Players past and present

9' oller

Going through some old shirts today got me thinking about players who graced the particular shirt.

Which player did you:-

1.Wish we'd signed much earlier. 2.Which player did you want to retain. 3.which player did you expect more from.

1. Stuck between Kevin crouthers/ black/ handforth. 2. Again mcgivilRy or tommo. 3. Quite a few get this gig but: Dale cardoza or Simon Brown certainly do

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

Not sure Tiger coming earlier would of been a good idea I know Gary Thornton wanted him but he was considered not within Batley's budget. It seems Karl was more persuasive with the board and of course he was signed and we kicked on from there. 

1950s Gallant Youth, 2000 Bulldog

1. Going back to the mid '80s, Dave Barrents (spelling?) had a couple of entertaining games with the Gallant Youths at the end of his career.

2. Walmsley (A) ought never to have left the 'dogs. He's done nothing of note since. <Ahem>

3. The returning Paul Mennell was nowhere near the 2009 version. And Alan Craven joined Batley for a (then) club record transfer fee (pre-Bosnan) from Crown Flatt early 1980s, did nowt on the field for a bit, then retired from the game to run a pub. It still rankles.

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur

4 hours ago, ernieone said:

Not sure Tiger coming earlier would of been a good idea I know Gary Thornton wanted him but he was considered not within Batley's budget. It seems Karl was more persuasive with the board and of course he was signed and we kicked on from there. 

Would his joining mid-season after Doncaster had gone bust affected Tiger's affordability, Ernieone?

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur

9 hours ago, ernieone said:

I think the time he arrived the board were prepared/persuaded to pay that bit extra to buy better class players if he had come earlier would he of been as effective?

If he'd come earlier you would not have been all but dead and buried in the first place. Lets face it, Donny's misfortune and KH almost certainly saved you from the drop, and a division you might have struggled to get out of.

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

Archived