RobertAM

Local Press Coverage of TWP

Recommended Posts

I took pleasure in correcting Scott Stinson writing in the National Post today "2 Toronto teams won championships in 2017" namely Argos and TFC - let him know there was a third..hopefully he will post a correction. Mainstream media - check your facts before going to print!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, manu266 said:

How old is Paterson’s son? About ten? Ridiculous policy to build kids up at such a young age. Good to see the Aussies are still twenty years behind though if they think Liverpool are EPL giants.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, RobertAM said:

I took pleasure in correcting Scott Stinson writing in the National Post today "2 Toronto teams won championships in 2017" namely Argos and TFC - let him know there was a third..hopefully he will post a correction. Mainstream media - check your facts before going to print!

And there is actually a fourth team everyone always forgets, yet they were the first to get a championship in 2017: Raptors 905.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So the season tickets are up from $200 to $250;according to the article. Walk up prices too although less clear by how much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, RayCee said:

So the season tickets are up from $200 to $250;according to the article. Walk up prices too although less clear by how much.

Ticket prices for 2018

East Stand

  • Adults $25
  • Under 16's $12.50
  • 16-21 $18.75

West Stand

  • Adults $30
  • Under 16's $15
  • 16-21 $22.50
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

still a deal and a half.  just get that bloody turf down!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Other Wolfpack news from today League Express:

  • Leigh owner decribe the move to Magic weekend as a cost-cutting exercise and not as a promotion opportunity
  • Halifax coach offers their home ground for the April 28 game, New River still on top of the list though
  • Paul Rowley still looking for a 30th man
  • The squad will train in warm weather Portugal later this month
  • TWP #4 in 2017 club of the year poll (all UK divisions), Craig Hall League 1 player of the year, Rowley #2 in League 1 coach of the year, TWP home opener #5 in most significant moments in rugby league in 2017 (worldwide)

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, manu266 said:

TWP home opener #5 in most significant moments in rugby league in 2017 (worldwide)

I’d like to know what the four above it were? First ever TWP game?

Edited by deluded pom?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  1. Josh Dugan's ankle tap on Kallum Watkins in WC final
  2. Andrew Fifita's knock on in WC semi
  3. Zak Hardaker's drugs ban just before SL Grand Final
  4. Tonga defeating NZ at WC
  5. TWP first home game

Without the WC TWP would be #2.

Also on this ranking, #26 NY bid for a 2019 entry.

And I forgot the League 1 team of the year:

image.png.4928ebff5a973ef8e436daeda1d3569a.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, manu266 said:
  1. Leigh owner decribe the move to Magic weekend as a cost-cutting exercise and not as a promotion opportunity
  2. Halifax coach offers their home ground for the April 28 game, New River still on top of the list though
  1. He's just jealous he's no longer in the magic weekend and no one wanted him there, thought he was a decent guy from a few videos i saw with him but hes manged to change my view rather quickly
  2. I think we should play at Halifax if they want us there since we are taking their chance to come and play in Toronto away, a small consolation would be some extra gate revenues for them.
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

re No 2 - I agree..if our bloody pitch isn't ready give the scheduled opposition an extra home game. seems fair

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/leeds-rhinos/leeds-rhinos-leeds-had-to-cancel-florida-trip-and-toronto-friendly-because-of-world-club-game-hetherington-1-8941056

Don't know if this was announced before, but Leeds was supposed to train in Florida this month and play a friendly against TWP. Cancelled due to relocation of World Club Challenge to Australia.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, manu266 said:

https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/leeds-rhinos/leeds-rhinos-leeds-had-to-cancel-florida-trip-and-toronto-friendly-because-of-world-club-game-hetherington-1-8941056

Don't know if this was announced before, but Leeds was supposed to train in Florida this month and play a friendly against TWP. Cancelled due to relocation of World Club Challenge to Australia.

Thanks for sharing. I'm afraid that the K-man might be "triggered" when he hears that the Rhinos escaped the clutches of the Pack.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ojx said:

Thanks for sharing. I'm afraid that the K-man might be "triggered" when he hears that the Rhinos escaped the clutches of the Pack.

just lock the thread now!!!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, manu266 said:

https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/leeds-rhinos/leeds-rhinos-leeds-had-to-cancel-florida-trip-and-toronto-friendly-because-of-world-club-game-hetherington-1-8941056

Don't know if this was announced before, but Leeds was supposed to train in Florida this month and play a friendly against TWP. Cancelled due to relocation of World Club Challenge to Australia.

