Local Press Coverage of TWP

RobertAM

24 minutes ago, manu266 said:

Toronto hand Rowley new three-year deal

https://www.totalrl.com/toronto-hand-rowley-new-three-year-deal/

There is also an article on Daily Telegraph (Sydney) about Fuifui, but it's behind paywall and I don't see anything on the paper version, maybe later on the Sunday edition...

'Grow up': Fuifui Moimoi's wife has finally had enough

The Rugby League is a different sporting culture for us...glad to see Rowley got the long term deal to show who is the boss of the team (the coach).  Hope things work out for FFMM, wish him all the best.

Time to show Rugby League how to run the show like a pro hockey franchise.  League entertains way too much nonsense and drama off the field.

Hockey ideas:

Pro players; train and stay clean or you are gone (and no one else should pick you up); dress and act properly while in public or you are gone; you are role models for children (and nobody else should pick you up).  You are a well paid professionals; act like it. (look at Gretzky)

Coach: Do what the coach says in training and deportment; Coach also need to walk the walk or he is gone (and none should pick him up). (look at the Sutter brothers)

GM: Oversee everything and give the coach and front office the tools they need to succeed. (look at Bob Gainey)

Fans:  Stay loyal and expect high standards, you deserve them. (Look at the new franchise in Las Vegas)

This nonsense in Rugby League of entertaining these players smallest whims and accepting immature school boy antics is not acceptable...we all have a collective responsibility to stop entertaining it at all ASAP.  Time to move these aspects of the game up to a higher professional standard, both on and off the pitch.

Hockey isn't perfect and its had its cases/problems but they were dealt with to a higher professional standard....there is something for Rugby League to learn from it in these regards....for the love of Mike kids are watching!

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Kayakman said:

(Look at the new franchise in Las Vegas)

There is a Hockey team in Vegas? What are the NHL thinking by selling out the sport. Where will their players come from? Do they have "away" fans?  FFS, you can't play Hockey in the desert.

On 1/8/2018 at 4:02 PM, Krzzystuff said:

Look Ma...a troll!

I just wanted to step in and say TMF is not a troll.  He has actually come down to our sub forum before in prior threads.  I have intereacted on many of his threads in his home forum (Barrow) and encouraged him and his peers to visit us, so be nice to him!  I made a point last year to try to participate in any of the L1 club forums where there was actual activity (which regretfully were few) and met many lovely native fans.

22 hours ago, Captain Survival said:

I just wanted to step in and say TMF is not a troll.  He has actually come down to our sub forum before in prior threads.  I have intereacted on many of his threads in his home forum (Barrow) and encouraged him and his peers to visit us, so be nice to him!  I made a point last year to try to participate in any of the L1 club forums where there was actual activity (which regretfully were few) and met many lovely native fans.

OK I'll forgive him this time but he better not let it happen again...that sweet lovely native.

CS and Kman, lol, thanks for your forgiveness. You are our first home game. Really, Barrow supporters can't wait to see TWP. Will you be here? You have encouraged us to visit and hundreds have done so. You gonna recipricate?

3 hours ago, TMF said:

CS and Kman, lol, thanks for your forgiveness. You are our first home game. Really, Barrow supporters can't wait to see TWP. Will you be here? You have encouraged us to visit and hundreds have done so. You gonna recipricate?

I can't make the Barrow game but I'm coming over this season for one if everything works out...TWP is setting up packages to come over which is good and an improvement we made from last year...WE ARE COMING!

From League Express 3105:

• Boston bid has names and faces: Mark Evans, former CEO of Melbourne Storm to be consultant for financial backers of the bid; Spencer Kassimir, an entrepreneur and journalist based in Australia will be the key investor; progress made in securing a stadium and a link with a University (we are not talking about Patriots anymore, to me NYC bid seems more solid)
  • Rugby League bid to become an official International sport to be accepted or rejected this Wednesday
  • TWP inundated with available players to replace the 3 outcasts, no panic...
  • But Rowley admits this (along with Tom Armstrong needing an operation) will have consequences on the field

Kman, enjoy your trip. Yes, i agree, it's baby steps from your first season and great to hear plans are in place to bring you guys over here. You will love it and you will get a great reception. Which game is the one, is the question, lol?

2 hours ago, TMF said:

Kman, enjoy your trip. Yes, i agree, it's baby steps from your first season and great to hear plans are in place to bring you guys over here. You will love it and you will get a great reception. Which game is the one, is the question, lol?

Maybe Sheffield.

Sheffield? Yer avin a giraffe. Rob, the summer bash is the one, even though i'll miss it.

2 hours ago, TMF said:

Sheffield? Yer avin a giraffe. Rob, the summer bash is the one, even though i'll miss it.

I know, I've already been told, can't get the time off work though.

The article on FFMM : 

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/nsw/grow-up-fuifui-moimois-wife-has-finally-had-enough/news-story/ceaa24558cec69318671810b17188d92

Not sure if this is the same link from Manu666 but this should open up. 

I had no idea he was in a bar fight last year here.  Never heard anything about that.  I think it might have just been some pushing or he would have been suspended.

Rowley Interview from today

https://www.propersport.uk/toronto-wolfpack-paul-rowley-at-the-launch-of-the-new-season

Interview with Nobel and just in general a good show to listen to. Expect TWP coverage every week in some manner cuz ya know...we're awesome and all.

https://talksport.com/rugby-league/rugby-league-talksport-2-podcast-january-24-2018-180124269878

15 hours ago, Medway Bear said:

Sorry posted in wrong place

No excuses...you posted on the Wolfpack page so you are officially a member of the pack now...Welcome To the Pack Medway Bear!

37 minutes ago, manu266 said:

It’s pretty pathetic in my eyes to allow TWP into the system and after a season tell them that even winning promotion on the pitch isn’t a guarantee of a SL spot.

rldfsignature.jpg

53 minutes ago, deluded pom? said:

It’s pretty pathetic in my eyes to allow TWP into the system and after a season tell them that even winning promotion on the pitch isn’t a guarantee of a SL spot.

Reports are that Argyle was at Red Hall talking with Lenagan so i imagine it's being settled. In the intreview with Nobel on TS2 Nobel said the comments were a surprise to TWP which i wasn't expecting, i thought it was a stipulation that they all knew about and Rimmer just told the public but it seems it's just some shady dealings.

Nobel is on as the first guest within 10 min i believe?

https://talksport.com/rugby-league/rugby-league-talksport-2-podcast-january-24-2018-180124269878

Archived