RobertAM

Local Press Coverage of TWP

6 hours ago, Krzzystuff said:

Yeah i signed up for the digital copy of RL World recently, liking the content but it's on a monthly basis so you don't get the hot of the press stuff like you just did with the TV deal in Express.

Wonder what the M62 will moan about next regarding us though...

Interesting article in the Star today about the Wolfpack and the upcoming season.

Simple question regarding TWP and above posts. Easy, I know, to comment from the other side of the pond, but does anybody know what is going on with TWP?

6 minutes ago, TMF said:

Simple question regarding TWP and above posts. Easy, I know, to comment from the other side of the pond, but does anybody know what is going on with TWP?

YES!  What do you want to know...its pretty straight forward but before we begin...I must warn you...there is not any hidden agenda....so if you are going to start talking about conspiracy theories...well...you're howling up the wrong tree!

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, TMF said:

Look Ma...a troll!

• Like 1

Lol, Hi Kman, no conspiracy theories.No howling, just, where are you going to play, when and where? I may have missed your fixture list, if so, I appologise.

Krzzystuff, grow up.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TMF said:

Lol, Hi Kman, no conspiracy theories.No howling, just, where are you going to play, when and where? I may have missed your fixture list, if so, I appologise.

All home games at Lamport stating May 5 hopefully, getting an updated field cover, will be playing Halifax April 28 th at an alternative site...in London I believe.

We thought about Leigh as a site but they wanted us to televise all of their home games for free (on every television network in the free world live), also give them a large lump sum, pay for their concessions on a 2 for 1 basis, dollar cost average donation to all their ticket holders, etc., etc. etc.,etc.)...we declined but offered them a special fixture dubbed "Da Pillage In Da Sports Village" to show them our love.  Looking forward to it.

Thats about it!   Everything else is going very well, lots of coverage and excitement in Toronto...the buzz has begun and the growing fan base is ready, willing and able.  All positive on this end!

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, TMF said:

The fixture list (we call it a schedule, and it's 50/50 whether we say shedule or skedule) is posted at: https://www.torontowolfpack.com/schedule/

The first Home date vs Halifax is still shown as Venue TBC. There have been rumours that it will be played in England but the Wolfpack have not said any more than TBC. I believe they are still exploring options but in the end it may be played elsewhere. The Toulouse game has been confirmed as being moved to Newcastle for Magic Weekend. I fully expect all other games to be played in Toronto.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, TMF said:

Krzzystuff, grow up.

lol your question has been answered numerous times already. You can use the magical intreweb that you are on and go to a site called The Google and type in Toronto Wolfpack Fixtures....this technology thing is CRAZY!!!!

Your'e either very...not bright...or a cute and cuddly troll!

image.png.ad88016c5a6415d01194a215de94104a.png

4 minutes ago, Krzzystuff said:

lol your question has been answered numerous times already. You can use the magical intreweb that you are on and go to a site called The Google and type in Toronto Wolfpack Fixtures....this technology thing is CRAZY!!!!

Your'e either very...not bright...or a cute and cuddly troll!

image.png.ad88016c5a6415d01194a215de94104a.png

I don't think he is a troll...just confused and from Barrow (that explains it!); still mentally shaken and dazed from those two (2) losses to us last year.

Edited by Kayakman
  • Haha 1

Lol, I love you guys, I really do. Can't wait to see you at Crazy Park. Kryzzystuff, calm down. It's just a game. Good luck to TWP. To Kman, yep, we're all mental in Barrow, but we're nice with it.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, TMF said:

Lol, I love you guys, I really do. Can't wait to see you at Crazy Park. Kryzzystuff, calm down. It's just a game. Good luck to TWP. To Kman, yep, we're all mental in Barrow, but we're nice with it.

Barrow strikes me as a unique place/people....but I don't know,never been.   Looks nice on the internet though.

2 hours ago, Kayakman said:

Barrow strikes me as a unique place/people....but I don't know,never been.   Looks nice on the internet though.

Tread carefully Kman...the majority of them can't get visas to travel to Canada so you know they must have done something pretty bad. :vinsent:

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Krzzystuff said:

Tread carefully Kman...the majority of them can't get visas to travel to Canada so you know they must have done something pretty bad. :vinsent:

Thats just makes them regular people like the rest of us Krzzystuff (well not me of course and I know you are too smart to ever get caught!)

• Like 1

I received an email from Sportsnet confirming that the broadcast situation for 2018 will be exactly the same as last season, so Super League and NRL stay on Sportsnet, and TWP on GameTV.

I haven't seen any RL on their schedule so far, so I'm still skeptical about this but just wanted to share.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, manu266 said:

I received an email from Sportsnet confirming that the broadcast situation for 2018 will be exactly the same as last season, so Super League and NRL stay on Sportsnet, and TWP on GameTV.

