agents. I suspect it may be the Pennine league insisting on transfers. A player left us middle of last season so we removed him from our players register making him a free agent. He went to sign for a Pennine club but they insisted on a transfer form as they said all players need transfers. 😞

You could be right, The lad I'm talking about had been de-registered by Durham Tigers but we still had to do a lot of chasing that also kept him from playing for a couple of weeks.

Just spent an hour and a half trying to get players signed on via the new system. Some no problems but 3 or 4 won't go through correctly. Will seek help tommorow, but did get slightly annoyed with players asking why can't we just sign a form like we always have done, this is a pain in the a--e!!!!!!! Told them in no uncertain words that it was not my choice.

We only had a couple of problems where players were using different emails to the ones on record. We emailed the helpdesk with the new email addresses. They updated them and the players were able to register straight away.

The NCL administrator has been very helpful in changing e mail's for us, I am sure it will be something simple.                                                                                                             

Trouble is players don't want to waste time doing this, was asked numeRous times last night if we are on record and registered to our club why do we need to go through this process ? I am afraid I couldn't answer them, perhaps someone can answer them for me.

Im having trouble. Even my passport got wiped, I am good with technology etc so its not something ive done. Yet go to log in and it brings a player up from Mayfield. It is getting on my nerves and we have a challenge cup game on the 27th.

I used to like the old system of getting the players who wanted to re register to sign at the side of their names and send the form back! haha

At tonight's NCL meeting it seems quite a few clubs are having problems with the system.  Frustrating for all the volunteers trying to make things work.

12 hours ago, chisholm said:

At tonight's NCL meeting it seems quite a few clubs are having problems with the system.  Frustrating for all the volunteers trying to make things work.

Due to work I struggle to get to the meetings. I finally have our lads sorted once the emails are updated on the RFL side they need access to the email address they have given. A lot of people were having trouble once they received the email they were selecting the club again where as they had to scroll past the club selector to their name. Putting the onus on the playes to register themselves shows the lack of effort going in from the hierarchy giving them less to do.

I will also say that the guys (especially Aaron) supporting have been very good and offered plenty of help 

Got to agree that the RFL Staff have been very helpful, but it still taking a lot more time and effort than the old signing on system. I for one am getting a little frustrated at the extra work load being put on volunteers. 

2 hours ago, chisholm said:

Got to agree that the RFL Staff have been very helpful, but it still taking a lot more time and effort than the old signing on system. I for one am getting a little frustrated at the extra work load being put on volunteers. 

Yeah it is putting more pressure for sure. Then if anything is amiss it is the clubs that will end up with points deducted/fines/ineligible players