 

1 hour ago, ojx said:

Thanks for sharing. I'm afraid that the K-man might be "triggered" when he hears that the Rhinos escaped the clutches of the Pack.

I TOLD YOU SO!  I KNEW THEY WOULD TRY TO PULL A FAST ONE ON US!  YOU PEOPLE THOUGHT I WAS EXAGGERATING BUT NOT NOW EH?

So its exactly as I said, well let me tell ya, the Great Leeds Rhino can run but he cannot hide!

Its not us that cancelled the game, but I'm sure they have some slow, dim witted excuse to get out of our ranging territory and some quick too!  THEY EVEN CATCH A GLIMPSE OF THE WOLFPACK AND ITS A SPRINT TO ANY HORIZON (THEY WILL PROBABLY RUN ALL THE WAY TO AUSTRALIA)

Scouts almost got a strong scent boys but we will pick it up again!

"Hunting Rhino With The Pack!"

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

News from League Express 3103:

  • Premier broadcast deal, see my post on the main forum (all good news)
  • Garry Schofield's prediction: (1) Leigh (2) Toronto (3) Featherstone (4) Halifax (5) Toulouse...
  • The same Garry sees none of the Championship sides promoted to SL at the end of the Qualifiers
  • 2 American signings... not with TWP. US Skipper Mark Offerdahl to Sheffield, Eddy Pettybourne to Toulouse

We just need a Canadian broadcaster now. I expect an announcement this week since Sportsnet is releasing their February line-up also. But maybe TWP will be back on Game TV and CBC online, after all that was not a bad deal at all...

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, manu266 said:

News from League Express 3103:

  • Premier broadcast deal, see my post on the main forum (all good news)
  • Garry Schofield's prediction: (1) Leigh (2) Toronto (3) Featherstone (4) Halifax (5) Toulouse...
  • The same Garry sees none of the Championship sides promoted to SL at the end of the Qualifiers
  • 2 American signings... not with TWP. US Skipper Mark Offerdahl to Sheffield, Eddy Pettybourne to Toulouse

We just need a Canadian broadcaster now. I expect an announcement this week since Sportsnet is releasing their February line-up also. But maybe TWP will be back on Game TV and CBC online, after all that was not a bad deal at all...

I wonder if we will still be able to get TWP qualifiers in Canada through a deal with SKY for a broadcast if we don't show the game in the UK?

Side note how do you like league express? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Krzzystuff said:

I wonder if we will still be able to get TWP qualifiers in Canada through a deal with SKY for a broadcast if we don't show the game in the UK?

I'm less worried now. This article confirms that TWP is paying for filming costs, so basically they can still hire Premier (or any other) crew for a Canada only broadcast of the Qualifiers. If Sky films it, even better of course, but if they skip TWP games (and they will for most of the games), international broadcasting rights are open for discussion, RFL seems ok with NA exposure without getting cash for the moment, Sky has nothing to say outside the UK and Ireland, but they would be fools not to show TWP games when they don't have to pay a penny for broadcasting. They have enough channels, they probably have the Red Button thing also (extra channel) or a web only stream if needed.

A French or Australian broadscaster could also pick up the feed and give even more exposure to both TWP and the Qualifiers.

1 hour ago, Krzzystuff said:

Side note how do you like league express? 

Back when I was following SL and NRL only, it was a bit limited in info for me. I actually cancelled my subscription in 2015. But of course with TWP, I renewed since I didn't know anything about League One and Championship. It's the only newspaper we have for these levels, local UK press don't say much about it. There is also League Weekly, I tried a couple of time, the layout is better but they focus more on SL.

Actually it would be nice if TWP could import copies of both publications + the monthly Rugby League World and send them to some magazine stores in Toronto (maybe it's already in place I don't know). In Montreal we have a lot of Rugby Union magazine in French and English. I suppose the English ones are available in Toronto too. But with League magazines that always have a least a small piece covering TWP, it makes sense to make them available in Toronto stores. Exposure, exposure, exposure...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah i signed up for the digital copy of RL World recently, liking the content but it's on a monthly basis so you don't get the hot of the press stuff like you just did with the TV deal in Express.

Wonder what the M62 will moan about next regarding us though...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


League Express Yearbook 2018/19 - Order Now


Rugby League World - Nov 2018

Rugby League World - Nov 2018



League Express - Online Now

League Express - Every Monday