I haven't seen any RL on their schedule so far, so I'm still skeptical about this but just wanted to share.

That's mostly good news (SL/NRL staying on Sportsnet World; note that's a premium channel you need to pay extra for). GameTV is better than nothing, but last I saw it was not HD on Rogers (part of why I switched to Bell last summer), and it's also not a channel that will be noticed by any sports fan who doesn't already know to look there for Wolfpack coverage. Hopefully they will remain on the CBC site for live streaming as well.

It's too soon to see any RL on the schedule, with the first SL game scheduled for February 1st and the first WP game on February 4th. And NRL doesn't kick off until March.

• Like 1

Hopefully they will remain on the CBC site for live streaming as well."

-this is important that this happens...as far as I'm concerned the best deal for the futre would bve if CBC took them on....the broadcast times are perfect for CBC.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, John WP Fan said:

It's too soon to see any RL on the schedule, with the first SL game scheduled for February 1st and the first WP game on February 4th. And NRL doesn't kick off until March.

Sportsnet already shows Feb-1-4 on their schedule, no RL there, that's why I'm skeptical.

Same with Game TV, you can go very far through February in their schedule, no TWP, but they are not a typical live sports channel, so that's more understandable.

They still have Game TV and CBC on their website and they have updated the sponsors regularly and they now have petcurean, Manchester metropolitan and Map Leaf Diamonds up. Unless they are planning on announcing something very shortly we will have the same setup as last year.

image.png.62e9ae98625f1a454b38b3498e6cc698.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

To all you TWP fans, from us in England, we haven't a clue what you're talking about when quoting NA broadcasting rights. Honestly. 

Can I just say, come over here and you will understand what this game is all about and you will love it. Me, I want to take Kman on a  canoe  down Walney Channel. 

16 hours ago, TMF said:

To all you TWP fans, from us in England, we haven't a clue what you're talking about when quoting NA broadcasting rights. Honestly. 

Can I just say, come over here and you will understand what this game is all about and you will love it. Me, I want to take Kman on a  canoe  down Walney Channel. 

I like canoeing...I canoe all the time...I love canoeing, especially rapid running!  If you want to go out in the bush canoeing with me it would be alot like going with this guy...people tell me I'm alot like this guy (a great compliment):: The Very First And Best Water Walker!

Watch the opening credits and song at least!

Edited by Kayakman

On 08/01/2018 at 9:29 PM, Kayakman said:

I don't think he is a troll...just confused and from Barrow (that explains it!); still mentally shaken and dazed from those two (2) losses to us last year.

Krazystuff (sic), my question wasn't actually answered. Nearest I can get is Kman saying Halifax, May 5th. However, confused as I am, I managed to crack the witchcraft called Google, and low and behold found that you are playing Halifax at home, April 28th, and then at home again,  Swinton 5th May. At least according to BBC RL website. Hope this helps. Oh, and all the rest of your games at home. Just Google, it's easy.

As to Kman, awesome vid and even at my age, I would love to do that. As to the music, it,s ######, lol.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, TMF said:

Krazystuff (sic), my question wasn't actually answered. Nearest I can get is Kman saying Halifax, May 5th. However, confused as I am, I managed to crack the witchcraft called Google, and low and behold found that you are playing Halifax at home, April 28th, and then at home again,  Swinton 5th May. At least according to BBC RL website. Hope this helps. Oh, and all the rest of your games at home. Just Google, it's easy.

As to Kman, awesome vid and even at my age, I would love to do that. As to the music, it,s ######, lol.

Avoiding Johns post with the link to the official site for TWP are ya, you purposely tying to be misinformed?

On 1/8/2018 at 4:25 PM, John WP Fan said:

The fixture list (we call it a schedule, and it's 50/50 whether we say shedule or skedule) is posted at: https://www.torontowolfpack.com/schedule/

The first Home date vs Halifax is still shown as Venue TBC. There have been rumours that it will be played in England but the Wolfpack have not said any more than TBC. I believe they are still exploring options but in the end it may be played elsewhere. The Toulouse game has been confirmed as being moved to Newcastle for Magic Weekend. I fully expect all other games to be played in Toronto.

image.png.f7ab1aeead1482c70b13c13cc26f4c32.png

TBC = To Be Confirmed just to avoid any further confusion.

Edited by Krzzystuff

On 1/12/2018 at 3:00 PM, TMF said:

You've got to maintain proper physical conditioning!....even as you grow older.   The music is great, and I don't know why you blocked out the word 'smashing'; must be a Cumbrian thing.

Canoe and kayak; live long and prosper!